New Beginnings

Thanx Jo - will keep tht in mind!

Happy out this morning tho 1 and 1/2 lb down :) whoop whoop!!! Xx

oh my goodness what a day! i think i finally got it about the vegetables and being creative in the kitchen!!!! I havent been great on the old veg side of things but was getting nibbly for the taste of sthg green over the last day or two and thanx to reading lots of the posts on here I think I did a good shop and had my first ever proper PV day!!

B-turkey rasher and sausages (to not throw them out but not replace next week) and a grilled tomato!
L-half galette grilled chicken fillet with lettuce red onion tomato and gherkins (it was the nyummmiest lunch ever!!!!!!)
S-muller yog
D-chicken stirfry with onion peppers garlic mushrooms and a kinda curry-ish sauce - it wasnt the best but not the worst it will prob take a bit of practice to get it just right! and half a galette.
S - intending to have some sf jelly and nat yog before bed

I so enjoyed today... I cant believe I ate so much, that it tasted so good and kept it all within the guidelines (tho i did use olive oil for the chicken curry... but just a bit) It has given me so much more determination to carry on! I cant wait for my next PV day but know that I will be grand on my PP day in the meantime! onwards and downwards xxxxxx

Still awake and a lot of crappy thoughts going round my head :( :( nothing that makes me want to eat r anything... Just a lot of thoughts :(

Excellent to read you Smurfette... perhaps invest in an olive oil Fry Lite spray?

Thanx dd it's just one of them weekends/ weeks wishing I had a skyplus remote for life y'know.. It'll pass pg!

Jo- I have the frylight I just tend to find things burn a lot with it and I do hate burnt food

Anyway the good news I weighed myself this am and I am 11-5 whoop whoop it's moving!!! :D

Yesterdays menu:
B- 2 boiled eggs
Well I had a kinda picnic day in the bedroom... Curled up on bed with book and brought food up as needed..
L-grilled chicken on half galette
D-half a chicken
S- nat yog muller yog sf jelly

Today's menu
B-2 egg omelette with tomatoes
L-chicken on half galette with lettuce gherkin and tomato .. Forgot to bring red onion
S- crab sticks 6 nat yog sf jelly muller
D-chicken curry with onion tomato pepper and courgette with half galette and diet coke

Well chuffed with my courgette as never cooked with one before - and it's green whoop whoop... Onwards and downwards xxx

Smurfette - for the duration of the diet I've been frying a lot too, but recently rediscovered the art of the George Foreman Grill!
You can cook both meat and vegetables in it, and without oil and without burning, and in a fraction of the time of frying. I wish I had thought of using it 6 months ago! Worth considering :)

Thanx BE - I might see if I can get one at reasonable price! It's a really good idea... Can u do eggs on it? Mmm

You can't do eggs on the grill, but, if you're having trouble frying eggs without using much oil, you can get some really good egg-frying pans! You can even find them in the £1 shops ;)
The ones I've used are completely non-stick and only need a spray of oil. They're really good for cooking the galettes in, too!

Absolutely - I use my GF for meat, and good tefal pan with spray for other things. I poach fish in skimmed milk... it evaporates and turn sweet and sticky and I love that!

I love your courguette glee - I too like far more vegetables than ever before...

Thanx dd it's just one of them weekends/ weeks wishing I had a skyplus remote for life y'know.. It'll pass pg!

A Sky+ for life - brilliant idea! I really do wish they'd invent one! ;):D

Anyway, I hope things get better for you. At least it sounds as though your diet is on track, and fanastic that you're discovering a liking for veg! That should stand you in good stead for life after the diet, too. :)

The day started off good.... Had my day pretty much planned - and still weighing in at 11-5...

B-boiled egg
L- can of tuna x2
S-nat yog sf jelly ... Brought my crab sticks but a diff brand -- dunnes -- they were rotten yuck so didn't eat them..

Went to my friends after school to do some polercise .. had some coffee .. Her kid was having some fat free marshmallows ... And sob I had some :/
If only it was just the one but well one turned into about 7 :( and a shortcake biscuit!

I know it was because of being unprepared .. Normally I stop at home first and have a muller and or some sf jelly and missing out on the crabsticks didn't help :( but I did do about an hour and a half of pole - and am bracing myself for weighing 2m

D was chicken with a sauce made from paprika and some fromage fraud and some quark with a galette - it was ok. My sauces are a but lacking!
Thinking of having another pp day 2m to counteract my slip... Advice??????

Water! Drinks lots of water to try and flush it out and up the exercise tomorrow if you can.

The best advice I can think of is to just try not to let it happen again. This diet is so much all or nothing - you can't dip in and out of it, so you have to be committed. If you know you're going to be in a situation where you might be tempted to stray make sure you have something dukan friendly to hand, like a muffin or galette. I learned that on sunday when we were out shopping longer than I thought we'd be.

Some good advice I've seen Jo give a couple of times is if you're feeling tempted by sweet treats think about having some chicken or tuna - if you don't fancy that sort of food then you're not really hungry!

No point in castigating yourself over it. Just resolve for no more slips and better preparation!

Thanx for the tips Emma! Will be fluffing the water today an 2m and will def be more aware on these scenarios! I haven't made muffins as yet - will have to experiment before the week is out!

I adore the toffee muffins (check the recipe section of the forum & thanks DD!) and haven't made a galette since I discovered them! Kind of feel bad for galettes now, once my latest batch of muffins is gone I'll try and go back to them for a couple of days :)

thats funny i felt the same loved toffee muffins but felt id cheated on my galette

Gonna have pp day 2m I've decided and plenty a water and I am goin to try to make the muffins- I have just normal queen cake holders will they do for first attempt?? Thanx all xxx nitey nite xx

Whatever you use, it's definitely best for the moulds to be made out of silicone, otherwise it's difficult to remove the muffins after baking. You could even make one larger cake (obviously cooked for longer), rather than individual muffins.

Sorry, I don't know what a queen cake is.

I made my first batch with regular muffin cases in a muffin tin and they worked fine. They tend to stick a bit to the paper but it all peeled off! They do come out of silicone a bit easier though :)

Back