NEED SOME ADVICE....Didnt cheat but only lost a pound in the second week.........????

donnaandjack

I was 9 and a half stone (i'm 5 foot 2)lost 7 pounds in week one and got weighed for the second week and had only lost a pound!!!!!! The only explanation my councellor could give me was not drinking enough water- which is very true but for both weeks i didnt drink as much water as i should have- only because i find it such a chore, its quite a lot to consume and i hate going for a wee every 2 seconds!!! I'm hoping someone will tell me that i will lose more than a pound a week as everyoone i can see on these forums are losing it quite quick. I am now drinking about 3 litres a day compared to the nearly nothing i was drinking- but just figured id have still lost more as the first week i still lost 7 pounds.......... and advice or someone who can tell me it will get better as im feeling a tad disheartened!! :wave_cry:

I'm sorry to hear you didn't lose much. How much water are you drinking? I've just seen you only have to lose 14lb, so you won't lose weight as fast as someone like me who has 130lb to lose. Just keep at it, and you'll shift the weight :)

My water tip - if it helps - is that I like sparkling water better than still and Asda's own brand 2L water is only 15p. So I buy 7 for the week and just keep it beside my desk and try to have it drunk by tea-time. Sounds gross - but just imagine that fat being flushed out with every sip!

Well you are only a stone off your target weight and also you aren't that over in the overweight category are you? As you approach healthy weight your body automatically loses less...those with more weight to lose seem to lose more and faster if you see what I mean.

Are you allowed to SS with so little to lose? What is your BMI? xxx

Hi, are you on SS or SS+ or 810cals? I'm asking beacuse you are the same height as me and i know that 9 and a half stone should give you a healthy BMI of around 25, so you should really be on a higher plan. I am on SS but i intend to move up to SS+ and then 810cals as soon as i reach 9 and half stones.

That could be the reason why you have lost 1 lb this week. Also, you must be very close to your goal weight at 9 stones (you said you lost 7lbs in week 1) and at this point, it can take alittle longer to lose the last bit of weight.

Please make sure you are not doing SS at your weight because it is very dangerous to your body as it can go into starvation mode and hold on to everything you consume as fat or even start to burn muscle. You may also start to feel hungry.

I think you had a large weight loss in week 1 because you used up your glycogen stores after which if you had more weight to lose you could have lost more and averaged about 3-4lbs a week.

When i do CD, i always tend to lose 5 lbs for week 1 and then 2lbs on week 2. I used to get dissapointed at my 2lbs loss, but i now know that its just how my body works. But after that my weightloss averages about 3lbs a week and i have started CD at 11st 10lbs.

I hope all that has made sense. Please check with your CDC about doing SS at your height (if that is the plan you are doing).

xx

Yeah iv started drinking about 3 litres a day so hope that helps- i dont know if im too conviced about the whole 'the more you drink you shrink' is this really true....oh and i wish i had an asda's near me 15p geezz thats good! Just hoping im not going to just stop losing the pounds now, my concellor also said not to excercise but im thinking if i dont then i might not be able to shift this last stone.....arghhh..i know our bodies are all different but im really trying and today i am reallly missing my food!!!!!

i have no idea what my bmi is to be honest i know that the minimum i am allowed to get to without being underweight is 7 and a half stone but i just want to get to a healthy 8 i have eaten so much cr*p since i have had my son and have a huge gut that goes with it........... =(

I forgot to mention, if you have trouble drinking the water, try drinking 500mls (1 pint) every hour or 2. I feel this makes it easier to get through the water. Also try making your shakes up with more water as that counts towards your water intake. Having said that, i think you should be aiming for the minimum of about 4 pints of water a day at your height because 3 litres might be too much.

xx

Great stuff. Glad to know that other people can lose like 2 pounds in the second week but at least there after it still comes off, i dont mind losing a little every week but as long as it keeps coming off and doesnt go to a standstill if you know what i mean, so im hoping there will be a change on friday when i get weighed for my third week on sole source!!

i have no idea what my bmi is to be honest i know that the minimum i am allowed to get to without being underweight is 7 and a half stone but i just want to get to a healthy 8 i have eaten so much cr*p since i have had my son and have a huge gut that goes with it........... =(

7 and a half stones is the very low end of the BMI scale and i personally dont think its something to aim for. I am your height and i am aiming for 8 stones or even 8 and a half stones. I think this would be much easier to maintain than 7 and a half stone.

To find you BMI, try this site: Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

I am surprised your CDC hasnt spoken to you about BMI, it should be the first thing you discuss. A BMI of 25 is healthy and on CD you are usually required to stop SS and start moving up the plans when you get to BMI 25 + 1 stone.

Can i ask if you are asian (chinese etc)? I know a healthy BMI for asian people at 5 foot 2 is much lower than 25 so i could understand is you were SSing if you were asian.

xx

Great stuff. Glad to know that other people can lose like 2 pounds in the second week but at least there after it still comes off, i dont mind losing a little every week but as long as it keeps coming off and doesnt go to a standstill if you know what i mean, so im hoping there will be a change on friday when i get weighed for my third week on sole source!!

I think you should speak to your CDC about if you should be doing SS at your weight. Maybe you will get better results doing 810cals. xx

Well im like one pound off of 9 stone so we both want to get to the saame sort of weight. I just did my little scale thing at the ticker factory so hoping it will come up on this post along with my bmi...........lol bit of a technophobe me!

Oh im white and it says my bmi is 24.3 no idea what that means tho!

Hey hun it means you are within the healthy range for your height and most importantly that you shouldn't be doing CD SS, you should speak to your counsellor and move up the plans.

xxx

Porgeous is right. According to your BMI you are in the healthy range and you should not be doing CD SS. You should definatley speak to your CDC about this because like i mentioned it is dangerous for your body.

You also have to consider that once you hit goal weight, you will be working up the plans and that will also result in a weight loss. It might be best to speak to your CDC and discuss your goals and if they are healthy and maintainable, you dont want to be on a diet all your life (i have learnt that the hard way by previously always aiming for a low goal weight) xx

I'm quite adamant that i want to get to 8 stone as before i had my son i was always at 7 and a half but since then i have eaten complete rubbish and went up 2 stone so i need to get there some how dont care if it takes a while but this diet seems to have worked for a lot of people i.e porgeous u look great so gotta stick at this!!! Hope the water intake does help....................??? xx

has anyone got any idea how long it will take for me to shift this stone?? Weeks....... months...........years???!!!

Back