NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.DATE: Tues 01/07/2014
2.CYCLE : The Turbo Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 2
4. PLAN: RED
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 Litres (including nas squash & herbal teas)
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: Rest Day
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 7 (Breakfast Smoothie 5, Olives 2)
9. SALAD: Lunch - Cheesy Omelette with side of olive & tomato green salad / Tea - Chargrilled Haddock with Asda Garden Salad.

IMG_0881.jpg IMG_0813.jpg IMG_0924.jpg

1. Date: 01/07/14
2. Cycle : Turbo Cycle
3. Day of challenge: Day 2
4. Plan: Red
5. Water intake: 3 Litres
6. Carbs today: None
7. Body magic/ exercise: Rest day
8. Total syns/treat cals: 6 syns
9. Salad:
Lunch -
Hunters chicken (hexa + 2 syns) with salad of tomatoes, cucumber beetroot, lettuce, celery, grated carrot and ff dressing
Tea -
Chicken subway salad with peppers, onions, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and a little dressing

View attachment 144453View attachment 144454

Yay ! Bev yummy looking salads :D Well done on completing day 2 of The Turbo Cycle hun :). I might do a subway salad this week too :p your one looks delicious. Did you enjoy your food today ?

Kay xx

1.DATE: 1st July
2.CYCLE : get fit
4. PLAN: green
5. WATER INTAKE:2 litres so far. Got another litre ready and some green tea
6. CARBS TODAY: very small portion of wm pasta and 2wm bread (HeB's)
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: does an hour trekking round town quickly before the shops shut lugging bags count ??
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 1 from yest, 6 - 2x heroes , 0.5 muller Greek = 7.5
9. SALAD: 2boiled eggs with lettuce, red and green pepper, carrot sticks, cucumber, spring onion, beetroot, sweetcorn and gherkins

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 56
These salads are looking lovely and very colourful!

I hope you don't mind Kay, with me not being on this week's challenge, but I made myself a carb free salad for tea to give it a go and thought I'd run it by you? Please could you let me know if there's anything on there that wouldn't be ok if on the challenge in case I decide to give it a go next week ;)

8a97f5cd2e81d7ed0ba840b7967f6734_zps32381b18.jpg

Mixed salad leaves plus onion, cucumber and grated carrot, picked onions, beetroot, salad cream light, low fat cheese grated, sweet pickle, 4 slices wafer thin chicken, tuna, boiled egg.

4. PLAN: green
5. WATER INTAKE:2 litres so far. Got another litre ready and some green tea
6. CARBS TODAY: very small portion of wm pasta and 2wm bread (HeB's)
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: does an hour trekking round town quickly before the shops shut lugging bags count ??
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 1 from yest, 6 - 2x heroes , 0.5 muller Greek = 7.5
9. SALAD: 2boiled eggs with lettuce, red and green pepper, carrot sticks, cucumber, spring onion, beetroot, sweetcorn and gherkins

Well done Kitty ! :p Your salad looks so yum . lol @ the body magic, yes it counts :D. Hope you enjoyed your lovely carbs today, tomorrow is back to RED sadly :p. Are you liking the challenge so far ?

Kay xx

Well done Kitty ! :p Your salad looks so yum . lol @ the body magic, yes it counts :D. Hope you enjoyed your lovely carbs today, tomorrow is back to RED sadly :p. Are you liking the challenge so far ?

Kay xx

My salad was yum- nearly licked the plate clean too i was that hungry ! I really did enjoy my carbs, Ta !!! :D
I've prepped my lunch already for tomorrow and I've got some marinated salmon in the fridge for my tea.

Yeah I'm feeling good so far on the challenge, thought it might have been more difficult because of my love of my green days. I'm super busy at school so that's helping too! Trying to get myself all sorted before I start bringing my stuff home so I can take it to my new school.

Xxx

These salads are looking lovely and very colourful!

I hope you don't mind Kay, with me not being on this week's challenge, but I made myself a carb free salad for tea to give it a go and thought I'd run it by you? Please could you let me know if there's anything on there that wouldn't be ok if on the challenge in case I decide to give it a go next week ;)

Mixed salad leaves plus onion, cucumber and grated carrot, picked onions, beetroot, salad cream light, low fat cheese grated, sweet pickle, 4 slices wafer thin chicken, tuna, boiled egg.

