need advice - picking a dress

sarahm85

Silver Member
It's my engagement party tonight and everything is organised - except what I'm wearing! I bought one dress originally a while ago, but then yesterday I saw another and got that too. I love both and will wear both, but I'm unsure which is more appropriate for an engagement party. Any advice would be much appreciated - after getting to target I really want to look my best!

flower.jpg

newlook.jpg

Edit:
Dress 1 is more a prom style, it has a net underskirt so it flares out. Dress 2 is fitted at bust and waist and the skirt is more tulip style.

Last edited:
I like the first one its a bit more flirty and fun looking, which makes it great for an engagement party.

Have a great night.

I think the first one is more like a day dress, so I say wear the second one!!

I know that's not helpful :D

They are both nice, but I like the 1st one better for an engagement and it's between friends and family.
If you are going out later to celebrate then I'd go for the 2nd one.

Congratulations for getting to target!

I have to say I like the 1st one too :) congrats on getting engaged and getting to target ..

Both are lovely, but I think the 1st one hun xx

hard one, either dress's are nice (the 1st one, is it from Matalan???)

I think the 2nd is more of a sexy looking dress & possibly more dressey/evening. I can see the 1st how it can be dressed up or down.

I think I would go option 2 :)

Congrats on your engagement & target BTW x

I adoree option 1.
But I think thats because I could never look good in a tulip shaped dress. If I could wear it, Id wear that one.
I was no help. hehe!

Thanks for your replies!
I decided with Dress 2 in the end. I had a fab time and everything went smoothly, I'd been worrying that something would go wrong lol. My OH did a lovely speech which nearly made me cry! There were a good few people who haven't seen me for a while like old uni friends and I kept getting comments about my weightloss from just about everyone, people even saying I look 'skinny' - I've never been called that before!
Now I need to get thinking about my wedding - eek :eek:

Back