New Beginnings

Queen cakes...hmm..possibly an Irishism...
They are little cupcake things made from flour milk egg salt and possible other ingedients .. Sthg like a sponge texture? Mammies make them! Well at least mine did!

But I bought my silicone muffin case- these bad boys r going to be big :) only 6 holes in it.. Sadly in my search for it totally forgot the cocoa and most importantly EGGS! so I have to return... Snack required first tho!!!

We used to have fairy cakes, but they had the tops cut off, which were then cut in half and made into little wings that were stuck into the butter icing filling, along with a little dab of jam.

Our mammy was called mammy, too! Everyone else where we lived just had mams. Maybe because of our Irish connection? :) But we didn't have any queen cakes, sadly. I feel like I've missed out! ;-)

My muffin cases have 6 holes in them, too. I like big cakes, so that is definitely NOT a problem! LOL.

Hope you manage to get your eggs and cocoa. I haven't tried cocoa in mine, but will do one of these days.

Dd-I'm pretty sure fairycakes r the same as queen cakes -- ours just have less effort.. I know I've put icing or sprinkles on them for the kids at school!

Anyways today has been a better day!
B-nat yogurt- was out of eggs lol
L- can of tuna sf jelly nat yog
S-muller yog
D- lowfat bacon with carbonara style dukan sauce - quark nat yog philly cheese egg
And a thin galette made with v little ob and wb
As I made the muffins - didn't think too highly of them but have eaten 3 none the less hahaha! And am quite full!!!

Feeling tired this eve so hoping for early nite!!!

Pretty happy with how today has gone so far though it feels like tge longest day in Forever!

Anyways it seems like I will have to take back my little rant on the disappointing muffins as I really quite enjoyed them today! - u know the funny thing is I wouldn't ever have thanked u for a muffin of anydescription in the first place so not sure why there was disappointment - in fact as they r lovely and moist they are probably nicer than 'real' ones hmmmm

Anyways pv day today and boy have I enjoyed it... God bless Normandy fromage fraud it's lovely on every dinner!!!

B-a muffin - so handy!!
L-chicken salad with gherkin tomato cherrytomators cucumber lettuce and red onion - I shocked even myself! Had a little balsamic vinegar on it - it's low low fat etc
S-sf jelly nat yog slices of chicken
D-chicken stirfry- with courgette mushroom onion red and yellow peppers and garlic some spicy mix on top and some Normandy fromage frais! Loved it tho I didn't use much of the spices in case they weren't ok ones

Off to first bite of Zumba dance at 7 followed by pole and maybe sf jelly and nat yog when come home

Oh I also had some diet coke today - trying to limit it just to my pv days at the mo...

And had a nice pick me up this am was 11-4 and a half! Determined to be closer to 11 for sat and def below it at some point next week!!

Again thanx for all the support peeps xxxxxx

Actually, remembering back, that's exactly what happened to me with the muffins. I wasn't at all impressed at first - but then they grew on me. :)

Enjoy your Zumba. A local class has recently started up and I'm hoping to join it next month. The people I know who've been so far can't stop going on and on about how brilliant it is!

Well done on your weight!

Smurf - lovely to read you... I just reread your earlier posts on page 1. You've come a long way!! And now that you're being far more inventive with your food, and including far more ingredients, you'll find keeping the weight off much easier when you get to Conso!

Well done you!

Thanx Jo! Things are goun much better but I had a slip today and had some chocolate and biscuits - the kids at school brought them in and oh I couldn't resist .. Was still 11-4 and half this morning but dreading 2moros weigh in now... ESP as I am meeting up with the girls tonite .. It's not food I'm worried about but alcohol....

Anyway sorry I haven't chatted much this week but will pop in on everyones page 2m ...

Today's menu was weak to say the least but I amnt enjoying the pp days so much now so if anyone has tips...

