CYCLE turbo
DAY OF CHALLENGE 3
PLAN red
WATER INTAKE 2L
CARBS none
BODY MAGIC 1 hr washing two cars
TOTAL SYNS 7
SALADS :- lettuce and peppers with omelette for lunch and dinner

I really really want to make chicken casserole tomorrow, dumplings for hubby and mash, but I wanna do another red day and so carb free too. But can you class broccoli and green beans as a salad?!! Lol! Breakfast is a fruit salad, lunch will be a tikka chicken boiled egg and lettuce and onion salad....any thoughts??

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Challengers :). Have a super salad day, over halfway now and we've all realised it's easier than we thought and salad does fill us up enough. I'm looking forward to my small jacket potato later :) good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone,

Date. 2/7/2014

Cycle. Get fit

Day of challenge. 3

Plan. Red

Water intake. 2 litres

Carbs. None

Body magic. None

Syns. 8 - salad dressing and chocolate

Salad. Ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, spring onion, radish and egg

Well done on a fab food day Helen, your salad looks delicious ! :p Good luck for day 4, I know you will do smashing !

Kay xx

DATE 2/7/14
CYCLE turbo
DAY OF CHALLENGE 3
PLAN red
WATER INTAKE 2L
CARBS none
BODY MAGIC 1 hr washing two cars
TOTAL SYNS 7
SALADS :- lettuce and peppers with omelette for lunch and dinner

I really really want to make chicken casserole tomorrow, dumplings for hubby and mash, but I wanna do another red day and so carb free too. But can you class broccoli and green beans as a salad?!! Lol! Breakfast is a fruit salad, lunch will be a tikka chicken boiled egg and lettuce and onion salad....any thoughts??

Hello lovely, well done on DAY 3 and getting back on plan, fab red day although I noticed the 2 litres again, you finding it hard to hit 3 litres for the Turbo challenge ? Also hun unfortunately veggies cannot substitute for salad. Your plate needs to be packed with the green leafy stuff, that's why I have mentioned in the guidelines the salad cannot be a `SIDE' it has to be your `MAINCOURSE' your plate should be taken up by most of it. The fibre from the salad plays a huge part in your losses ;).

Kay xx

Happy day 4 ladies - can't believe you are halfway through the challenge already! Keep going, I can't wait to hear your results :D xx

Happy day 4 ladies - can't believe you are halfway through the challenge already! Keep going, I can't wait to hear your results :D xx

Morning Stevie :p great to see you on here again cheering us on. Well done on your loss this week hun, your doing super yourself :).

Kay xx

I've just managed to catch up. Well done everyone on another fab day. I always used to think salads were boring but not anymore!

Can I just ask, is extra light mayo/salad cream counted as part of the 10 syns allowed?

Hello hun, I'm sorry I must have missed your post last night, when everyone was posting their eats. With regards to mayo, yep Hellmans Extra Light Mayo is 0.5 syns for 1 tablespoon, I normally buy Asda's Extra Light Mayo which is 1 syn per tablespoon. If you want to know syns for any other items, feel free to post on here or you can pm me anytime lovely. Hope this helps. :)

Kay xx

Free £5 Morrisons voucher in the sun today. To be used on fresh fruit and veg. No min spend (other than paper) but you can only use one at a time, so have to go through again or get someone else to, and doesn't work on self service xx

When I first started SW, nearly 4 years ago now, I decided that I was going to participate in celebrations in order to learn how to assimilate the 'goodies' in to my life. Previously, if I'd had something that was 'naughty', that would be it - I'd blown the diet so what was the point of continuing? I was determined to break that cycle.

It was a birthday at work today, and this was the offering - a whole strawberry tart each.

strawberry tart.JPG

The total calorie count is 255 BUT, I only ate the strawberries and patisserie cream and nibbled at part of the crust, leaving more than half of the pastry. As it was a sweet butter pastry I would think that most of the calories were in the crust. What do people think is a reasonable Syn allowance? I'm thinking around 6 would more than cover it, but I want to err on the safe side.

Afternoon Everyone,

Well done on doing fab on this challenge!

Hi Kay,

So, I will be starting the challenge on saturday! You have talked me into it and I'm looking forward to it :) going to have a read through all your first posts so I'm up to speed for starting on saturday. I'll let you know if I've got any questions, you may have to keep me right! lol xxx

Free £5 Morrisons voucher in the sun today. To be used on fresh fruit and veg. No min spend (other than paper) but you can only use one at a time, so have to go through again or get someone else to, and doesn't work on self service xx

Aww thanks Pixie for telling us all about the offer, that's brill hun ! :p

Kay xx

I have an obsession with omelettes!! Jist eaten another one today, I've got through 18 eggs this week lol! Today's was divine, one low fat cheese slice cut up with ham and chorizo....Omg amazing :)

When I first started SW, nearly 4 years ago now, I decided that I was going to participate in celebrations in order to learn how to assimilate the 'goodies' in to my life. Previously, if I'd had something that was 'naughty', that would be it - I'd blown the diet so what was the point of continuing? I was determined to break that cycle.

It was a birthday at work today, and this was the offering - a whole strawberry tart each.

View attachment 144695

The total calorie count is 255 BUT, I only ate the strawberries and patisserie cream and nibbled at part of the crust, leaving more than half of the pastry. As it was a sweet butter pastry I would think that most of the calories were in the crust. What do people think is a reasonable Syn allowance? I'm thinking around 6 would more than cover it, but I want to err on the safe side.

Hi Patty, its roughly 13 syns for the whole lot so your halving that and you haven't even eaten half so I would say that's more than generous, infact I think you will be fine with 4, that's just one quarter of the cake :).

Also Patty just wanted to check, will you be doing week 2 of the challenge as well ?

Kay xx

Afternoon Everyone,

Well done on doing fab on this challenge!

Hi Kay,

So, I will be starting the challenge on saturday! You have talked me into it and I'm looking forward to it :) going to have a read through all your first posts so I'm up to speed for starting on saturday. I'll let you know if I've got any questions, you may have to keep me right! lol xxx

Yay ! glad your on board Kirsty :p I will be sending a pm to you and Sammy today, to do with tips for getting started :) xx

I have an obsession with omelettes!! Jist eaten another one today, I've got through 18 eggs this week lol! Today's was divine, one low fat cheese slice cut up with ham and chorizo....Omg amazing :)

Sounds delish Lauren, I had omelette the other day, love them too :p. Hope you got my reply this morning about veg with salad mrs ! :D And are u turbo style Lauren today, kicking it with the 3 litres ? :D

Kay xx

Hi Patty, its roughly 13 syns for the whole lot so your halving that and you haven't even eaten half so I would say that's more than generous, infact I think you will be fine with 4, that's just one quarter of the cake :).

Also Patty just wanted to check, will you be doing week 2 of the challenge as well ?

Kay xx

Four it is then! Thanks.

I'm certainly hoping to do week 2; I'll have got into the swing of things by then. Lol

Four it is then! Thanks.

I'm certainly hoping to do week 2; I'll have got into the swing of things by then. Lol

That's great to know Patty, your doing so well :p, I was reading you diary last night, I know the lack of hexb is a bit of a pain, but hopefully as you say, day by day your adjusting :D. I won't be needing the final list of names till Friday, so you still have time to think about it hun .

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back