NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

It was indeed @craftermary - I mostly cook our meals cos I'm not fond of ready meals etc so I can't remember the last time I had a Pot Noodle - I think it was in the late 1980's when I was working in a college where the canteen food was unappetising (a polite description) and no staff kitchen (& pre microwave days) so I took them to work for an easy lunch & a change from sandwiches - for further variety I also used to buy a white bap and rip it in half and gently squash a banana in the middle - classy eh?

Last edited:
I remember those banana days. Also I use to have just tomato ketchup ones.:)

Hope you have both had a good day. Not been out for a walk today as the weather turned bad after my Morrisons food shop at 7am.:(

Hee Hee what classy gastronomic tastes we have eh :tan: - wonder if Doreen will share hers?

No Doreen yet - hope all's well and the snow's not too bad there.

Like lots of areas it's snowing, windy and literally freezing here - glad I made a big pan of soup yesterday ;) but there are lots of areas much worse off I know.

Was going going to do my exercise b4 eating b'fast but our granddaughter stayed with us last night, then took her to school then ventured out for a coffee with a friend and we finished off with a trip to the charity shop - I bought 2 tops - one was brand new & some books - love a bargain and supporting our local hospice!

Went to see MiL in hospital this afternoon - she looked even more poorly than she was 2 days ago - very sad to see her like that - the nurses are fantastic - there are several v poorly patients but the staff are v upbeat - I think it's terrible that they don't get paid their worth (in my humble opinion). Walked for about 15 mins to & from the car and about to do 15 mins of exercise when my tum feels less full as I've just had my main meal of the day :eating:

B: grilled bacon rasher, frylighted egg, 63g bread roll HEB & say half a syn? Fruit salad
L: Big bowl of soup - nice & thick & filling - so no need for more bread ;)
D: SW chilli made with lots speed veg & SW chips - felt like a treat - yogurt 1.5 syns, a banana and 10 unsalted peanuts 3 syns?
Fruit teas, water, 1 coffee with splash of ss milk part HEA
Might have a small piece of cheese part HEA if I'm hungry later.

Last edited:
EDITED - changed my mind about the food :classic_roll_eyes:

Morning! Hope the weather hasn't stopped you going to class today Doreen - good luck!!

Still very cold, 4" snow still hanging around and very windy here brrrr.... no walk for me today - but will be going to visit MiL today & I'll exercise inside when I finish this post :character00116:

Food plan for the day - it'll be similar to yest cos I made a big pan of chilli and another one full of soup:

B: ff yog 1.5 syns, HEB oats, fruit salad
L: crumpet 5 syns :eek:I'd forgotten how high in syns there are peanut butter 5 syns :eek: nice but not worth the syns :( more fruit salad
D: SW chilli with lots of veg and rice,
Fruit teas, water
No HEA again - need to have that for the calcium!

Last edited:
Hiya. We have snow but roads all ok. Went to see Matilda wed. By coach and was really worried about there being snow when I got back to the car. Luckily just a few flurries so ok.

Went to class today and put on 1.1/2 lbs. I can cope with that. Not been out much so ate too much. Now I have a dodgy tummy.

I ate stuff I shouldn't have but lots of spuds. Kept making chips, of course there are only so many you should eat.
Got some soup ready for today but not sure what else I will have. Chicken or burgers I expect.

B. Coffee x 2
L. If I feel like it BNS/carrot soup.
D. Runners boiled spud (if I have chips I have more spud than if boiled). Pro peas.
If chicken it will be free , if burgers 2syns.

Nothing yet though tummy uncomfortable. Could have rice I suppose not sure.

Did you excercise?

Is mil any better?

Your food is looking. I WILL put my food on every day.

Maybe I should have fruit teas instead of coffee. Oh also buy a smaller (if any) piece of parmesan, I have not measured properly and at 5syns for 25grams that is naughty.

