NEED ADVISE!!!

LouiKD

Well I was pretty sure I hadn't lost any weight this week but weighed in this morning (not going to SW groups) and I gained 2lbs!!

MONDAYLunch - fruit. Tea - Quorn sausages, onion, smash.activita.
laughing cow light x3Alpen bars x2, ryvita x3
gravyx1, muller fruit corner strawberry5.5
TUESDAYLunch - fruit, yoghurt x2.Tea - beef stew. Supper - ham, carrots, peppers, pickled onion. Yoghurt.cheese
28gAlpen bar x2, roll 57g
Hula Hoops9, dressing1
WEDNESDAYLunch - fruit, yoghurt x2. Tea - Quorn burgers, savory rice, peppers, onions.cheese
28gAlpen bar x2, roll 57g
Walkers Squares 5.5,half tube polos & tom sauce 3, skinny cow choc
THURSDAYLunch - fruit, yoghurtx2. Tea - stir fry veg, seafood mix, chicken, soy sauce, garlic.Melon.
ryvita mini snacks x1, Alpen barx2
walkers(not a whole packet) 5, skinny cow choc 5
FRIDAYLunch - fruit, yoghurt. Tea - wedges, beans, eggs.Melon.
cheese 28gAlpen bars x4
discos8, mayo x1
SATURDAYWatermelon.chicken, eggs, salad.
laughing cow light x3ryvita rose&garlic x3, Alpen bars x2mayo
skinny cow choc 5, mayo x 1
SUNDAYSalad, chicken, seafood, peppers, tom. Melon. Tea - bacon, eggs, tom, sausages.
Alpen bar x4
mini milk x4, dressing x2, brown sauce & low fat sausages3
TOTAL SYNS THIS WEEK 72.5

This is last weeks food diary. Any idea why I gained???
Points to consider:
1) I'm not very active
2) TOTM not until next week
... I've checked my BMR and its 1785 (calories i can consume a week to maintain) So really I should only be having 1285 to lose 1lb a week ... so am i eating too much????

Any advise would be greatly received! Thanks. :sigh:

Last edited:
Hi there,

Where's your breakfast????
What about your HeA's and HeB's are you having them every day?? Maybe your not eating enough syns?

Hi MrsV .. thanks for your help with this.
For breakfast I have an Alpen light bar. At weekend I get up too late to have breakfast.
HeA's and HeB's I've noted down. Usually Alpen bars, ryvita minis, ryvita, cheese or cheese spread.
And syns I'm having usually around 10 a day sometime more.

... really not sure what else I can do?!

You've used 9 out of 14 HEX Bs on Alpen Light bars. This might be part of the problem. Try varying your HEX B's and have at least 7 different ones. Also seems like your lunches Mon-Fri are pretty meagre when you're just having fruit and yogurt - try adding some more bulk to it.

Hi

What a pain for you as your food diary looks ok to me. Is there any more Super Speed foods you like - most berries are SS.

When I asked recently on here what the 'star' week was someone explained it as the week before or during TTOTM where you are more likely to gain or stay the same... maybe this is your star week and next week the weight loss will be noticed?

Chin up though... and don't let this knock you off track x

Thank you all for your feedback on this.

I agree StaceyUK, I do need more variation with my HEX B's. Slowly branching out with ryvita and wholemeal rolls but probably need to look at others things. Alpen lights bars are so convient for work.

RM07, oh could it be the week before? Yes I think its 8 days ish away.

I really appreciate everyones advise. For the amount of weight I have to lose I just assumed the first few months would be losses every week.

try not to have the same old b choices as they will slow the weight loss............try a different b choice each day...i know its tough when u have to eat and work.........why not try a green day and have rice for lunch...........variety is the key to weigh loss.....good luck

I thought the same with regards to losing each week... but I've had two small gains which really annoyed me as it means my weight loss is slow going!

What do you do for work? I found the Alpen Light bars to be quite expensive so now I have Scotts Porrage in the morning. Each sachet is 30g which is on the list for HeXB's and I find it more filling than two cereal bars.

For lunches at work I have either:

Jacket potato with heaps of baked beans

Chicken sandwiches made with 3 slices of Weight Watchers Malt Danish (HeXB) letuce, cucumber and onion

Uncle Bens Express Mushroom Rice (2 Syns) with chicken

Boiled rice with sweetcorn, mushrooms and peas. You can throw some soy sauce on there if you don't like plain rice (I'm not a sauce person when it comes to rice and pasta)

Pasta with mushrooms and sweetcorn.... you could make a simple tomato based sauce to go with this

I agree with the others Hun...try varying what you are having each day, especially with the H Extras as your body gets used to them.

Thanks again everyone! Really helpful feedback! :) Feeling a bit more positive about it now.

RM07, I have a very dull 9-5 desk job! I'm not really a breakfast person and I don't actually feel hungry at work so Alpen Light bars, yoghurt and fruit gets me through the day. Plus as I'm usually running late in the morning its easy to grab on the way out.

I'm thinking maybe a bit more thought is needed regarding lunchtimes and we do have a mircowave so will have to get my thinking cap on.

One other thing I thought about is I have set days ie.
Monday green, Tuesday red, Wednesday green, Thursday red, Friday green, Saturday red, Sunday red. Would varying this help?

MASSIVE big thank you to you all :)

Hi, I would definately "shake up" your variety of food and your days. It shouldn't matter what colour days you have but your body does get used to certain things and variety keeps it on it's toes, so to speak!

I was always told that if you sts a few weeks then change what you eat. I tend to vary my meals, I have porridge for a couple of days, then toast, then fruit and yoghurt for example. Lunch is always different, usually left overs or something out of the freezer and sometimes a salad. It keeps your body guessing.

You have plenty of fruit but perhaps you could try having a bit more veg too.

I know it takes planning and it can be a pain, but make time the evening before to sort out your lunch and breakky for the next day and it will pay dividends, it really will!

Stick with it, you have lost 12lb so it does work and if it is star week then it will show next week!

Good luck. xx

Hello,
Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the feedback. I stuck to 10 syns a day and varied my HEX B's as much as possible and lost 5lbs!! :)
THANK YOU :)

I thought 4 ryvita was a HexB? That's what I've been having!!

Just adding to the rest - try varying your Hexes more. And please, no matter how much you don't feel like it, eat breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. You've just gone on average eight hours without eating and now you're asking your body to wait even longer. Anything it gets it's going to think: "Keeping this." A good breakfast will stimulate your metabolism and give you the energy boost you need to start the day. Follow that with fruit and yoghurt (proteins? carbs?) for lunch and your body must surely be crying out for food it can keep for its energy stores (as ever, I'm happy to be corrected!). As it is, your biggest meal is at the end of the day, when you are naturally lethargic and aren't going to work any of it off.

Also, most muesli bars are high in sugars and a lot of processed food is also high in salt (quorn is a big one. Nothing wrong with eating it, but bear that in mind). I read somewhere - think it was this board, actually - that too high salt levels in a diet can affect weight loss too.

Make sure you drink lots of water, vary your diet to keep your metabolism on the watchout, and try to get active. Even if it's just taking the stairs instead of a lift or getting off the bus one stop earlier. Every little bit helps.

Good luck!

Back