• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Need Dinner Ideas & portion Sizes Please?

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Help im stuck! Im off to supermarket soon and need some ideas, last time i did WW i mainly bought the light choices meals from Tesco but i dont really want to go down that road, ideally i want to start cooking from scratch, but how do you know how much chicken to have ie would it just be a normal chicken breast? Half of it? And red meat how do i work it out please?

Ps how much potatoes am i allowed? Mabye i should just stick to ready meals!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
potato is 1pt per 100g, and then you add points if you use any fat / oil to cook it with - i usually stick to jacket potatos - you can get packs of 4 baking potatos for about a pound or so and they usually work out around 2-3pts per potato.

meat wise, chicken, turkey and quorn are much lower in points than beef etc.. if i remember correctly a 6oz beef sirloin (170g..ish) is around 5.5pts, but a medium chicken breast is only 2.5, and half a pack of quorn mince is 3, whereas a quarter of a pack of extra lean mince is probably more than that!

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Thanks for that! I Have some chicken breasts in fridge ill have that and some potato and loads of veg for dinner tomorrow.

Are fried eggs higher in points than say a boiled egg?

Also has anyone a really good recepie for the no point soup? I made some earler on but it dosn't taste that nice to be honest.

if you fry your egg in fry light then no, but if you use oil you need to count the points for your oil.

boiled egg, scrambled egg / omelette (made with water, no milk or butter) poached egg are all 1.5 per egg