New Beginning... Magiclove's Diary

Hi Mags!
Just been catching up on your blog. You've done so well to stay on track, especially with everything going on in your life at the moment. I completely agree that losing weight comes second to the 'journey' you go through on Lighter Life.
Good luck for your meeting tonight, and hopefully your LL group improves! If not definitely move as your not getting what you're paying for.
Hope you feel better soon :)
xxxxx

I lost 5 pounds last week!!! I'm in shock! I convinced myself I haven't lost anything because I was ill, so I did not expect that at all! I'm over the moon! That's 2 stones in 5 weeks!

A good end to a difficult week :)

So my group meeting was much, much better this week. I had a chat with my LLC and made her aware of my concerns. She was mortified, bless her. I guess she focused on trying to make everyone happy and forgot about the individuals. We had a good session and I voiced my concerns to the group and everyone agreed with me that we need more counselling.
So we talked about priorities and making time for ourselves.
I was petrified to realise I never ever prioritise myself in any aspect of life and I'm determined to make a change!

Well done with the loss, mags. Im pleased to hear your class was better. Isnt it amazing how little time we spend looking after ourselves, its something i have been spending alot of time thinking about this week. Ive decided to take small steps to change. for example, i always used to like to take long hot baths, read and relax. I realised that i only spend 5 - 10 mins max - when did this happen I just dont settle. So next time I will spend 15 minutes ....watch this space. Everyday, I plan to ensure I spend 30 minutes on me and only me and that will be my time.
Just thought I would share my ideas. I dont know if they will inspire.
Nuttyx

That's a fabulous idea Nutty! (says it as she runs herself a hot bubble bath ;)

Hope you enjoyed your bath mags !! Nutty x

Yes I did! It was lovely! :)
In fact I'm going to have another one as soon as I get home.
Nothing new to report I'm afraid. Been really busy with work etc.
Other than that I'm fine. Just getting on with things. I've been feeling quite hungry lately which is odd. Not tempted to eat but just forgot how hunger feels like until a few days ago. I hope this will pass soon though.
How is everyone else doing?

Wow! What a weekend it's been!
I was off on Friday and after a long and hard consideration I decided to meet up with the man :)sigh:).
It was a very difficult conversation, a lot of tears were shed and a lot of tough words have been said. We seem to have come to a conclusion that we will give our relationship another go but by my request we will take things very slowly. I simply don't know for sure what I want to do with my life and where to take it from here so I just cannot commit to making any firm decisions. All I know for sure is that we love each other and only time will tell if that's enough...

I had to work on Saturday (of course) but after work I went to my best friend's house for a girly night in and a sleep-over. We are both going through a tough time at the moment (for different reasons though) so we both could do with some quality time together.
What I forgot to do though was to tell her that I'm doing LL again so bless her heart she prepared all this lovely food, lots of snacks etc and I couldn't eat any of it!
I felt so bad. I should have bloody told her! :(
Anyway, she luckily was completely fine about it and understood.
I stayed over and today I offered to cook a Polish roast dinner for her and another girfriend of ours who joined us this afternoon.
That was tough!
I have been struggling with hunger lately. Both physical and emotional. I have been battling with myself and trying to get my crooked thinking under control.
I haven't lapsed so far so whatever I've been telling myself must be working. :)
My concern at the moment is whether I'll be able to cope with temptations once I start eating normally again.
I think I have been strong partly because I know I can't eat at the moment. What will happen once I won't be able to say that to myself?
I guess this is something I need to try and figure out in due course.
Maybe it's a good question for my LLC for tomorrow night..

My concern at the moment is whether I'll be able to cope with temptations once I start eating normally again.
I think I have been strong partly because I know I can't eat at the moment. What will happen once I won't be able to say that to myself?
QUOTE]

Hi Mags,
That is exactly how I feel ..... its my biggest worry about LL in all honesty :( I suppose I am trusting that RTM will help me through.
Hope things work out for you with your fella
Take care of yourself
yoyo
xx

Please don't worry ladies.
When i arrived at our LL Maintainers group tonight the new ladies were still there.This is week 2 for them.
When my LLC introduced me and asked me to tell them how much I'd lost and that I've maintained so far for 2 years they were amazed.
I'm sure if do RTM and you really value all the hard work you are putting in now, you'll be able to maintain too.
There are some in our Maintainers who have kept their weight off for years now, so it is possible. You can do it too.
RTM seems to be the key.

Last edited:
Thanks for that ladies. I'll try not to worry about RTM just yet.
For now I'm going to need to figure out what the hell happened last week!
I just had my weigh in and I put on a pound!
To say I'm p***ed off is an understatement!
I completely don't get it! I didn't do anything different than in the past 5 weeks. I stuck to the program, I drank my water, did some exercise. I'm not due on or at least I shouldn't be.
So why a pound up?!!!
After such good losses each week this has let me down and upset me greatly!
I'm trying to stay positive and as my LLC said I lost a LOT of weight in a very short space of time but still I can't help to feel bitterly disappointed :(
Im going to carry on as normal and keep at it and I REALLY hope next week things will get back on track :(
On that note I'm off to bed feeling rather sorry for myself :(

Ah Mags huni, i really have no idea what to say but cwtches to you! Did your LLC even give you an idea what it might be other than losing it too fast? Thats so bizzare, keep positive huni! Its a pound and with the weight youve lost so far it makes up for it, im sure its just a blip and youll be back to your usual losses next week. Try spoil yourself and keep positive. xx

She said that my body is trying to protect itself by holding onto water but that doesn't make any sense. Not this early in the program. I mean it's not like my body is starving or anything. It still has over 3 stone of fat to lose easily! I really don't understand and I guess I never will. I am in ketosis, I can't be pregnant. There's no other logical explaination. I guess I just have to accept it and keep telling myself I'm not a machine and these things can happen.
I have to keep going. After all what's the alternative...

I had a tiny cry last night but I refuse to start feeling sorry for myself even with everything that's happened to me recently.
The situation with S (my OH) doesn't help either. I've been trying to get hold of him last night for some support but he wouldn't answer. Oh well. Guess as always I'm going to have to deal with it on my own.
Thank God for this forum and you lovely people. You give me so much hope. Thank you!

:patback:Mags, you have been so amazingly strong so far, and doing so well on the program despite everything you're going through, it's no wonder you needed to have a cry after your disappointment. It's really tough to take, especially since you're following it 100%. I think you've got it right when you say your body is not a machine. It's easy to forget that, and the unpredictability can be infuriating! Try not to dwell on it too much (easier said than done I expect) and focus on where you're aiming for... you WILL get there!

Thanks Hun. I'll get over it. Just need to stay strong and focused.
I read your thread and I'm so glad you're doing so well! It's amazing how life changing a simple diet (or not so simple) can be so lifechanging!

Oh Mags, how annoying for you :mad:
You know you're doing everything right though & have lost such a lot already. I know I'd be gutted too though so can imagine exactly how you feel.
Keep on going ...as you say "what's the alternative?" ..
Sending you a big hug :hug99:
yoyo
xx

Thank you darling! Over it now! I'm sure it was just a blip!
Hope you're ok hun.

Hi Mags,
Well done for accepting that it's just a blip, and moving on! You could let it get you down, but you have completely the right attitude! One week in the grand scheme of things won't make a huge difference, I bet you'll have a good loss next week :)
Your such a strong person, a real inspiration.
xxxxxx

Back