New - and in need of some advice!

Crazybecky5

Green tea advocate!!
Hi all,
I've been on a calorie controlled diet for 5 weeks and have been working out 5 nights a week (walking, work out DVD's and gym!) I weight about 18st currently - i have already lost 7lbs but im really struggling. The weight doesn't seem to be coming off quick at all! Any advice would be great - seems like there is a fantastic community on here!

maybe you are eating too few calories especially if your exercising alot your body can go in starvation mode? just a thought
welcome to minimins btw

Are you writing down everything you are eating? And calculating the calories? And keeping a record of your activities? Are you getting enough nutrients and vitamins?

Irene xx

Hi both, that might be a good idea to start writing everything down, thats one thing i haven't been doing. I got weighed by my doctor on Friday and ive lost 4kg so far - its just not as quick as i would have liked!! Any tips for speeding things up a bit?

Hiya.. Drinking plenty of water is important. especially since you working out a lot. And.. are you eating enough? filling up on fresh fruit and veg may help.
Also... losing weight slowly will help it stay off in the long term. I know how nice it would be to wake up and be at target but just remember.... 1lb a week is a 4 stone weight loss in a year. Keep it up.. you'll get there xx

Hi becky and welcome to the board.

Back