Namastes 100 days.... time to move on :(

New scales have arrived and weights compared. I am 13.8 and 3/4lbs on my new scales and now gone up to 13.12 on my old ones. I prefer the new :)

Good afternoon Namaste, yeah bin those old scales! They're obviously broken :D

Hope you're having a fab weekend :hug99: xx

Day 41 ~ Weight 13.7 :D:D:D That's a total of 19lbs in just 6 weeks. Not so slow after all. Off to work early this morning so will add to this a bit later.

Have a lovely morning everyone... the sun's finally shining xx

Day 42/100 and still very much in the exante zone..... who'd have believed it? Not me that's for sure :)

Seems the focus on the fast approaching wedding and inevitable photo's has severely pulled me up! The very thought of pics of me at nearly 15st at my son's wedding being plastered everywhere for evermore has done the trick. Family bag's of m&m's no longer seem sooo enticing.

Not been around much as friends mother died... sad times for all :(

Off to enjoy the sunshine while it's here. Happy days everyone xx

Nearly forgot about the porridge......... ah yes, the porridge:confused: what's all that about? I'm absolutely positive it's wallpaper paste (not even in disguise) But, it really really fills you up. You definitely have to make it will less water and cinammon so it's gloopy and thick. Tried it yesterday with the proper amount of water ~ gruel is all I can say....... bleurgh! Not sure if I'd buy it but as a freebie I'll work on it :)

Day 43/100 ~ weight 'too much' :sigh: Does anyone else get days like this? Days where the sun is shining and you should be happy but you're not. You feel like a big, fat sweaty blob, everyone hates you and nothing anyone does is right? Or is that just me?

Today is one of those days and I don't know why............

Just got in, I'm in my pyjamas (yes at 3 in the afternoon) and I'm going to slob in front of crap tv, have an early night and hope tomorrow I feel a bit better.

xx

Day 44/100 Feeling much better today. OH made me a little vegetable dinner yesterday, then we watched Come Dine With Me (I know, torture :)) and then had an early night. He didn't even have his wine or beers just to keep me company..... I love that man :love:

Been better today...... Shake for brekkies, half a bar earlier, soup now and will have my other half a bar later. Might have another WS meal, not sure yet.

Made vegan cakes for DS. Thought about starting the painting in the kitchen but decided it was too hot... put up a lampshade instead! Not quite as productive but hey ho

Off to the arcade for a bit xx

Day 45/100 Weight 13.6 A whole blerdy pound in 4 days. This is sooooo slow I'm struggling not to give up. Why have such a limited calorie intake if it's not going to give fast results? I'll ponder that over the weekend :(

I'm glad you are feeling better!

How does it feel to be almost half way through your challenge?

I think everyone gets down days, I know I do. You should be proud of yourself that you didn't turn to food :)

Have you tried measuring yourself if the scales are not being kind?

Fingers crossed for a big 'whoosh' over the weekend.

namaste said:
Day 45/100 Weight 13.6 A whole blerdy pound in 4 days. This is sooooo slow I'm struggling not to give up. Why have such a limited calorie intake if it's not going to give fast results? I'll ponder that over the weekend :(

I agree I measured myself and when I'm depressed about it I remeasure then pop it into my iPad and feel much happier !!

Day 47/100 Weight 13.5 so going down :D I need to focus on that. Yesterday was a very odd day though (foodwise) Had my Sunday breakfast of a 1 egg omelette with cheese and loads of fresh veg about 10am. Then I wasn't hungry, I really didn't think about food until about 4pm when I realised I hadn't had any shakes and I really didn't want anything........ how weird is that? Not thinking at all about food? Bizarre!

Been reading a couple of books which will be very helpful I think. Becks book which is really helping me get my head in the right place. And one by Dana Carpender, How I gave up my low fat diet and lost 40lbs. Very interesting and useful. It discusses problems some people have with carbs and how the current low fat/high carb diet the medical establishment favours isn't right for everyone. It looks at some of the low carb options available and how important it is to find what's right for you. Let's face it, what I was doing before wasn't right for me cos it made me fat again!

