New addiction - garden peas - straight from the pod

fatstitcher

OMG - have in the past 7 days got through 3 bags of Fresh Peas in their pods - its a blast from the past eating them straight from the pods, used to pick n eat them straight from the plants in my grandfathers garden.

They are so sweet and very morish.

Had to go out to Tesco this morning to buy new supplies of peas - luckily they are on a BOGOF offer at the moment.

So still have 3 packs left in fridge, wonder how long they will last?

Ooh, these sound gorgeous! I love the soya beans from their pods (edamame) but haven't had the garden ones.... yum! will look for these in Tesco tonight! x

Watch out for the pumping that will ensue!!!

I love peas from the pod as well! DH's uncle has a vegetable garden and whenever we visit, I always steal a handful! Just don't forget that peas are only free on green and EE days and don't count towards your 1/3 superfree on EE!

That's the only way I can eat them, as I can't abide them cooked.

I was not allowed to shell peas at home when I was a child - I used to eat them all!

And I wasn't allowed to go down the garden to pick runner beans either - I used to forget to come back!!

Im jealous cos we have a yard not a garden :(

My 7 year old brother is growing about a million different vegetables at the moment and he's always eating peas from the pod. I always thought it seemed wrong, but I may have to try them!

Back