Need to be 40 and fab - Not fat!! Can it be done?

Dizzi-G

I'm 40 in Feb 2012, which gives me a year and 2 months to sort myself out!

I have 4 stone to lose but am a slow loser (a lb here, a lb there, the odd 2lb, the odd gain, the odd maintain etc etc).

Do you reckon it can be done if I start now??

Anyone else trying to lose weight for a big occasion? If I reach my goal weight before my birthday I'll have a big birthday bash and wear something spectacular!

Jo x

Last edited:
Hi Jo :D I started SW for the same reason! I'll be 40 in july 2012 and decided enough is enough and its time to shift this weight!! I've lost just over a stone already, i'm sure we can do it in time!

Dizzi - ive been doing SW for just over a year now and ive lost just over 50lbs - i lose in spurts!!! (and gain too - and maintain!) so what i am saying is that i am proof you can do it!!!

Best of Luck - you can do it!!!

xxx

I'm another soon to be 40 (Aug 2011) and am hoping to be fab too! You can definitely do it in the time you have available, good luck x

I've got till Sept 2012 for my thirty eleventh birthday. I too had that panick of not wanting to be fat and 40 and need to loose 4 stone. As long as we stick with and don't give up, we should have time to look fabulous at our parties.

Absolutely you can do it!!!

I'm the same..slow loser, I'm 30 in March next year and my aim is to be at target by then. Good luck :D x

im not 40 till 2014 but i want to be fab and 40 to i'm sure you can do it

Absolutely you can do it ! I was going to but didn't get off the starting blocks until I was well on the way to 41, so now I'm going to be fab and 42 just in time for next Christmas when my lovely brother is flying us out to Thailand.

of course you can - and will - hope the determination lasts.

I was determined not to be 40 and fat - and I was a lot slimmer than I am now - trouble with me is that I lose 2 stone + and then stop going to class, can't do it alone and put that two stone back on.

I am 55 in January - that kinda snook up and bit me bum really - don't feel 55 until I look in the mirror and don't recognise the person looking back -but that is beside the point - I DON'T want to be 55 and fat - I've resigned myself to not being young anymore, I've now lost 2 stones and finally feel comfortable in my own skin.

Would dearly love to lose another stone - but it's not so urgent now.

More than ANYTHING else I need to keep the weight off - so wishing you loadsaluck getting to 40 and fab - and staying slim for life.

All the very very best.

Thanks ever so much everyone!!

There's quite a few of us with 'big' birthdays coming up then ... that's good ..... although we should really all be determined to be fab whatever our age - and I really think that SW can help me/us get there!!

Just need to decide on a class and join up next week! Eeeeek!!

Thanks again for your replies, much appreciated xx

Back