New Consultant - not good

The thing to remember is this, that the classes are ultimately run as a business and if things like food diaries, certificates, coffee etc come out of your consultants pocket then she needs to watch the pennies or it won't be beneficial for her to run the class.

This is just my opinion and I do agree that she seems to be a bit harsh but I do think you should see her side of things and maybe talk to her before taking it higher.

I understand that they are a business but that's not why I, nor anyone else, joins. We join to lose weight and be motivated and looked after, not lectured about 20p a week for a cup of coffee that I don't even have!
I couldn't care less about whether our SW area is 'up' for the month on last year or that WW isn't as doing as well as 'we' are..it's all irrelevant to why I'm there.

It's true that she should perhaps be told that people are unhappy - but she's SO unapproachable that I wouldn't dare talk to her.

Fair enough, it was just my thoughts and I was offering my opinion on some of the issues you raised!!

She does sound a bit of a dragon so I am surprised she has even been accepted as a consultant. Like a previous reply suggested, maybe email or text her if you can't talk to her.

I hope you sort this out without having to move groups as that would inconvenience you and you shouldn't have to do this!

Sorry Jaylou if I sounded defensive - she's just cheesing me off so much!

I don;t want to fall out with anyone :(

:hug99:

Hey, not to worry - it's good to get other opinions though isn't it?

No-one falls out with anyone on here!!! :)

Hi hun, sorry your consultant isn't very good, hope you get it all sorted out. I had a horrendus (sp?) consultant once, she was very friendly a group of women there and didn't bother with the rest of us, when me and a few others complained to sw, they were fab and so helpful. x

I'd say it's more about the way she's told you these things rather than the procedures themselves. Members shouldn't be allowed to help themselves to food diaries, not for cost reasons cos these can be gotten free of charge but because they are a tool used for when members are struggling, the main aim is that members don't rely too heavily on them.

As for the tea and coffee, this is true of most groups that it comes from the raffle money, consultants work so so hard to run their groups that quite often they're left out of pocket.

And just to be aware that head office are very supportive of their consultants so complaining to them may not get you the results you want.

I would definitely have a word with her, she's only human and she may not be aware she's being so domineering. It's true though that all consultants are different and some people visit many groups before finding one that suits them.

I really wish you good luck though as obviously when you're paying £4.50 you don't want to be made to feel like a child. She prob has a long way to go with her people skills x

I agree SW is a business - and if it's just a small group then I can see the idea of cost-cutting - but surely the idea is to create a caring, welcoming atmosphere? If you have that, then word-of-mouth would make your little, struggling class into a bigger, doing-well class.

I see nothing wrong with putting a sign saying 20p next to the tea and coffee. Moaning to those coming to class about the price is terrible. Does your local shopkeeper moan to you about how much the stuff costs when he buys it?

I'd say do both: complain to SW and find a new class

I think I've decided NOT to contact SW about this as, for other people, she might be great - but for those of us (and there are a few) who can't get on with the way she speaks to us, she's not good at all. She is making me dread going to class where before I used to enjoy it.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with charging for the drinks, it would make no difference to me either way anyway *lol* but it was the way it was presented to us, it was 'buy raffle tickets or I'll start charging for hot drinks', and that's not good.
She's constantly making everything sound like she's telling us off...and even said that 'you've got to have rules', well yes you do, but we're ADULTS so she really needs to start treating us like that.

She does sound awful Jes! I wish I was in your class...I'd sort her out!! lol :)

Aww hun it doesn't sound good and you shouldn't have to put up with being treated like that, especially when you're paying for it.

All I meant was if she's newly trained she may have a few things to learn and adapt to as being a good consultant takes years! But she certainly sounds like she's going about things the wrong way.

if she's newly trained she may have a few things to learn and adapt to as being a good consultant takes years! But she certainly sounds like she's going about things the wrong way.

She keeps telling us that she's been an consultant for a year..

You poor thing!
*going into trainer mode* This is a simple case of 'equality of rights'.

The consultant has the 'right' to run her business any way she chooses, financially. She does NOT have the right to trample over the feelings of others.

You have the 'right' to expect a certain level of service for the fee you pay.

Your choice is now do you continue your side of the bargain (paying and turning up for class) if she is not sticking to her side?

I agree with indieflower- I would LOVE to attend your class and give her a piece of my mind- this has made me very angry and protective of my friends on here. If you don't feel up to the confrontation, leave and text/e-mail her with your reasons in a polite constructive way.

Good luck xxx

I had a temporary one that told everyone my weight! I was not amused, thank god it wasn't my starting weight, else I would have stormed out.

I had no idea how SW and it's certificates, raffle etc worked. My consultant was a group member who decided to go for training when our old consultant had to give up for health reasons. So we all knew her and encouraged her in her training. We did have a temp for a while who was on the bossy side and would talk over people, I know she grated on some nerves, but we knew it was only temporary until our old member had finished her training. She's been running our group since January now.
I get cards congratulating me when I reach a milestone like my 2 st award a couple of weeks ago or like when I'm struggling she sent me a card encouraging me to keep going. I'e also had texts from her encouraging me when she knows I was disapointed in my WI for that week, whether it was a gain, sts or only a small loss. We get certificates for everything, sotw, sotm, targets etc. We do have a large group though and there's an evening group that she takes too so maybe she can afford to do all these things with so many people staying to group :confused:

yeah I think it really depends how many groups the consultant has etc... my consultant has about 6 groups so she's pretty busy so I can understand why she doesnt go out of her way to ring people etc... or send cards like some have mentioned...despite this she is the best consultant my group has had so far... her life is completely SW orientated, she's very funny and very kind!

Back