Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

I'm dying for 10am to get here - the Uni of Leicester is announcing whether the skeleton found under a car park is that of King Richard III. I'm stupidly excited about it! I'm certain it is him - I'm such a history/archaeology geek!

Haha it was him :)

I'm dying for 10am to get here - the Uni of Leicester is announcing whether the skeleton found under a car park is that of King Richard III. I'm stupidly excited about it! I'm certain it is him - I'm such a history/archaeology geek!
Hi Nefetari, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, I only just registered but have been reading all your posts about your fantastic weight loss on the VLCD, namely Slim & Save. I started last Monday and up to Friday had lost 8lbs but then had a badish weekend - eeeeek! So, straight back on it today. I lost 5 stones in 5 months on LighterLife in 2006 but it gradually piled on again, especially last year! 2012 was a horrendous year for me, I lost my Mother and my self-employed hubby had no work and I comfort eated my way through it all! So, here we are in 2013 and I AM DETERMINED TO GET THIS FLAB OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL !! I know it's really stupid of me, but I was scared to jump on the scales this morning.....ridiculous eh? But, I actually feel thinner today, jeans are looser so I am going to be brave and weigh myself in the morning! Reading your posts and how well you are doing has really motivated me.....I LOATHE being so fat, LOATHE not being able to wear the clothes that I want to wear and LOATHE what all this flab is doing to my health! At 55, I HAVE to get rid of it. Up to now, I have been really healthy and seem to have 'got away with it'....but it won't last....it can't! So this is the year for me and the year I will lose this flab and get healthy and slim !!! ........ P.S.....I too am a history geek!! Do you watch 'Cold Case History' on tv? Brilliant - sooooo interesting! Possibly finding the skeletonon King Richard III under a car park is going to be facinating viewing tonight!!

Hi Nefetari, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, I only just registered but have been reading all your posts about your fantastic weight loss on the VLCD, namely Slim & Save.

Of course I don't mind - the more the merrier (especially another history geek!)! It's nice to know that people are reading, and if I can inspire someone, that's a huge bonus. I've never watched that programme but I really should!

I get scared to get on the scales sometimes - I don't want to be disappointed! It's not silly at all. I'm sure we all have those moments!

The best thing to do is just get right back on it if you have a bad day/weekend/week/month!!! I always think if I had just carried straight on again, I'd be at goal by now!

We can all do this - we just have to keep plodding on :)

Feel free to keep posting on here - I often just talk to myself if Caz and night-owl aren't about! Xx

Whaddya mean, we're always on.......we wouldn't leave you talking to yourself like a nut now would we? Hello Jan2Fat or should that not be (from)Fat-to-Jan? I too have lost it (with Cambridge) and put it back on again when I packed up smoking so I can remember well how good it was to be slim and so want to be able to get back into my clothes as I got rid of all my bigger sizes but it is harder second time round, especially without the cigs!

Funny I was reading about Richard III just before I came on here. It is amazing. What really gets me is that they took the DNA from someone who can trace her family tree back to him and that's what proved it. Also amazing that he got so deeply buried over the years and had a car park built on top!

I love all that lineage stuff - I started tracing my family tree and got back to the 1800s but haven't had time to carry on.

Don't talk about remembering what it was like to be slim - I'm so disgusted that I've gained back the 7st I lost on Cambridge. Disgusting! I felt so great - why the hell did I let it go back on?!

I keep seeing photos of people's swede chips - I'm dying to try them! I'm so scared of putting anything other than the packs in my mouth though in case it affects my losses (when you have as much to lose as me, you don't want anything to slow down!) - I remember when I did Exante before and I had a tin of tuna every day - I lost more than I did on Cambridge doing that and it was more calories! Perhaps I'll try having the protein and veg meal at weekends (I've been feeling exhausted at work) and then sticking to packs during the week. That way, I can enjoy a treat but still remain in control (or feeling like I'm in control) during the week. Plus, I weigh on Sat mornings, so if the meal does affect my losses, I have 5 days to pick it up again before WI. I think I might start off with chicken/salmon and lettuce and cucumber - keep it simple! Only 4 days worth of Exante shakes left - if I have two a day, they'll be finished on Friday. Hoorah!

