NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't find any kale I was so disappointed!! They had it in asda last time I bought it a few months ago :( so I've got cabbage for now until they have it again :(

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

lol :p no worries Lauren, cabbage is good, on your next shop try and also buy lettuce or spinach do you like any of them ? xx

Hi Kay. Well done with sorting out an internet connection!

A question - if I have a JP tonight can I have baked beans as well, or would that be two portions of carbs? If so, I'll go for tuna. (The jp will be a small one!)

Thanks

Hi Patty :), hope your well hun. I know on green/ee baked beans are free, but for the challenge it is still 2 amounts of carbs, but since its a tiny jacket, go on then :p, but try and add lots of salad to your plate to balance out the carbs and make sure you hit your exercise and water target today and we should be fine ;) .

Kay xx

Thanks - it's actually my main meal as I had my salad for lunch.

Hi hun x glad you've managed to sort out the internet 4 today at least :eek:
Quick Q before supper this evening-are quorn items that are usually free on a green day still free on a challenge green day? Eg pieces & fillets?
Thanks in advance xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi hun x glad you've managed to sort out the internet 4 today at least :eek:
Quick Q before supper this evening-are quorn items that are usually free on a green day still free on a challenge green day? Eg pieces & fillets?
Thanks in advance xLx

Afternoon ellejay :p, Indeed they are free on all plans and on this challenge :D xx

Fab!! :D thanks again xx

Ellejay if you are a fan of quorn like me and you have an Asda near you, they are currently selling the quorn peppered steaks(x2 in a pack) and Chefs Selection jumbo burgers (x2 in a pack), for £1 each :D, I had them last week with my salad, they were super delish ! :p

Kay xx

Hi hun :), well done for the effort, I'm sorry yesterday didn't go to plan. Just a suggestion, would you like me to put you down as `planned day off ' for yesterday, everyone is allowed one planned day off on the challenge if they need it ?

Kay xx

Hi, well done for sorting internet out for a start... And secondly, I'd like that yes please but I've also got a buffet meal out on Sunday night for my mum and sisters birthday! I was trying to change the place so I can chose a healthy meal but it's a multi cuisine place and there is literally no healthy stuff :( not even a salad bar!!
Il try and eat mainly cook meats that are not covered in tons of sauces etc (il have to double check what plan is for Sunday though)
I so should of started next time lol. But I'm giving it a go!
Had nice salad got lunch :)

Q about carbs... When you say small amount, how small?
Hubby got pork chops out for tonight and we need to use them up so was thinking chops, mash or roasties with lots veg! Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Hi, well done for sorting internet out for a start... And secondly, I'd like that yes please but I've also got a buffet meal out on Sunday night for my mum and sisters birthday! I was trying to change the place so I can chose a healthy meal but it's a multi cuisine place and there is literally no healthy stuff :( not even a salad bar!!
Il try and eat mainly cook meats that are not covered in tons of sauces etc (il have to double check what plan is for Sunday though)
I so should of started next time lol. But I'm giving it a go!
Had nice salad got lunch :)

Q about carbs... When you say small amount, how small?
Hubby got pork chops out for tonight and we need to use them up so was thinking chops, mash or roasties with lots veg! Xx

Hi Jess, Sunday is a day before weigh in and no carbs should be consumed as much as possible, its a RED day, so if you stick to lean meats (skinless) without any calorific sauces you should be fine. Make sure you drink lots of water on Sunday too. For today I take it you are doing an EE day, your tea sounds fine, veggies are good too, but make sure they are not substituting salad, try add some salad to your plate too, the rest of it is perfect ;).

Kay xx

Hi Jess, Sunday is a day before weigh in and no carbs should be consumed as much as possible, its a RED day, so if you stick to lean meats (skinless) without any calorific sauces you should be fine. Make sure you drink lots of water on Sunday too. For today I take it you are doing an EE day, your tea sounds fine, veggies are good too, but make sure they are not substituting salad, try add some salad to your plate too, the rest of it is perfect ;).

Kay xx

Oh that's good then!! Il try my hardest :) most I saw is mainly chicken pieces. Or beef but in different sauces. So it the chicken in curries but up scoop out the chicken pieces ;)

Well I've decided on roasties with it that way salad will go better with it, more of a pork salad and roasties! Xx

Oh that's good then!! Il try my hardest :) most I saw is mainly chicken pieces. Or beef but in different sauces. So it the chicken in curries but up scoop out the chicken pieces ;)

Well I've decided on roasties with it that way salad will go better with it, more of a pork salad and roasties! Xx

Looking forward to the yummy pics Jess, can't wait :p xx

I bought a lettuce today also for my chicken salad for dinner, spinach is a no no! I've tried it and eaten it, just don't like the soggy stodginess when cooked, or its leaf likeness as a salad haha. I'm so fussy! Iceberg lettuce all the way :)

I bought a lettuce today also for my chicken salad for dinner, spinach is a no no! I've tried it and eaten it, just don't like the soggy stodginess when cooked, or its leaf likeness as a salad haha. I'm so fussy! Iceberg lettuce all the way :)

Perfect ! Something you like and something that works with the challenge as well, Iceberg lettuce all the way ! :D On every plate of food this week, hehe xx

Ellejay if you are a fan of quorn like me and you have an Asda near you, they are currently selling the quorn peppered steaks(x2 in a pack) and Chefs Selection jumbo burgers (x2 in a pack), for £1 each :D, I had them last week with my salad, they were super delish ! :p

Kay xx

Mmmmm, thanks hun xx are the jumbo burgers free?!

