• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

New - and in need of some advice!

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
S: 18st7lb C: 15st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 33.9 Loss: 3st7lb(18.92%)
Hi all,
I've been on a calorie controlled diet for 5 weeks and have been working out 5 nights a week (walking, work out DVD's and gym!) I weight about 18st currently - i have already lost 7lbs but im really struggling. The weight doesn't seem to be coming off quick at all! Any advice would be great - seems like there is a fantastic community on here!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
maybe you are eating too few calories especially if your exercising alot your body can go in starvation mode? just a thought
welcome to minimins btw

IreneH

Gold Member
Are you writing down everything you are eating? And calculating the calories? And keeping a record of your activities? Are you getting enough nutrients and vitamins?

Irene xx

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
S: 18st7lb C: 15st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 33.9 Loss: 3st7lb(18.92%)
Hi both, that might be a good idea to start writing everything down, thats one thing i haven't been doing. I got weighed by my doctor on Friday and ive lost 4kg so far - its just not as quick as i would have liked!! Any tips for speeding things up a bit?

PandaGirl

ALMOST NORMAL!!!
S: 16st3lb C: 12st0lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 29.8 Loss: 4st3lb(25.99%)
Hiya.. Drinking plenty of water is important. especially since you working out a lot. And.. are you eating enough? filling up on fresh fruit and veg may help.
Also... losing weight slowly will help it stay off in the long term. I know how nice it would be to wake up and be at target but just remember.... 1lb a week is a 4 stone weight loss in a year. Keep it up.. you'll get there xx

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi becky and welcome to the board.