NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Meeting my friend in the morning depending on snow. We had some yesterday but it did not settle on roads. Terrible wind too. No not me, the weather ☺.

I am supposed to go to my sister's this weekend, she lives in Peterborough. She rang today worrying about the snow forecast. Even if it ok Friday, if it comes down Saturday or Sunday I could be stuck. It was for a day of physic fun Saturday. Don't expect to be able to go. Shame she has not invited me for years.

The following Friday I am going to a different sister in Norfolk. Two hour drive. Horrible and very tiring. Fri to Mon. Will meet up with another sister while up there. Will be good.

Have a good day all xxx

I'd say 1.5 syns is very good for a non fat free yoghurt , especially as you enjoyed it so much. My husband won't touch fat free desserts as he says he can taste the sweetener. I think I'm so used to them now I can't tell the difference!

We hardly had any snow today but it's absolutely FREEZING ! I've got my thick dressing gown on in bed!

I have been wearing extra clothing in bed. Sooo cold

Hope you enjoyed your day out Doreen!

Ah that's a pity you're not likely to be able to visit your sister - will you be able to go another time I wonder? Hope you're able to meet your friend today & glad for her sake the wind's only th weather variety :classic_smile::classic_confused::classic_roll_eyes:

Take care if the snow/ice are still around, the snow's pretty to look at isn't it but it messes up plans and can cause accidents - so hope it doesn't hang around too long.

I'm glad you'll be seeing your other sisters soon but that drive's a pain as you say - some of our friends used to live in Norfolk near Norwich and when we got to halfway we'd really have enough of the drive.

Another 2 good food days there - reckon you'll be smiling on those scales again on Friday - you're on a brilliant run and Gypsy Linda predicts you'll be in the 13s b4 too long now ;)

Last edited:
Enjoyed my food today.

Seeing my friend in the morning. Hope weather ok especially as going to see Matilda in West End leaving at 4.30. Hope it don't snow as I meet the coach at the bottom of a nice hill that is one mile long. 🙄

Isn't SW a great diet - we can have such a variety of food and still lose weight!

Another busy day for you 2moro - hope the weather keeps fine for you and that hill is clear of snow. xx

Last edited:
Hope the weather is kind to you tomorrow.:)

I got in from work at 5pm after walking home in sunshine. Put kettle on looked out of the window it had gone dark and within 2 mins snow was coming down and settling.:classic_frown: There goes my plans to go out to town tomorrow.:classic_roll_eyes:

Snow's very pretty but very disruptive - is the forecast poor for 2moro there? Hope the white stuff doesn't hang about for long.

Meeting my friend in the morning depending on snow. We had some yesterday but it did not settle on roads. Terrible wind too. No not me, the weather ☺.

I am supposed to go to my sister's this weekend, she lives in Peterborough. She rang today worrying about the snow forecast. Even if it ok Friday, if it comes down Saturday or Sunday I could be stuck. It was for a day of physic fun Saturday. Don't expect to be able to go. Shame she has not invited me for years.

The following Friday I am going to a different sister in Norfolk. Two hour drive. Horrible and very tiring. Fri to Mon. Will meet up with another sister while up there. Will be good.

Have a good day all xxx

Ooh your sister in Peterborough isn’t too far away from me! I do hope you get to see her and have a super weekend x

Hope the weather is kind to you tomorrow.:)

I got in from work at 5pm after walking home in sunshine. Put kettle on looked out of the window it had gone dark and within 2 mins snow was coming down and settling.:classic_frown: There goes my plans to go out to town tomorrow.:classic_roll_eyes:

It’s a blooming nuisance isn’t it 😠 I was supposed to go to the church coffee morning today but it was cancelled. We hardly had any snow here but the congregation is elderly so they decided to cancel to be on the safe side.

I hope you don’t get too much more tomorrow x

EDITED COS I ENDED UP HAVING BRUNCH NOT B'FAST & LUNCH - DON'T KNOW WHERE THE TIME'S GONE!

Thick snow here today & more forecast - we had planned a day out but not a good idea now - we live on top of a steep one mile hill - nothing urgent to do and we have a good little shop here so we won't starve ;) we also have nice pub but it's closed for renovation - so no lunch out, no SW class nor visiting Phil's Mum today but we'll go 2moro :(

Will do 30 mins exercise - I will, I will, I will .........................................

