NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE - for TUES 23/09/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

1.Date: Mon 22/09/14
2.Cycle : Get Fit
3. Day of Challenge: 1
4. Plan: Red
5. Water/NAS: 2.5 plus Green tea x 2 (also had capuchin but that doesn’t count)
6. Carbs: None
7. Exercise: Lots of walking but not too strenuous
8. Total syns: Alpen Light 3, Dairy Milk 4.5 plus a small cup of skinny cappuchino without chocolate?
9. SALAD: Ham and hard boiled egg, lettuce, cucumber, radish, spring onion, celery, orange pepper and fat free vinaigrette.

Not sure of the syns for the coffee but I haven't had a hex a today, apart from that. Hope that's ok, Kay? it was a little hard being out and in the cafe where everyone else was eating yummy baguettes and cakes!! I'd left my salad in the car, so had to wait till later but was determined not to give in, hence the coffee to fill me up a bit. Oh and no photo, as I said on my diary page, I was too keen to tuck in by the time I got my salad and had munched it before I remembered. :rolleyes:

Edit : "also had capuchin but that doesn’t count" oops, lol, isn't that some kind of monkey?

Last edited:
1.DATE: Monday 22/09/2014
2.CYCLE : The Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 1
4. PLAN: RED DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: none!
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: none
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: baked beans (6) and choc buttons (3.5)
9. SALAD: lunch- lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, red pepper, cottage cheese & pickle.

Yay ! :D Well done Rosie for completing DAY 1 of the challenge and hitting all your targets, you've done brill on the syns and water intake ! Your cheese salad sounds really yummy, hope you enjoyed it :p. Would love to see some pics in the week of your salads, only if you can hun, its not essential :). Hope you enjoyed the challenge today. Good luck for day 2, hope you do fab ! :D xx

8. Total syns: Alpen Light 3, Dairy Milk 4.5 plus a small cup of skinny cappuchino without chocolate?
9. SALAD: Ham and hard boiled egg, lettuce, cucumber, radish, spring onion, celery, orange pepper and fat free vinaigrette.

Not sure of the syns for the coffee but I haven't had a hex a today, apart from that. Hope that's ok, Kay? it was a little hard being out and in the cafe where everyone else was eating yummy baguettes and cakes!! I'd left my salad in the car, so had to wait till later but was determined not to give in, hence the coffee to fill me up a bit. Oh and no photo, as I said on my diary page, I was too keen to tuck in by the time I got my salad and had munched it before I remembered. :rolleyes:

Edit : "also had capuchin but that doesn’t count" oops, lol, isn't that some kind of monkey?

Brilliant ! Well done L :p you've done smashing for a day out and stuck to plan ! Woohoo ! :party0011: Such a good feeling when we don't give into temptation, fab NSV moment ! Well done on hitting all your targets, don't worry about the pic hun, I know you must have been hungry :D. Yep your milk in your coffee is fine :), and your spot on with the Syns. Ham salad sounded super delish, its one of Vonnies fav's too ;). Hope you have a fab Day 2, I know you'll do just brill xx

9. SALAD: lunch- lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, red pepper, cottage cheese & pickle.
Brill day Rosie - well done x

Well done Rosie. How did it go for you? Did you feel hungry or not? Even though I've done the challenge before, it still surprises me that my salad really fills me up, mind you, I did have a whole big plastic box full of the greens and reds and oranges, along with my ham and egg. It took me ages to chomp through it ;)

2.CYCLE : Turbo cycle
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 Litres (forgotten how hard it is it get that down!)
6. CARBS TODAY: zero
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE:exercise DVD 30 mins & a couple of hours in the garden strenuous digging the veg plot plus boring housework!
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5 - 1 v light mayo, 2 sprinkle of choc options, 1 chilli sauce
9. SALAD 1: bacon and onion omelette, lettuce, yellow pepper, beet and cucumber, v light mayo
SALAD 2: chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled onion, sweet chilli sauce
sorry no photos from me Kay - hope everyone's had a good days!

Last edited:

Not sure of the syns for the coffee but I haven't had a hex a today, apart from that. Hope that's ok, Kay? it was a little hard being out and in the cafe where everyone else was eating yummy baguettes and cakes!! I'd left my salad in the car, so had to wait till later but was determined not to give in, hence the coffee to fill me up a bit. Oh and no photo, as I said on my diary page, I was too keen to tuck in by the time I got my salad and had munched it before I remembered. :rolleyes: QUOTE

Well done - isn't great to get day 1 done - esp when u were out with friends too!!

2.CYCLE : Turbo cycle
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 Litres (forgotten how hard it is it get that down!
6. CARBS TODAY: zero
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5 - 1 v light mayo, 2 sprinkle of choc options, 1 chilli sauce
9. SALAD 1: bacon and onion omelette, lettuce, yellow pepper, beet and cucumber, v light mayo
SALAD 2: chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled onion, sweet chilli sauce
sorry no photos from me Kay - hope everyone's had a good daysdays

Yay ! Turbo girl ! :D Well done Linda ! You've done amazing hun, especially with the 3L of water :p it is tough the first few days but then our body gets used to it. Your bacon and chicken salads sound super yum :) I hope you enjoyed them. Well done on syns too. I noticed you missed out exercise today, today was 1 hour exercise on Turbo, maybe you can do another day in the week, one of the rest days ? xx

UPDATE - Mon 22/09/2014

Vonnie and Helen :p I know your both posting late tonight so I will catch up with your updates in the morning. Going to have an early night now. Well done everyone on a fantastic day 1, good luck for day 2, I know you'll all do super ! :D

Kay xx

UPDATE - for TUES 23/09/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been on since yesterday, depression strikes again :( Sorry Kay I'm doing the get fit plan and I'm in for the soup challenge. Here's today's info.

Date. 22/9/14.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 1.
Plan. Red.
Water intake. 2 litres.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. None.
Syns. 10 Salad cream, sweets.
Salad. Mackerel, shop bought salad pot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
I enjoyed my salad and it did fill me up til tea at 7! I have got some chicken for tomorrow's which I hope to coat in spices (will try remember a pic!). The hardest part for me has been drinking 2L! I am terrible for not drinking enough so hope it is the start of new good habits :) x

I'm exactly the same re water intake and have to remind myself to drink enough most days. It's surprising how quickly you get used to the 2L though! And you feel so much better for it :)

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been on since yesterday, depression strikes again :( Sorry Kay I'm doing the get fit plan and I'm in for the soup challenge. Here's today's info.

Date. 23/9/14.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 1.
Plan. Red.
Water intake. 2 litres.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. None.

Well done on completing day 1 on the challenge when you're not feeling great! Hope today is a good day.

Date. 23/9/14.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 1.
Plan. Red.
Water intake. 2 litres.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. None.

Sorry to hear u've been depressed - so u've done really well to stick to the plan x

Yay ! Turbo girl ! :D Well done Linda ! You've done amazing hun, especially with the 3L of water :p it is tough the first few days but then our body gets used to it. Your bacon and chicken salads sound super yum :) I hope you enjoyed them. Well done on syns too. I noticed you missed out exercise today, today was 1 hour exercise on Turbo, maybe you can do another day in the week, one of the rest days ? xx

Whoops - I made a mistake there I copy/pasted the format and didn't change the exercise section - I did some strenuous gardening and an exercise DVD - will edit now x

Hope it's going well for everyone? Kay is rather quiet... hope you're alright hun? I've munched lots of fruit and my salad today and drunk loads of squash, so going good. Body magic is clearing and moving boxes, back later with food report. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back