New and Improved Bee's Diary on SW

Ok, it's Monday and tonight will be weigh in, first weigh in in about three weeks. So I'm really hoping for a good result. Unfortunately, since Saturday, I've been full of cold and it's gone to my chest and the only way I can combat it is with tons of cough syrups and honey and that is all so high in sugars, I worry that I'm having tons of syns in cold remedies :(
On the other hand, I've not felt much like eating at all so I've stuck to lots of fresh fruit and yogurts. Wish me luck :)

Oh and also, going through some older clothes whilst unpacking in my new home I found a coat that I used to wear a lot and absolutely loved it. It's a size 16 so I thought I'd never fit into it again but I tried it on just to see and it fitted perfectly! So chuffed. Whoop! Another non scale victory :D

Good Morning, just checking in for a quick update on weigh in last night. I lost 5.5lb! I'm so pleased!! I know it's over three weeks but saying that in those three weeks I had a proper carb and cake loaded weekend, a bad period and lots of stress so I'm really happy. And I'm finally really noticing the difference in myself, in my body, how I feel and how I look.
I'm only 5.5lb away now from being in the 12 stone bracket and I cannot tell you how excited I am that it is within reach. I haven't been in the 12s for years, no idea what that looks like on the scales and I'm standing on them :D Seeing as we're only half way through September, I'm really hoping to lose another 3-4 lb by the end of the month so come early October, I'll be there. In the 12s!! Whoop!

Oooooh and I forgot to mention. I got my Club 10! I'm actually 4.5lb below my Club 10 now, yay! So only 2.5lb and I would have reached my next goal which is a 2 stone loss. It's making me so motivated, I can't tell you :D Having so much weight yet to lose, going beyond the 2 stone loss mark will be a huge psychological step because it feels so much more substantial. We all know that with hormones and all sorts of other factors weight can fluctuate by several lbs just within a day or two so I now feel like I'm actually believing that it's real weight I'm losing, not just a fluke because I'm not on my period or wearing lighter clothes. I know it sounds silly but I'm only now beginning to trust that this is happening. Weird huh. :)

Weighing in again tonight, have had a good week but actually haven't eaten much at all. Which seems strange for me, I tend to fill up on fruit and veg but having a bigger loss like last week almost makes me paranoid every time I eat something whether it will affect my weight loss straight away. It's taken a toll because I'm exhausted, really horrible to see what a firm grip an ED has on your mind.
But I just did a big asda order with lots of yummy seasonal fruit and will have as much of that as I please :)

Flipping excellent, well done you.

Weigh in again tonight, I'm a bit apprehensive. I'm so due on my totm and whilst I'm not too bad during, I get the most hideous cravings just before and over the last few days I have eaten quite a few biscuits and cupcakes :eek: So I would be quite pleased staying the same weight. Fingers crossed!

Ok I had such a busy week, I just didn't manage to update my weigh in from last week. I lost another 2lb!! So happy, it makes my total weight loss 30lb exactly since beginning of May. This week has been very busy and I have had the odd biscuit here and there as well as a meal out. With my totm still looming I do worry that I may have had a gain but I'm not going to weigh in tonight because I have an appointment. So hopefully by next week things will have evened out again.

You are doing so well. Congratulations.

Thanks Micci. I can't wait to be in the 12s finally. Haven't been there in a very long time. And a non scale victory for me as well - when I started again with trying to lose weight in April 2013 (on Exante at the time) I weighed 15st10lb and my favourite old belt I used to wear didn't fit me. And I mean the two ends didn't even meet around my waist. Now I'm wearing it and it's comfortable :) So thrilled about that. I should have taken measurements when I started but going by the belt I reckon I have lost about 5 inches off my waist.

Right....weigh in last night....3lb off. I'm now well and truly in the 12s at 12st12lb. I cannot put into words quite how chuffed I am. I have battled with a really bad period this week and hideous cravings and I have occasionally given in to them too. But I have never binged and I have taken up regular exercise, I do Pilates now more or less every day and it's made such a difference to my body strength and I have lost inches doing it, for sure.

