Need Dinner Ideas & portion Sizes Please?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Petal01, 17 December 2008 Social URL.

1. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Help im stuck! Im off to supermarket soon and need some ideas, last time i did WW i mainly bought the light choices meals from Tesco but i dont really want to go down that road, ideally i want to start cooking from scratch, but how do you know how much chicken to have ie would it just be a normal chicken breast? Half of it? And red meat how do i work it out please?

Ps how much potatoes am i allowed? Mabye i should just stick to ready meals!

Last edited: 17 December 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    potato is 1pt per 100g, and then you add points if you use any fat / oil to cook it with - i usually stick to jacket potatos - you can get packs of 4 baking potatos for about a pound or so and they usually work out around 2-3pts per potato.

meat wise, chicken, turkey and quorn are much lower in points than beef etc.. if i remember correctly a 6oz beef sirloin (170g..ish) is around 5.5pts, but a medium chicken breast is only 2.5, and half a pack of quorn mince is 3, whereas a quarter of a pack of extra lean mince is probably more than that!

Petal01 likes this.
  4. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Thanks for that! I Have some chicken breasts in fridge ill have that and some potato and loads of veg for dinner tomorrow.

Are fried eggs higher in points than say a boiled egg?

Also has anyone a really good recepie for the no point soup? I made some earler on but it dosn't taste that nice to be honest.

5. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    if you fry your egg in fry light then no, but if you use oil you need to count the points for your oil.

boiled egg, scrambled egg / omelette (made with water, no milk or butter) poached egg are all 1.5 per egg

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.