B-half galette (think I will be making muffins for brekkie next week!!)
L-half galette with chicken breast - I still do love the galette mmm
S- nat yog sf jelly slices of chicken muller yog
D- some prawns - didn't enjoy them at all :(

An my blip of mini creme eggs and some wholewheat biscuits

Looking forward to tomorrows shop so can get sthg new to enjoy so any tips apreciated xxxxxxx

Am back after no Internet for weekend but new modem installed and boy do I need it

Bad bad bad weekend
I did have some drinks which resulted in lbs on on Saturday but I tot I would be able to work hard and get them off quickly

But I went visiting as it was my nephews birthday.. Had a nice salad for lunch
But had choc bday cake later and some sweets.. And made matters worse on Sunday with a Chinese - chick curry with rice - why didn't I just make my own :(

As Monday I weighed in 11-10

Disgusted :(

Don't even know how to start all over again :( please please please help! Xxxxx

Maybe try the lots of water + a couple of PP days first, Smurfette and see how that works. I wouldn't advise trying this too often, though, as your body might become used to it and it might not work so well.

Is there any way you can psych yourself up into not slipping up in the future? Or always make sure you have access to some kind of Dukan-friendly food on occasions like this, even if you have to bring your own?

I absolutely echo everything DD has said. Each restart is progressively more difficult, both psychologically and physically. We never quite muster that rush of motivation we start with the first time, hence that FIRST breach of diet is the one to avoid. Once there's been one, the others follow as you've seen.

If you feel ready for another go, you know what to do. Back to the supermarket, fill your fridge with Dukan goodies, and get back in the saddle pronto... remembering that you're likely to be hungry, and fanciful, the first three days minimum.

Good luck!

Thanx people determined to get back in the zone again! Down to 11-8 this am so all steam ahead xxx

Hang on in there Smurf - and try and resist next time!

good luck with the restart - like the others have said, just get organised first, and try to stay on track as much as you can!

get your head back in the game you will be fine xxx

Thanx everyone! Ye are a great support! I feel more in control again tg but I know I have to put in the hard work now to get back to last weeks 11-4 and beyond.. Maybe by sat week pg!

B+L- I was up late - galette and soft boiled egg, natural yogurt
D- chicken stirfry with onions and garlic
S- muller yog and sf jelly

Zumba and pole tonight for 2 and 1/2 hours. Fell off the pole tho so bit sore and tired now so gonna go to bed now and brave another day tomorrow xxx

OK... you can't just post that and say no more... "fell off the pole"? Come on, fess up. Give us a laugh!

Last edited:
ive thighs of flab so id never stay on

Haha yea Jo I do polercise - not very elegantly and no poledancer should feel in fear of their job but it's so much fun!!! And a good workout for those hidden core muscles..

I had been doing well at it up to my USA trip but didn't go back til Xmas due to lack of funds and boy am I feeling it tough this term! Am doing a move at the mo called the hitchup where u are upside down on the pole and you have to pull urself upright.. I can get the hook an one Han up but when I let the other hand go to move it up I fell off ... Obv my leg hook wasn't too secure o well maybe by next week and it should be an added encouragement to squeeze tighter to stop from falling!!!

Dd - it seems you need all muscles but the thigh ones are
Great as they are easier to get working- and scrumper mine are flabby too but I am seein a change... If I could work up some arm strength I'd do well tho my left arm coulnt hold a feather much less my body weight!!! Still it's good fun :)

And I am at 11-7 this morning - should def be back to 11-4 by next week tho I am heading home today and have spent the morning baking muffins sf jelly and planning and packing ingredients to bring with me to eat - my mum is a bread demon and I know if I don't have options it will be too easy to cave! Last weeks blip should hold be in good stead tho as I def learnt from it how easy the lbs go on an how hard the work is to get them off!

On top of all that I am dosed my head is liftin and the tonsils are making an appearance - I am meeting a school friend tonite so have to figure out what clothes to bring with me but it'll be diet coke all the way tonite - I can say I am on antibiotics!!

Hope everyone is doing well I haven't had much time to browse in diaries of late but when I come back Sunday I will do a catchup! Hugs to all XXXXXXX

Back