Luckily I don't have IBS but I do have a funny tum without warning. Buscapan usually helps but forget about them

I will have plain rice. Thanks for that Mary

Linda. Visit to sister off because of weather. We have rebooked and so have my friend and I.

Got a visit next Friday to another sister the other side of Norwich, about 2 hrs drive.
But since then learned Faye is in a show next week. I have been allocated Wednesday. Now I will drive to Haverhill Wednesday, hopefully get weighed up there Thursday and then travel to my sister Friday.

Just need the weather to cheer up now. I have another sister in Norfolk so we will be meeting up too. Busy busy.

Hee Hee what classy gastronomic tastes we have eh :tan: - wonder if Doreen will share hers?

I used to have apple and sugar sandwiches. Sometimes apple and sultanas.
One of my favourites was soft Roe on toast.

Last edited:
Well you had some speed in those sarnies Doreen - think there's a tiny typo in your favourite toasty snack ;)

Just noticed the time - need to dash now - going to see MiL - will let you know how she is when I get back - she was very poorly yesterday and is losing weight. xx

Linda. Visit to sister off because of weather. We have rebooked and so have my friend and I.

Got a visit next Friday to another sister the other side of Norwich, about 2 hrs drive.
But since then learned Faye is in a show next week. I have been allocated Wednesday. Now I will drive to Haverhill Wednesday, hopefully get weighed up there Thursday and then travel to my sister Friday.

Just need the weather to cheer up now. I have another sister in Norfolk so we will be meeting up too. Busy busy.

Yes you are busy, busy, busy! Pity to have to rearrange but at least you'll get to see your sister and friend. :)

Thank goodness the weather forecast seems to snow free for next week - so you should get to see your sisters as well as Faye's show :cool:

Hiya. We have snow but roads all ok. Went to see Matilda wed. By coach and was really worried about there being snow when I got back to the car. Luckily just a few flurries so ok.

Went to class today and put on 1.1/2 lbs. I can cope with that. Not been out much so ate too much. Now I have a dodgy tummy.

I ate stuff I shouldn't have but lots of spuds. Kept making chips, of course there are only so many you should eat.
Got some soup ready for today but not sure what else I will have. Chicken or burgers I expect.

B. Coffee x 2
D. Runners boiled spud (if I have chips I have more spud than if boiled). Pro peas.

update
L soup.
D. Chicken thighs. Runners cabbage 250g spud. Gravy 3 syns
Options 2 syns

B. Coffee x 2

Nothing yet though tummy uncomfortable. Could have rice I suppose not sure.

Did you excercise?

Is mil any better?

Your food is looking. I WILL put my food on every day.

Maybe I should have fruit teas instead of coffee. Oh also buy a smaller (if any) piece of parmesan, I have not measured properly and at 5syns for 25grams that is naughty.

Glad you're ok with that tiny gain but sorry to read your tum's suffering :( hope it's improving as the day goes on and Dr Mary's advice is helping.
Did my exercise :whacky068: - good to have someone keeping an eye on me :classic_oops: I feel better when I do it but I don't think that the amount I do will have any or much of an effect on my weight loss - but I feel fitter and stronger when I do exercise regularly - plus in the past I've noticed that I'm a bit more toned but never had or will have a washboard tum :)

While I love fruit teas (not that u could have missed that ;) ) I think tea, coffee and low cal drinking choc are all more filling that fruit tea. On the subject of water/watery fluids not that I always drink a lot of them - I've noticed that when I do - for some reason - it tend to lose more.

Can you and Mary or anyone else who might pop in her - keep a secret? I'll take a chance and trust you - when I eat 25g parmesan I 'tweak' the syns and class it as an HEA :O

Thanks for asking after MiL I'm afraid she's deteriorating and eating/drinking very little now - awful to see her like that.

They forecast rain here from tonight. But then it will mean ice and then floods. Roll on Summer. :classic_smile:

On no not ice - I hope it doesn't hang around for long - yes roll on summer when we'll all be posting in our bikinis ;)

Back