Well done for making the effort lovely :clap: even though your not on the challenge, you've done fantastic with that salad, its perfect for a RED DAY where you can have meat, fish and poultry. GREEN days are veggie days so no meat :), on a Green day you can have beans and pulses, quorn, eggs, tofu and all kinds of vegetables to go with your salad and you are allowed carbs too, so you can have a jacket with beans and salad . Are you still with me ? :p

Kay xx

4. PLAN: EE
5. WATER INTAKE: just under 2l so far,, but will be just over when I have my sleepy time herbal tea (excluding the coffee I've had)
6. CARBS TODAY: HExB of porridge oats.
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 1 hour 15 mins of gardening.
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: light vanilla ice cream and dark chocolate
9. SALAD: hard-boiled egg, cold roast chicken, lamb's lettuce, chard, beetroot, pepper, baby corn, carrot, mangetout, celery, tomatoes with dressing of FFNY with mint sauce stirred in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
My salad was yum- nearly licked the plate clean too i was that hungry ! I really did enjoy my carbs, Ta !!! :D
I've prepped my lunch already for tomorrow and I've got some marinated salmon in the fridge for my tea.

Yeah I'm feeling good so far on the challenge, thought it might have been more difficult because of my love of my green days. I'm super busy at school so that's helping too! Trying to get myself all sorted before I start bringing my stuff home so I can take it to my new school.

Xxx

Oh I bet the schools are busy now with the term nearly finishing, you must be a right busy bee :p. I think a lot of people think that salads won't fill them up but since doing the challenge I'm glad a lot of you have changed your mind, I think its all the water lol and the fibre were getting from the salads is helping us feel fuller for longer too, so its all good. Well done on preparing your food in advance, that's a sure sign to help you stay on track and prevent any binges from happening :D . I'm glad your enjoying the challenge hun. Roll on DAY 3 ! :)

Kay xx

Sorry, I've not had a chance to post today. Have had all my water and my salad at lunchtime but Oh dear, think I had something I shouldn't. I'd had a hectic morning, dashed in and made salad for us and ate it and only afterwards did I realise I shouldn't have had ham as its a green day. :-( I will do the proper post with ingredients and photo in a bit but my phone/email is playing up and can't get the picture off of phone atm. Sorry, its been one of those days.
:cry:

Sorry, I've not had a chance to post today. Have had all my water and my salad at lunchtime but Oh dear, think I had something I shouldn't. I'd had a hectic morning, dashed in and made salad for us and ate it and only afterwards did I realise I shouldn't have had ham as its a green day. :-( I will do the proper post with ingredients and photo in a bit but my phone/email is playing up and can't get the picture off of phone atm. Sorry, its been one of those days.
:cry:

I love being the bearer of good news :D you can have it as an EE day and you will be fine or just have the ham as a hexb choice on green :p xx

Hi Kay, Here is my diary for day 2.
DATE: Tue/07/14
2.CYCLE : Get fit cycle
4. PLAN: Green
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 ltrs
6. CARBS TODAY: Wholemeal Pasta
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: Zumba and Gardening
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 6
9. SALAD: Feta Cheese Salad. Feta cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber & spring onions.
I am really enjoying this challenge. Too hot here for hot meals anyway!
Keep going everyone x

Well done for making the effort lovely :clap: even though your not on the challenge, you've done fantastic with that salad, its perfect for a RED DAY where you can have meat, fish and poultry. GREEN days are veggie days so no meat :), on a Green day you can have beans and pulses, quorn, eggs, tofu and all kinds of vegetables to go with your salad and you are allowed carbs too, so you can have a jacket with beans and salad . Are you still with me ? :p

Kay xx

Thank you Kay :) Yes I'm with you on the red/green days as I've done sw in the past. By beans are we talking baked? :D

Also, would the salad cream/pickle be coming out of the treats allowance or not? Sorry if that's a daft question xx

