Namastes 100 days.... time to move on :(

Good afternoon Namaste. Hope you're having an easier time :hug99: xx

Lol I love my birkenstocks, so comfy!

If you really can't face wearing heels or wedges, then maybe think about some pretty ballet pumps.

Day 81/100 ~ Weight 12.08........... that's a whole 4lbs this time:D:D:D Can't believe things have shifted a bit but I'm very happy they have. I've been eating but only low-carb.. mainly veg, cheese, nuts and seeds. I've also had one or two exante packs a day aswell. It's not ideal but under the circumstances it was all I could manage. I do take supplements (vitamins, minerals and vegetarian omega oils) and have done since I started the menopause so I'm sure everything's ok nutritionally. My steroids were halved almost 3 weeks ago so maybe that's helping too. And the fitter I get the more walking I can do.....lots of lovely hills:eek:

In other news BIL is still making progress, not as quickly as everyone would like but that's life I guess. He's on the mend anyway so that's good.

As for wedding arrangements.. DS's anxiety levels seem to rise every time I see him! Luckily his OH manages to stay calmer or he'd be over the edge by now ~ one month to go. I have a dress but not much else yet....... I blerdy loathe shopping but I'll do my best not to leave it till the last minute.

Thanks for the suggestion GP, I might well do that although I have a picture in my head of me being tall it ain't gonna happen ~ not without the risk of injury anyway.

Need to go and catch up on diaries.... I've been sooooo remiss :( xx

Good morning Namaste. WOW! FAb 4lbs weight loss! I wonder now your medication is less, you'll hopefully register bigger losses now? Fingers crossed that'll be the case.

Hope you have a great day, good news about your Brother in law too, a weight off your mind I'm sure. :hug99: xx

4 lbs is excellent :)

Great news about your BIL

My sister get married next year and shes already turned into bridezilla - can't wait till it gets closer !!!

Just think by then you'll be at goal and have the pick of outfits... anything you like:D

Day 86/100 ~ Weight 12.08 so no movement yet... I'm ok with that cos if it's one thing I've finally learnt over the last 86 days is that I'm doing what I can given the circumstances and the weight will come off.. pace is irrelevant really.

I've decided to carry on as I am until the end of July if I can. That takes me over the 100 days but as this is a lifestyle change that doesn't really matter. I am definitely going to just eat low-carb in future. It's more difficult than low fat I think, there's always low fat snacks when you're out, something you can grab. When you low carb it's much more difficult.. you can't just get something when you're out, you have to always be prepared. Still, I guess I'll have to continue to think about what I'm eating and plan, plan, plan. I'm never putting this weight back on again.

Having said that, I really, really want to be 11.12 by the wedding. That'll be a 3 stone loss, a comfortable size 14 and I'll only be 2.12 overweight (ONLY). That's 4 weeks to lose 10lbs.... realistic for most people on Exante TS but not sure whether it's possible for me. After all this time I don't know if I can TS again and even then I don't know if I'll lose it that quickly. I guess I'll give it my all but if I don't I won't be devastated!

Was gonna watch tennis today but it's blerdy raining again...... I'll go and catch up on some diaries first I think

Hope everyone's having a lovely 100% day :Dxx

Good afternoon Namaste, fingers crossed you'll get there hun :hug99: xx

Day 91/100 ~ Weight 12.06....... another loss of 2lbs:D Very happy with that. I'm mostly eating now so I do feel a bit of a fraud posting on this board still. Think I'll stay here though till the wedding and then move over to either Atkins or lo-carb board.

Anyway, off to work now but will be back later to catch up on you all xx

Good afternoon Namaste and well done on the 2lbs loss. :hug99: xx

I think we should all stay here, this Exante group has to be the friendliest part of the whole forum I think! :D

Good afternoon Namaste and well done on the 2lbs loss. :hug99: xx

I think we should all stay here, this Exante group has to be the friendliest part of the whole forum I think! :D

I think you're right, I've been dipping in and out of the other board but really, there's not the same vibe :( Maybe I'll just go over to MFP, I feel like I don't need too much support now..... let's hope that's not the 'pride before a fall' thing!

Anyway Day 98/100 and no movement on the scales :( Not gonna worry about it too much so I'll just carry on with my carb counting :)

Wedding plans are coming together but still not sorted my outfit out fully.... will have to go into town later I think. No other plans cos guess what, it's blerdy raining again... bleurgh!

I'll probably do some baking when I get back... low carb bread and some vegan goodies for DS. Then a catch up on the diaries methinks, loads of new people I see xx

Day 101/100 Weight ~ 12.04

So that's it then.. my final weight of this challenge is 12.04, a total loss of 36lbs.:D It's not as much as I wanted when I started but now that I'm there it doesn't really matter. The benefits of losing that 36lbs are worth so much more than thinking about what I didn't lose. And of course, I haven't finished yet!

My knees don't hurt anymore
My asthma medication has been halved
I can walk miles and up very steep hills with no problem
My blood pressure's normal
I can wear size 14's
I have more energy
I just FEEL better in general

I'm off to Bristol this morning, when I get back in a few days I'll try and post pics (altho there aren't many of me at nearly 15st) xx

Last edited:
Well, just been bought back down to earth :( Had my hospital appointment to sort out surgery for my hernia and I'm still blerdy obese. That means they won't do it yet. Have another appointment in 3 months and am expected to have lost 21lbs by then.... hope I can do it. I know I can on Exante but I don't want to go back on that again, it's served it's purpose....

Ah well, guess I'll re-evaluate after next week xx

Good evening Namaste :hug99: xx

Oh no, how dis-heartening. Are you low carbing this week?

Good evening Namaste :hug99: xx

Oh no, how dis-heartening. Are you low carbing this week?

Evening.... yep, just counting carbs. Aim to keep under 50 but it's generally anywhere between 20-30g. Once you get used to it, it's a very easy way of eating. My sweet cravings have all but disappeared and I'm not constantly hungry like I used to be with the low fat/high carb calorie counting. I'm sure I can do this as a way of eating for life now.

Gotta get to work.... have a lovely 100% day everyone xxx

Good morning Namaste, ooh that does sound promising. Fingers crossed you do well. I'm looking forward to seeing your results :hug99: xx

Quick update.

Wedding on Thursday, weight this morning 12.01:D That's another incredible 3lbs.....

I'm eating a low carb diet of under 50g per day, drinking lots of water and walking for exercise. Amazing!

I'll post pics after Thursday then I think it'll be time to move over to the low-carb board. It's not as active as you lovely Exanter's but I think I'll need to keep track of things for a bit longer.

youve done so well hun , bet you were so proud of your weight will def be reading your diary regulary your a inspiration to me u really are , x

Good luck tomorrow, hoping you all have a wonderful day and the sun shines xx

I haven't been on this forum for quite a while so thought I'd just update :)

The wedding day was beautiful thanks GP.... the sun shone and everything went to plan. I weighed 12st exactly which was 40lbs less than I was when I started in April and 54lbs less than me at my heaviest.

I'm low carbing at the moment and stuck at 12st. Tisn't too much of a problem, I think my head needs time to catch up with my body. The only issue with it is that the hospital expects me to have lost another 18lbs by the end of October.......... I have to try or they won't even put me on the waiting list for my op.

Anyway, I'll post pictures on here (when I've sorted them) just to finish this part of my weightloss challenge.

Then I'll just be on MFP and a blog on minimins.

Thank you all for your wonderful support. I could've given up so many times but you lot (and the arcade) are what kept me going.

Maybe you'll stop by my blog now and again for updates and I'll do the same here.

:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Back