Hope you're all managing alright out there, sorry I have not kept up with your diaries, it's been madly busy. But I'm plodding along and it's working people! Stick with it! :)

Dear diary, and all out there who may or may not be reading this :)

I have good news. It was weigh in last night and I'm now down to 12st8.5lb so another 3.5lb off. I'm on such a roll at the moment, I know it's not going to last because I find myself in constant peaks and troughs but I'm really pleased, won slimmer of the week too :)

But this week is going to be a major challenge and dare I say it potential for a gain, three meals out.

i find slimming world brilliant but over this last few weeks really struggling with losses

Hey Laura, sorry for not picking this up sooner, I haven't been on here as much as I used to and I should really.

Sorry to hear you're struggling with losses, looks like you have already lost quite a bit in a relatively short amount of time. And if you're on your final stretch of the last stone, that can be very challenging and hard to shift. What is it in particular you are finding difficult?

Good Morning, a quick update. Being uber-hormonal, I had a bad weekend. I thought my weight loss from last week would see me through this but it didn't and here I am feeling rather low. I ended up having a proper binge weekend inclusive of the sleepless nausea filled nights. Today I feel suitably wrecked and bleary eyed, no energy and so so grumpy. But what I find the very hardest is to cope with those feelings of guilt. I know what's done is done and I can put things right again. But there is something in my head, to do with how I view myself that makes me feel like I have undone every good thing and every success. I know in my head it's not true but I actually feel bigger today. I keep telling myself in my head "you're 12 stone something now, you've got there, you can get further than that" but my brain doesn't really seem to believe it still.
I haven't been terribly involved in anyone's diaries and for that i am very sorry, it has always helped me a lot keeping track of others. Things have been so manic in my life that I feel I have barely had time to think. Maybe that's part of the problem, maybe I need to try and make a bit more room for assisting others.

I'm trying to detox a little today by sticking with really fresh plain foods and lots and lots of water. Hopefully in a few days' time I'll be feeling my strong willed relatively confident self again.

Ok, update...what can I say, I totally blew it this past week and feel like I'm crawling in chastened and guilty. But I'm telling myself that I have been there before x amount of times and still managed to lose weight to reach the 12s. Although if I weighed right now I'm quite sure I wouldn't be in the 12s right now, I know that with clean eating and my moderate amount of exercise I've been doing I'll be back on track this time next week.
And my own personal 31 December challenge is still very much doable. In the past, I have so often set myself the most unrealistic goals and really suffered emotionally when inevitably life happened and I didn't reach them. Now I feel that last week was one of those bumps you hit in the road and yet my goal is still very much within reach because it took into account the possibility of not being perfect and being weak/human/hormonal. Ok, the one goal I didn't manage was to be 12st7lb by 31 October but saying that it was an ambitious goal that I set and the beauty of it is, although it would have been a massive achievement in my own little world, it doesn't actually matter too much because I'm still set on my end of year goal, I'm still on target. Quite a good feeling :)
So today I'm prepared with tons of fresh fruit and veg and gallons of water and already feeling a lot more refreshed from having a small simple SW breakfast and several pints of water. It's unbelievable what a difference it makes and how quickly it happens.
So wish me luck, I've been hit with a hideous totm at the moment so that doesn't help of course with the general well being. So I must push past that and not use it as an excuse to make myself momentarily feel better by eating something that minutes later I wish I hadn't.

good luck you can do it. xx

Thank you very much. Already feeling a lot better because I've got my emotions back under control. Done two sessions of Pilates during the day in work when it was quiet and will get cracking on some proper cardio and kettle bells tonight. Looking forward to that. :)

Weigh in tonight, slightly on edge about it, I know I have done some damage with my bad eating last week but have been back on track for the past few days. I wonder if I've managed to rein it in properly, fingers crossed.

Back