I need to plan what I'm going to do when I finish my 100 days. I'm leaning more and more towards the low carb options. I have to accept that carbs are addictive for me, I can't just have one biscuit or one chocolate ~ I start out being moderate but then it escalates. The inevitable result is that I put weight back on, I get miserable and eat crap and put more weight back on.

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking almost halfway through my challenge.. might change later xx

namaste said:
Day 47/100 Weight 13.5 so going down :D I need to focus on that. Yesterday was a very odd day though (foodwise) Had my Sunday breakfast of a 1 egg omelette with cheese and loads of fresh veg about 10am. Then I wasn't hungry, I really didn't think about food until about 4pm when I realised I hadn't had any shakes and I really didn't want anything........ how weird is that? Not thinking at all about food? Bizarre!

Been reading a couple of books which will be very helpful I think. Becks book which is really helping me get my head in the right place. And one by Dana Carpender, How I gave up my low fat diet and lost 40lbs. Very interesting and useful. It discusses problems some people have with carbs and how the current low fat/high carb diet the medical establishment favours isn't right for everyone. It looks at some of the low carb options available and how important it is to find what's right for you. Let's face it, what I was doing before wasn't right for me cos it made me fat again!

I need to plan what I'm going to do when I finish my 100 days. I'm leaning more and more towards the low carb options. I have to accept that carbs are addictive for me, I can't just have one biscuit or one chocolate ~ I start out being moderate but then it escalates. The inevitable result is that I put weight back on, I get miserable and eat crap and put more weight back on.

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking almost halfway through my challenge.. might change later xx

I read a really good article many years ago about our diet now and the carbs we eat - basically saying pre war we had everything fried in lard ate loads and loads more fat but had no where near as many obese people, even allowing for the extra calories used/eaten . It was blaming our current low fat carb rich diet .....

I read a really good article many years ago about our diet now and the carbs we eat - basically saying pre war we had everything fried in lard ate loads and loads more fat but had no where near as many obese people, even allowing for the extra calories used/eaten . It was blaming our current low fat carb rich diet .....

That's so true and the more I read the more I agree.... low fat/high carb doesn't work for an awful lot of people. Trouble is, most of our carb intake is rubbish food like pasties and cereals ~ we didn't get fat overeating fruit :D

Anyway, another very good day today. Can't believe I'm almost half way through my personal challenge. Having contemplated all this stuff and the slow weight loss over the weekend I've decided I'm gonna stick with it. I made a commitment and I'm gonna see it through. If I don't lose 50lbs, so what ~ I'll still be at least 3st lighter and that's amazing.

Only just had my 'treat' from last weigh in. I hate getting my hair cut but I like the results. There's a great unisex barber's here so no fuss (which is what I prefer) so I went this morning and had a drastic hair cut. I must say it's fab... short at the back and a bit longer at the front, nice and cool :D

Think I'm gonna have to take pics soon! xx

wow following your diary is really helpful, im glad to not be the only one whose feeling like this on a daily basis!
keep up the work, i think itl be well worth it in the end :)

Day 48/100 ~ Weight 13.4 :D:D:D I hereby promise to never moan about this diet (well, almost never) again. Stick to it and the weight will shift eventually!

Hey sore-loser and ladoo, thanks for your positive comments...... I really must go and catch up on diaries in a bit ~ shamefully behind. As for the pics, might put them up in a bit, I'm feeling more positive today.

Have a lovely afternoon exante peeps xx

Good afternoon Namaste, wow you're doing fab. Well done hun :hug99:

Think quite a few of us are thinking of low carbing once we get near to, or at target. Definitely seems the right diet to help keep the weight off, without it feeling like a diet.

hello namaste , you are doing weel, I like you am enjoying my exante journey :) keep up the good work x

Back