Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New - and in need of some advice!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Crazybecky5, 7 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Crazybecky5

Crazybecky5 Green tea advocate!!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Low Carb
    Hi all,
    I've been on a calorie controlled diet for 5 weeks and have been working out 5 nights a week (walking, work out DVD's and gym!) I weight about 18st currently - i have already lost 7lbs but im really struggling. The weight doesn't seem to be coming off quick at all! Any advice would be great - seems like there is a fantastic community on here!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peppa

peppa Pwincess

maybe you are eating too few calories especially if your exercising alot your body can go in starvation mode? just a thought
    welcome to minimins btw

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Are you writing down everything you are eating? And calculating the calories? And keeping a record of your activities? Are you getting enough nutrients and vitamins?

Irene xx

5. Crazybecky5

Crazybecky5 Green tea advocate!!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/Low Carb
    Hi both, that might be a good idea to start writing everything down, thats one thing i haven't been doing. I got weighed by my doctor on Friday and ive lost 4kg so far - its just not as quick as i would have liked!! Any tips for speeding things up a bit?

6. PandaGirl

PandaGirl ALMOST NORMAL!!!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(25.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world when i am being good. The sea food and eat it diet when i'm not being good!!!
    Hiya.. Drinking plenty of water is important. especially since you working out a lot. And.. are you eating enough? filling up on fresh fruit and veg may help.
    Also... losing weight slowly will help it stay off in the long term. I know how nice it would be to wake up and be at target but just remember.... 1lb a week is a 4 stone weight loss in a year. Keep it up.. you'll get there xx

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi becky and welcome to the board.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.