need to get back on the exante train

keelyjrs

Hi everyone
i am in a bad place with my weight and need to shift 5 stone. i previously lost weight on exante so i've ordered some more which is coming today.
i really need support as i'm scared of failing again. i start off well, but i start to lose motivation and willpower and then the diet starts slipping away and the emotional and comfort eating sneaks in again.
I am going on holiday in June and I really want to lose a stone by then which going by my past efforts on exante is definately acheivable.
Any one who wants to share my journey and for mutual support give me a holler!

Hi, I can totally see where your coming from!! I keep starting then failing, I have all the shakes sitting at home looking at me, but can't seem to find the willpower!!
I'm at my biggest I've ever been at the moment and so unhappy, I've promised myself to start tomorrow no messing about, I do have to do this time I can already feel that heat is going to be horrible this summer and i can't be dealing with it!!
If you would like to support each other then that would be good I'm also looking to shift around five stone so we could give each other support. Xx

mutual support

Hi Mummyb
I'd definitely like to share support. you sound like you feel pretty desperate too, come on we can really do it!!
I started Exante today, had vanilla shakes split in 2 with coffee so it makes a kind of latte, a chocolate shake and chocolate orange bar split into 3 so I can nibble and feel like I'm having a biscuit or cake with my cuppa tea! I have half a vanilla shake left which I'll mix into coffee this evening.
I hate drinking lots of water so I've filled up a 500 mls bottle and kept track of what I've had that way. so far only 4 but thats more than i would normally have. I guess I could squeeze another bottle in this evening.... mind you I havent stopped peeing this afternoon lol

so come on mummyb lets do this, 5 stones off and we will breathe easier, less aches n pains and look like yummy mummies!

other people feel free to jump in and say hi, all the more support, the better

Sounds good to me, Im all ready to start tomorrow, got a busy weekend planned with my children so think that will help me, I have too do it this time, I've got so many clothes I need to fit into its silly!!
I like the idea of splitting the packets, think that might help me get through the first few days :)
I will let you know how my first day goes.
Well done on starting day one, wSys nice to get day one over and do e with, now its the hard part, continuing with it!!
Take care and talk tomorrow. X

morning!
well I stuck to it 100% yesterday so I'm feeling proud of myself for starting right. Just need to maintain the willpower now. This morning I have had half vanilla shake with coffee and feeling quite full, so i'll have the other half mid morning. I think splitting the sachets is a definite for me to keep those hunger pains away and feel like i'mnot going without. I want to try and save the bars til the evening if i can as that's when i tend to pick at biscuits and stuff.

so let me know how your day 1 goes, my little boy is autistic so he should keep me busy too!
Good luck and stay strong xxx

Hiya, well I couldnt resist stepoing on the scales lol My weight is now 16stones4 3/4 so thats a loss of 3lb since friday. Hope it keeps coming off, weigh in officially on friday

Well done on losing 3lbs already!! Are you finding day 4 ok?

I'm a daily weigher too, it's too hard not to lol! It's a good boost to keep you going but just make sure you don't let yourself be disheartened if they don't budge for a few days x

hi chelly iv had 2 shakes as I've been up since 6am but I'm nice and full now. Not getting the rumbly tummy today so I wonder if I've reached ketosis, I'm not cold but I was freezing last night. Hubby says I'm not exactly minty fresh in the breath department so could be. How ru hun?

That def sounds like your getting there!! Nothing worse though than being told you breath is bad by you hubby lol... My fiancé wouldn't kiss me last week until I was back and could brush my teeth haha!!

I've also been up since 6 =( I'm skiving on here in work to bide my time til 1 for my shake lol! Mondays are never productive anyway.... Lol

pmsl, hubbies eh?! I'm having a 'its monday so therefore i'm doing f--- all day' lol I hate mondays!
I got really cold earlier so just had a nice hot bubble bath, partly to get warm and relax and partly to waste a bit of time between shakes lol how bad is that??!

Definitely sounds like you're in ketosis. I used Listerine breath strips and breath spray the first few weeks. I dont have that smelly breath problem anymore though and I haven't felt cold like I did at the beginning for ages, I guess your body gets used to being in that state.

thanks jae, can we use sugar free chewing gum do you know? I'll have to look into that. you have done really well!!

No chewing gum isnt allowed, it can take some people out of ketosis. I did buy some aspartame free gum just in case I needed it but the breath strips and the spray were enough for me.

ok thanks for the info, no gum! I'll get some spray and strips too

Yeah I definately need to get some of them breath strips lol! I'm getting sooo paranoid talking to people in work lol!!

lol me too!
So day 5 had a strawberry shake in 2 halves and now having half a vanilla with coffee. Still havent cheated apart from the eggs which were ketosis friendly anyway, I'm actually quite proud of myself! Dr pepper zero is giving me a break from water too which makes it easier to get in the fluid quota

I've had a few coke zeros over the 2 weeks but it still feels like I've cheated!! Lol

Got that bouillon yesterday and it's lovely!!!!

what is this boullion? I see people talking about it all the time, is it like a bovril type thing?

Yeah it's like a vegetable version!! I was delicious, really salty so you'd have to
Like Salt!! Lol!

Off the to dentist now with my stinky breath... So have cheated and had a piece of gum for his sake haha

what is this boullion? I see people talking about it all the time, is it like a bovril type thing?

Keely, this is the boullion

51SnHkf4RVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You can get it non-organic and also normal (not reduced salt), any of those is fine, but I like the reduced salt, even that I find quite salty.

Back