Brunch: frylighted egg and 40g bread part HEB, half a pot of sweetened quark with 1 syns worth of low cal drink choc and tiny bit of cocoa 1 syn
D: SW chilli inc lots of veg with small amount of SW chips & rice - rest of quark thing - 2 more syns
Snacks: liberte honey yog 1.5 syns
Drinks: fruit teas, water
TOTAL SYNS: 5.5

Do you live out in the sticks @upndown ?
Shame about the pub, although I suppose it’s one less temptation! 🥘🥙🍛🍲🍷🍺

I live a mile from the North Wales coast - up a steep hill from the town and road runs through an ancient woodland - there's lots of paths so we have lovely walks there - some people might call it the sticks :)

The pub's only closed for 3 weeks - thank goodness - I like it cos it's handy and they're very flexible about the menu & happy to serve food the Slimming World way - like not serving the gravy/sauces, no butter on the veg, switch non speed veg for salad etc :eat:

Oh I’m so jealous! Sounds idyllic to me! 💞
My husband Gwyn is from a small mining village in Wales called Ynysybwl, near Pontypridd. He came to England as a newly qualified teacher and then never returned as he met his first wife here. We keep saying we should go back for a holiday but somehow we never get round to it.
The pub sounds lovely. How nice that you can have a SW friendly meal there 😊

Well because of the weather my friend and I have postponed. She lives in a village and snow is pretty bad.

We have snow but it is not settling on the roads. They are used a lot.

I am not going to Peterborough on Friday now. Forecast not too good and I don't want to get stuck up there.

I am finding diet difficult at present. Hope ok by Friday.

Hi everyone. Was out most of yesterday. No time to come and see you.

I am sitting here trying to remember what I ate yesterday.

B. Coffee. Hea

L. Made by my neice. Chicken curry and rice. 2 syns. Mayflower curry I think it was. Bloody lovely.

D. SW chips. Mince & speed from the freezer. Yogurt. Diet drinks.

I forgot to turn the oven off so put a spud in it. Lovely before bed.

Tuesday.
B. Scan bran heb. egg Muller. Banana

L. Maybe 2 boiled eggs and tomatoes

D. 2 loin pork chops. Runner beans. Large jacket spud

Muller.

Another spud. 2 options 4 syns. 3 eggs scrambled and cheese. Had BNS carrot soup for lunch.
Not too bad but I am a pound heavier.

I know that was my "Upndown weigh day" ☺😊😀

Food for Wednesday.

B. Scan bran heb. egg Muller 2 coffee.

L. Big bowl BNS/carrot soup with a drop of lemon essence.

D. 4 sausages 4syns. boiled spuds. Runner beans little cabbage onions gravy 2syns

options 2syns

Oh I’m so jealous! Sounds idyllic to me! 💞
My husband Gwyn is from a small mining village in Wales called Ynysybwl, near Pontypridd. He came to England as a newly qualified teacher and then never returned as he met his first wife here. We keep saying we should go back for a holiday but somehow we never get round to it.
The pub sounds lovely. How nice that you can have a SW friendly meal there 😊

Oh it's not idyllic but we do like it here - I was born locally but a few years after we got married we moved to England thro work - then we came back when our children were small.

Our eldest son used to live in Groesfaen (again to do with work) which is less than half an hour from Pontypridd! You'll know that there's lots of history in the S Wales valleys and after the pit closures there's been a lot money spent on regeneration and many tourists now visit each year - you'd be sure to get a warm welcome!

Been out and about today - shopping mostly - not my thing but it has to be done sometimes :( It's been snowing on and off all day it's sticking but only about 4" thick where we are. Done my exercise - inside of course!

B: fried egg, bread part HEB, tsp brown sauce 1 syn? apple
L: more of that big pan of veg soup! 2 Aldi sugar free rhubarb & custard sweets 1 syn banana
D: Know it's not healthy but I just fancied a Pot Noodle - not had one for years! Good value for 5 syns I'd say More veg soup for speed and an Aldi 0% fat free mango yogurt - lovely for half a syn, spoonful of peanut butter 3 syns?? Must stop 'picking' now these syns are adding up fast!
Drinks: fruit teas, water, milk in coffee part HEA, low cal drinking choc 2 syns
Total syns: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Whoops - my mistake o_O

Last edited:
Well because of the weather my friend and I have postponed. She lives in a village and snow is pretty bad.

We have snow but it is not settling on the roads. They are used a lot.

I am not going to Peterborough now. Forecast not too good and I don't want to get stuck up there.

I am finding diet difficult at present. Hope ok by Friday.

Just noticed this post Doreen it was hiding up the page :) sorry to read you've had to postpone meeting up with your friend - hopefully you'll rearrange to meet another time?

Wonder if the event you were planning to go with your sister will be postponed cos of the weather? If it is perhaps you'll go with your sister if it rearranged later on?

Are you still able to go to the West End to see Matilda - I do hope so.

Sorry too to read you're finding the diet difficult - can see you've been sooooo good lately but we all struggle at times of course - wonder if it'd help to use all your 15 syns and make lots of soups - although I know to my cost that sometimes 15 syns just isn't enough sometimes and soup's not want we fancy either - just do the best you can.

Glad the snow's not sticking there but I'm sure it's cold like everywhere else - think many of us feeling like eating more when it's this cold? x

Last edited:
Another spud. 2 options 4 syns. 3 eggs scrambled and cheese. Had BNS carrot soup for lunch.
Not too bad but I am a pound heavier.

I know that was my "Upndown weigh day" ☺😊😀

How annoying to be on plan for weeks having great losses and now this week you're showing a gain - I know it's hard but keep going and hopefully it'll drop off with a bit more by Friday. x

Back