New here - Day 3

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by jill36, 1 February 2014.

1. jill36

jill36 Well-Known Member

Hi I'm on day 3. Woke up this morning with a slight headache, normal I guess. I want to lose 1½st to get me back to my 2006 weight. (9st 12lb).

Couple of questions

How do I avoid the greasy feeling in my mouth
    How many carbs in chewing gum
    When should I weigh myself for the 1st time
    How do I set up a diary and attract fellow Atkins dieters

2. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Hi Jill and welcome

Q1 - drink lots of water, it will help flush that greasiness away a bit.
    Q2 - gum like Airwaves, not the fruity ones, are about 1g carb each pellet, I think - I've got a tub of Airwaves menthol and eucalyptus here with 46 pellets in it, weighing 64g - and the carb content for 100g is 61g - I'll let you do the maths!
    Q3 - weigh ONCE a week - avoid having sneaky peeks because the scales will bounce around like no one's business - and if Thursday was your first day, then make Thursday morning your weekly weigh in (WI) day
    Q4 - this IS your diary lol - it gets a bit quiet here at the weekends, but you will have people piling in to say hi soon.

3. Jonsgirl80

Jonsgirl80 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.

good luck with your weight loss.
  4. LVLLM

LVLLM Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome :) plenty of water as Suze says I hate that airwaves stuff. How bout brushing your teeth instead :)
  5. Sam_Dodd

Sam_Dodd Well-Known Member

Hello and good luck!