New. Have i fallen off already?

auntyspan

It's my second day and it was all going well, but just had a rubbish dinner time (kids bickering etc) and eaten pretty much a whole bag of grapes. I know they're free but I still feel guilty. Is this really bad? What can I do to make amends?

I've only had 6 syns today, so perhaps I can use the grapes as the extra 4 syns?

as far as slimming world goes you have done nothing wrong at all. Grapes are superfree and you are encouraged to eat lots of superfree.

Personally I don't buy grapes that often because I too can eat a whole bag in one sitting and I don't think it really helps with my losses - but it is so much better than a big bag of crisps or loads of kitkats.

Don't feel guilty - you are sticking 100% to plan still and you will get that loss next week - good luck!

some people freeze grapes and eat them like boiled sweets. I try to graze on celery and cherry tomatoes if I am not really hungry.

No damage done at all. Might get a tummy ache later, but as far as sticking to plan goes you don;t need to worry :D

grapes are fruit you have done nothing wrong, and you don't need to compensate at all. Well done you for reaching for fruit and not chocolate!

You're doing fine! 6 syns is within limit and grapes are super free. Don't worry!

i love grapes.

so do you, apparently. lol. bless ya.

its all good xx

'natures maltesers'. I like that :D

It's my second day and it was all going well, but just had a rubbish dinner time (kids bickering etc) and eaten pretty much a whole bag of grapes. I know they're free but I still feel guilty. Is this really bad? What can I do to make amends?

I've only had 6 syns today, so perhaps I can use the grapes as the extra 4 syns?

I think if you've tried other ways to lose weight, which may include calorie counting its easy to think a whole bag of grapes is too many, but as the others have said you've not had too many according the SW.

Hey pat yourself on the back, with the kids bickering you only went for grapes, when my daughter was 'that nice age' I turned to drink, not too much, & not in an alcholic kind of way, but did need a glass of wine in the eves.

Don't worry! You've done exactly the right thing.

People overeat for different reasons and in different ways. If, like me, you're an emotional eater then it takes a while to bring the reflex to grab something when you are stressed/lonely/tired/unhappy/happy/celebrating under control. The fact that you reached for grapes is encouraging-- because ok, you ate a lot of grapes, but so what? While you were eating them you weren't eating crisps/chocolate/bread.

The only plan that allows for this is slimming world, and you can still lose weight while working through these problems. So eat up, write it all down, and good luck.

I do that kind of thing often and it's ok - beffore I would eat whole bags of chocolates so go for it!

Like the natures malteser bit although the mention of Maltesers makes me want some now!!

You have done no damage at all and there is no need to use your syns. Grapes are super free so eat away, don't feel bad you haven't done anything wrong

My husband and I started this week (first time for him, not for me) and we're following extra easy. He's just had a panic because we've eaten too many free foods and not enough super free. We have stuck to it rigidly apart from that but the niggles from all the other diets still linger and cause panic!

Back