Nelly's on a mission

:wavey: oh hello layla

Why dont you do your shop online honey?

Hello Layla :wavey:

She's chuffed you've said hello!

Vicky, I used to do it online and then stopped (can't remember why). I just haven't got myself in a routine to plan ahead that far again. I will have to though as I'm still v.sore.

I did some mayo with curry powder in and chucked some cooked chicken in, had it with salad and it was YUM! Need some salad dressing ideas though, not bored of salad but need more flavours.

i tend to just have curry/chilli mayo more than anything. you could make your own dressings?

POPPY SEED DRESSING
1/3 cup oil
5 tablespoons granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon orange extract *
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
Pinch celery seed
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Whisk together everything but the mayonnaise. Add the mayonnaise and whisk until smooth and creamy.

Makes about 1 cup or 16 servings

* You may want to omit the orange extract if you're going to be using it in salads without fruit, but the flavor is subtle.

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 94 Calories; 10g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 92 Calories; 10g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

NANCY'S CREAMY RUSSIAN DRESSING
1/4 cup low carb ketchup
2 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
3/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Pinch celery seed
4 drops Tabasco
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise

In a small bowl, whisk everything except the oil and mayonnaise until well blended. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking until the mixture emulsifies. Whisk in the mayonnaise until smooth.

Makes about 12 tablespoons

With granular Splenda:
Per Tablespoon: 78 Calories; 8g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Per 2 Tablespoons: 155 Calories; 16g Fat; trace Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Tablespoon: 76 Calories; 8g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Per 2 Tablespoons: 152 Calories; 16g Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs

RANCH-STYLE SALAD DRESSING
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sour cream
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 drops Tabasco
1/8 teaspoon granular Splenda
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon chives
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced

Mix all of the ingredients and chill well before serving.

Makes about 7 tablespoons

Per Tablespoon: 76 Calories; 8g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Per 2 Tablespoons: 178 Calories; 19g Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs

RANCH-STYLE SALAD DRESSING MIX
1 tablespoon buttermilk powder
1 packet True Lemon *
1/2 teaspoon granular Splenda
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dill
1 teaspoon freeze-dried chives
Pinch cayenne

Mix well and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (see my comments below). This makes about 7 teaspoons dry mix. To prepare the dressing, whisk the mix into:

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water

Chill a couple hours to allow the flavors to develop and for the dressing to thicken. Add 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, if desired.

Makes about 2 cups dressing

* The equivalent of 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar. If you can't get True Lemon, just add 1 1/2 teaspoons real lemon juice or white vinegar when you add the wet ingredients.

NOTE: 1 packet of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix has 16 net carbs.

Per Batch Dry Mix: 42 Calories; trace Fat; 2g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8g Net Carbs
Per Batch Prepared Dressing: 1948 Calories; 209g Fat; 8g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 18g Net Carbs
Per 1 Tablespoon Dressing: 61 Calories; 7g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carb
Per 2 Tablespoons Dressing: 122 Calories; 13g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

I don't care for my ranch dressing made with all mayonnaise so I use part sour cream for a fresher, less stodgy, flavor. You could omit the sour cream and use 1/4 cup more heavy cream instead. You could also make a dip by adding the mix to 2 cups of sour cream. I recommend storing the dry mix in the refrigerator because the manufacturer of the powdered buttermilk says to store the open can in the fridge.

RUSSIAN DRESSING
6 tablespoons Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup low carb ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Pinch celery seed

Put all of the ingredients in a jar or bowl and blend well with a stick blender. Keep refrigerated. You will need to stir it well before using.

Makes about 20 tablespoons

Per 2 Tablespoons: 104 Calories; 11g Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
Per 1/4 Cup: 208 Calories; 22g Fat; 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per Batch: 1042 Calories; 110g Fat; 3g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 16g Net Carbs

SMOKY THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sugar free sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons low carb ketchup
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke

Mix all ingredients well.

Makes 13 tablespoons

Per Tablespoon: 62 Calories; 7g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

THOUSAND ISLAND
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons low carb ketchup
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
Dash Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
4 teaspoons granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
Dash pepper

Mix all of the ingredients and chill to allow the flavors to blend.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups or 24 tablespoons

Per 2 Tablespoons: 169 Calories; 18g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

you should get yourself organised and online honey!

Hi Layla. xxx

Online shopping rocks. x

Just got to do this as I can't scream/cry in front of Layla.

Aaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................

I'm in agony. :(

Not asking for any sympathy, just needed to get it out. x

oh babe :( you get lots of sympathy. sending pain healing vibes your way xxx

Susie, can't take anymore for about an hour. I'm on Naproxen (anti-inflammatory stronger than Ibuprofen) and co-codomol. Until I've had my x-ray results and (hopefully) final diagnosis and referred back to the GP he can only prescribe me these. I have to wait another 3 weeks to see the Rheumy again. It's so frustrating. Unfortunately, they aren't strong enough to take the pain away and sometimes don't even take the edge off. I keep stretching and lying on my back to try to lengthen my spine to see if it helps and can only be on PC for a little while - which isn't a bad thing as PC's and laptops are so bad for the posture.

I'm on Naproxen (anti-inflammatory stronger than Ibuprofen)
ive had them you cant drink can you :( (see i have a one track mind!)

have you tried reiki?

Not much stops me from having a drink Vicky! I'm soooo terrible! I meep saying I need to stop as it might make my body a bit better, but it'll only last about 10 days! How bad am I? Plus, it's a good pain killer..............

Its the best unfortunately isnt it?
You arent supposed to drink with those naproxen hence i never took them!

I panicked when i read the side effects love.
have you asked the doc about morphine patches hon?

Not yet, but I'm writing a list of things to talk to him about next week. I'll take Ron with me as he's good at pushing things forward for me and won't let me forget anything. I don't read the side effects Vicky, off to Google...............

Morning!

God I feel like a right Moaning Myrtle.

But at 12.41 this morning I woke up feeling very odd and then had to run to bathroom as I wanted to be sick. I wasn't but then I started coughing really badly and it was really hurting my throat. Load of stuff in my mouth, spat it out - fresh red blood. Carried on coughing, lumpy green stuff came up. Couldn't stop coughing. Really, really hurt. Throat felt raw. Ron got me cough medicine and inhaler, neither or which worked. I had to just try to control my breathing and eventually it stopped.

Happy days.

Needless to say I'm off to the Dr's today (hopefully if he's not booked up).

Back