New-bie/chat, & advice anyone...please?

Yes Jim, I feel the same, I SO want to smack some of them, lol! They are 11-16/18, (there's a sixth form) though I've only 'helped' with 11-13s, we get the 'naughty', disturbed & special needs in classes where there are at least 1-4 teaching assistants needed.
They often act like babies, boys being silly & girls being 'drama queens' plus there's mobiles to watch out for....sigh BUT I do enjoy it ...most of the time...lol!
xxxxxsharon
ps pre-Atkins I 'needed' a few G&Ts now I make do with water & Bach Rescue Remedy (if I need it)

Rather you than me Sharon.

free standing.

and no way could i be a teacher, mucho respect to you

I'm the lowest of the low, VOLUNTEER teaching assistant, lol!!! NO WAY would I do a PGCE & teach secondary, unless it was somewhere where the kids are very good...dunno if that place exists in this country, sigh... My kid's school supports aschool in Africa & those kids walk MILES to school & LOVE it, never mind.
xxxxsharon

Any advice anyone, please? I've stuck 100% with this, lost 5lbs in 5 days but today I'm UP 2lbs!!! :cry:after a whole 7 days. I feel like crying... I'm not cheating. Everyone had a Chinese the other night I sat & ate some salad I'd saved from dinner (son, son's gf & hubby were all late eating coz of work/commitments) Only thing I had not on plan was 2 vodka & diet tonic last night (stress induced-broken lawnmower, naughty sons & everything seemed to go wrong) I didn't even nibble anything naughty, again I saved a bit of chicken from dinner & had a sugar-free jelly.
I've had the correct portions of salad, no prepared foods, everything made from scratch. Has anyone had a glitch like this after such a short time? I know it might be hormonal (I'm going through an early menopause & I'm feeling irritated at the moment).....any advice?
thanks
xxxxxxsharon

So that's a 3lb loss then Sharon? and yes I've seen many people get off to a shaky start love.

Good advice Laura love :) Sharon, as laura says, it's definately worth measuring with the tape measure too - waist, thigh, upper arm, bust n hips (fullest part around bum too).. Even if you have a sts week the tape measure can still be going down which will keep you motivated and assured it's still working and that it's the body having its natural fluctuations :)

I agree with Claire and Laura - you've still had a good loss but it can be demotivating to keep weighing.
Your tape measure is your best friend, especially if you're only just starting! When I do my bust I go under and over. I've lost an inch off each.
If there's a part you especially want to lose weight from, measure that. Dont forget to make notes, even if it's on the inside cover of your diet book so you know where they are! Good luck!

ARG - you check out a great weight loss, jump off the scales, do a dance in the middle of the room, get dressed (hehe).... next morning you ruin it by jumping on the scales again! I've done it a hundred times. It will all come out in the end Sharon(or come off!).

My tip of the day is a great cookbook I found 'the best low-carb cookbook' from Robert Rose. It looks like he has scoured other books and done the nutritional maths and popped it all together - brilliant! It is so helpful to have a massive book of yummy recipies to choose from when the boredom sets in.

When I cook for just me (if the OH is having pizza or pasta or chinese) I make it look so good HE is jealous of MY food! Let the good times roll!

Thanks so much, I did wait a week to weigh in I was SO tempted to do it Thursday. I'm writing everything down and I will be an 'Atkins Angel' for the whole of next week & see what happens. I appear to have put an inch BACK on my hips BUT lost 1/2 inch from each upper arm...que??? I know I should be grateful & stay on plan but I SO wanted to eat a cake from spite, spiting myself, how stupid is that? I didn't though, lol. Thanks you are all so kind & knowledgable!
xxxxxxsharon

Cake! Eeevil cake! Well done for saying no! I've said this on other threads - cake or slim? That's what I ask myself when tempted.

You'll do it Sharon.

Thanks Jar & Jim.xxxxxxxx
I went out to a local club with hubby & two youngest sons (working men's club, not night-club, lol) I won a line and a full house at bingo + I had pork scratchings even though I wanted French Fries or cheese & onion crisps. Quite pleased with myself.
What has everyone else been up to, any pubs, cinema visits or outings planned?
xxxxxxsharon

Hey good for you girl! Not giving in to temptation.

My daughter is a senior teaching assistant in a college, with teenagers who need help (mental and/or physical.) She cycles to & from work & says the effort of the bike ride home often saves her sanity.

Well done voodoo. We had chinese takeaway last night - he got himself noodles and rice and prawn crackers and chilli chicken. I had MASSIVE dry ribs and chicken foo yung - very filling and satisfying. The ribs were delish! I wont deny the noodles were tempting but I resisted.

Hi Sharon good morning to you and well done on resisting temptation girls.

I was out on the lash Friday night, had at least 3 bottles of wine and god knows how many G&T's a couple of my mates are back from 'stan and they were up for it big time having not had a drink for 4 months. LOL. Saturday and Sunday were very quiet, just lazed around the house really.

Jim, no wonder you had a quiet weekend after all that booze!!!lol I bet it was great catching up with them, do you miss being in the forces or are you glad to be out of it?xxxxxxx
Wrinkly, wish I could ride a bike (I never learnt as we lived on a VERY steep hill & Dad wouldn't get stabilisers for us).xxxxxxx
Jar, what's egg foo yung like? How did you resist prawn crackers? I have to leave the room if they're about, lol.xxxxxxx
Well I feel a bit odd today, had 'herb' salad, bought pre-packed, with steak & mushrooms & I think the herbs upset me, or rather one herb did, my tummy hurts.... I love trying new salads but I'll avoid this one in future!
xxxxsharon

Hi Sharon, I was in for 25 years and I loved every minute of it :D I do miss it, but I wanted to have a career outside the Army as well love.

Chicken foo yung was lovely - it's like a very dense and in our chinese's case, very chickeney(!?!) omelette.

Back