F - are you still with us? I don't like it when you go quiet! Xx

Day..........19 today (lost track then!) - no change really. Still feel the same. Scales say 1lb off so far so I'm going to crack on with the water and stay off them until WI. I'm not surprised as yesterday I didn't drink any water until I got home at 5.30 and then it was only 750ml. Such a busy day! I did have some Coke Zero but I'm guessing I might be retaining water. So, today it's on with 2l plus my shakes.

Only 3 days of Exante left! Can't wait to be rid of them!

Having a day at home today as my lecture was cancelled - I have lots of coursework to be planning and making a start on so I can keep myself busy. Got lots of diet-type programmes to catch up on too.

I saw your loss, Caroline! Well done! I know you are disappointed though - why not try just having the protein meal on weekends and stick to 4 packs during the week? Xx

Last edited:
Hi! Sounds like you're doing well, try not to peek at the scales, they can get you down! Leaves it as a nice surprise for WI then too. Though I say that but I certainly don't practice what I preach haha

I'm totally ok with the loss now. I've lost 21lbs in 5 weeks, really can't complain! Anyway, I'm having gorgeous protein meals that I love, I enjoy the shakes and I don't feel like I'm missing out. So I'll lose what I lose and get there when I get there and stop setting myself such ridiculous expectations!

Hi, I'm still here. Just been on S&S. Thinking of ordering a month's worth as my CD supplies are very low and my CDC is 4 hours' drive away. She would post them if I ring her but I quite fancy the S&S praline bars now -- even more perhaps than my beloved Malt Toffee bar. I will go back to CD though, for the porridge, which I have really been enjoying for dinner these cold nights.

Yes, tandoori chicken is a dry dish -- no sauce. It's sort of red coloured chicken, not hot or spicey, just baked in a tandoori oven. Have you ever tried it? It comes with lettuce, cucumber and tomato. As I said, I lost most my weight before on SS Plus. I am convinced protein and a bit of lettuce does not effect losses. Had a bit of haddock this evening.

Saw the biggest owl ever sitting on the railings by the river in Inverness last night when we came out of the Indian. Huge. And not the least bit bothered with us walking by. Twittering away to itself. Think it was an eagle owl. It really was bigger than an adult cat.

Love your diet chart! Think you should go into business and sell them online lol!

I just want the weight off as quick as possible so adding food makes me nervous! Maybe I'll try just having a couple of boiled eggs or some tuna each day and see how it goes.

I haven't done my order yet, F - will be doing it on 14th. Will not be ordering the food packs as I'm really not that keen. Probably going for mostly chocolate shakes with a few different ones to mix it up a bit and a selection of bars. I'm really not fussed about having three shakes and a bar as I like shakes. I like to keep it simple. Would be happy to have all chocolate shakes and bars to be honest!

I have a meeting with my tutor today about starting my PhD application :eek: I can't believe it's come round already - deadline for the funding is 2nd April! Scary!

I'm a bit more adventerous an eater than you I think (well, let's face it, most people are lol!) but I sort of know what you mean. I too have tended to stick to tried and tested firm favourites when dieting. It's funny, on a empty stomach I see to be even more sensitive to smell and the smell of some packs, especially in the morning like the s&S oatmeal can really make me feel ill. But I've ordered about 7 spag bols as I find them fairly innoculous, and about 5 mac cheese as they're OK, as well as trying 2 cottage pie (tried it once and it was Ok but I feel I should like it) to try and get some variety. I've order mainly choc shakes, but two caramel, toffee and raspberry. I think I am going to mix half the caramel and toffee with half chocolate for a change. Really love the Milk choc praline bar best, and the milk choc trufeta is pretty inoffensive too. Ordered one lemon and white choc bar to try, which I think sounds vile but it seems to be so popular with others so thought I would at least try one.

Back