Thank you Kay :) Yes I'm with you on the red/green days as I've done sw in the past. By beans are we talking baked? :D

Also, would the salad cream/pickle be coming out of the treats allowance or not? Sorry if that's a daft question xx

Sorry hun I've just had a rethink and I want to make things simpler for you and Kirsty since you are both coming from WW and CC . Tell me what you think of this :-

THE GET FIT CYCLE FOR WW & CC

DAY 1 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 2 - CARBS ALLOWED IN ONE MEAL, OTHER MEAL SALAD / EXERCISE 30 MINUTES / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 3 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 4 - CARBS ALLOWED IN ONE MEAL, OTHER MEAL SALAD / EXERCISE 30 MINUTES / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 5 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 6 - CARBS ALLOWED IN ONE MEAL, OTHER MEAL SALAD / EXERCISE 30 MINUTES / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 7 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

WATER - 2 Litres everyday

Does this work better hun ? :)

Kay xx

4. PLAN: EE
5. WATER INTAKE: just under 2l so far,, but will be just over when I have my sleepy time herbal tea (excluding the coffee I've had)
6. CARBS TODAY: HExB of porridge oats.
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 1 hour 15 mins of gardening.
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: light vanilla ice cream and dark chocolate
9. SALAD: hard-boiled egg, cold roast chicken, lamb's lettuce, chard, beetroot, pepper, baby corn, carrot, mangetout, celery, tomatoes with dressing of FFNY with mint sauce stirred in.

Patty well done on day 2 :p your salad looks delish ! I love eggs in my salad :D never tried mint sauce stirred in my salads, will give that a go . Hope your enjoying the challenge so far hun, I'm loving all these yummy pics !

Kay xx

Sorry hun I've just had a rethink and I want to make things simpler for you and Kirsty since you are both coming from WW and CC . Tell me what you think of this :-

THE GET FIT CYCLE FOR WW & CC

DAY 1 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 2 - CARBS ALLOWED IN ONE MEAL, OTHER MEAL SALAD / EXERCISE 30 MINUTES / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 3 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 4 - CARBS ALLOWED IN ONE MEAL, OTHER MEAL SALAD / EXERCISE 30 MINUTES / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 5 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 6 - CARBS ALLOWED IN ONE MEAL, OTHER MEAL SALAD / EXERCISE 30 MINUTES / 200 Cal Treats

DAY 7 - NO CABRS, JUST PROTEIN AND FIBRE / REST DAY / 200 Cal Treats

WATER - 2 Litres everyday

Does this work better hun ? :)

Kay xx

Aww you are good, working all this stuff out bless you, thanks xx

Yes that sounds fine but do you mean we don't bother with meat/veggie days? I'm quite happy doing it either way xx

Hi Kay, Here is my diary for day 2.
DATE: Tue/07/14
2.CYCLE : Get fit cycle
4. PLAN: Green
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 ltrs
6. CARBS TODAY: Wholemeal Pasta
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: Zumba and Gardening
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 6
9. SALAD: Feta Cheese Salad. Feta cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber & spring onions.
I am really enjoying this challenge. Too hot here for hot meals anyway!
Keep going everyone x

Well done hun to a smashing day 2 ! :D I'm so glad you joined us, your doing brill ! Your salad sounds very yummy and am glad your enjoying them too ! :)

Kay xx

DATE 1/7/14
CYCLE turbo
DAY OF CHALLENGE 2
PLAN red
WATER INTAKE 3L
CARBS. none
BODY MAGIC rest day
SYNS none
SALAD LUNCH
lettuce, cucumber, tomato, celery , spring onion, red onion, radish, beetroot
SALAD DINNER
as above with boiled egg, sliced turkey ,

Yay day 2 done and loving it :) :):):)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww you are good, working all this stuff out bless you, thanks xx

Yes that sounds fine but do you mean we don't bother with meat/veggie days? I'm quite happy doing it either way xx

If you do remember SW and think your ok with red and green and get the gist of it, then the challenge would work better. This is just another simpler option if you find the SW version harder to follow. You sound like you will be ok with the red and green days ? ;)

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back