Just had a lush quorn fillet salad, made my "coleslaw" again, delish :eek: have to be completely honest & say that usually, feeling so cr**py with this cold I would've gone completely off plan, just for the "comfort", so I'm SO glad that the challenge kept me focussed xx

Off for a power walk later on this evening once LO has gone go bed so that I get my exercise in for the day :eek:
XLx

Tomorrow may be a new day, but let's think of a reason why today's great too! xLx

Date: 08/07/14
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of challenge: Week 2 Day 2
Plan: EE
Water intake: 2l
Carbs today: 200g Jacket Potato
Body magic: 45 mins brisk walking
Syns: 4 (so far)
Salad: Pork loin and egg with rocket, chard, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, baby corn, mangetout, pepper, radish, celery

(For the record - I didn't have baked beans with my JP but stuck with tuna, mixed with chopped apple, pepper, celery, carrot and radish and served with salad leaves, beetroot and more tomatoes so that's two salads today!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hope everyone's had a good Day 1 - good luck for Day 2!!

Date:
Tue 08/07/14
Cycle : Turbo Cycle
Plan: Red
Water intake: 3 L
Carbs today: See syns
Body magic/ exercise: walk/jog & tennis (not quite Wimbledon std lol!)
8. Total syns/treat cals: rice 7
9a. Salad 1: chopped bacon, salad leaves, herbs, cherry toms, spring onions, cheese HEA
9b. Salad 2: chicken, rice synned, red pepper, mushrooms, salad leaves, onions

Mmmmm, thanks hun xx are the jumbo burgers free?!

Just had a lush quorn fillet salad, made my "coleslaw" again, delish :eek: have to be completely honest & say that usually, feeling so cr**py with this cold I would've gone completely off plan, just for the "comfort", so I'm SO glad that the challenge kept me focussed xx

Off for a power walk later on this evening once LO has gone go bed so that I get my exercise in for the day :eek:
XLx

Tomorrow may be a new day, but let's think of a reason why today's great too! xLx

Sorry hun ,yep forgot to mention the quorn steaks are free, but the burgers are 2.5 syns each but they are well worth it, nom nom :D xx

Hi Kay, Here is my update for today. Hope that everyone else is going strong. x

DATE: 8/7/14
2.CYCLE : Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 2 Week 2
4. PLAN: Green
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 ltrs
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30 mins. cycling 1 hour walking
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 4
9. SALAD: Quorn Fillet Salad, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onions

1. Date: Tue 08/07/14
2. Cycle : Turbo Cycle
3. Day of challenge: Week 2 Day 2
4. Plan: 'Natural Human Diet'(Paleo Diet}
5. Water intake: 3 Litres
6. Carbs today: None
7. Body magic/ exercise: 4 mile walk
8. Total syns/treat cals: N/A
9. Salad: Lunch-- Sausage salad,mixed leaf salad,toms,cucumber,beetroot,melon.
View attachment 145364

Salad 2 Dinner -- Chilli beef on a bed of mixed leaf salad.(forgot to buy toms etc when I went shopping).

View attachment 145365

Where are the grapes ? :D hehe I love all your salads ! Okay now I'm going to do one with quorn sausages :p you always inspire me :). Well done on a fab DAY 2 hun, your salads look delish as always ! You've done fab with the 4 mile walk too, woohoo ! And smashing on the water. I really hope you get to your target weight on Monday if not more ;).

Kay xx

Date: 08/07/14
Cycle: Get Fit
Plan: EE
Water intake: 2l
Carbs today: 200g Jacket Potato
Body magic: About to go walking as the sun is shining!
Syns: 4 (so far)
Salad: Pork loin and egg with rocket, chard, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, baby corn, mangetout, pepper, radish, celery

(For the record - I didn't have baked beans with my JP but stuck with tuna, mixed with chopped apple, pepper, celery, carrot and radish and served with salad leaves, beetroot and more tomatoes so that's two salads today!)

Oh my, Patty that salad has the most beautiful summer colours, your salads are so pretty looking, delish and nutritious :p . Well done on keeping to one portion of carbs, tuna was a good choice hun, all these small changes will definitely help in the long run ;) . You've done fab on the water again today, hope you enjoy your walk later today and good luck for DAY 3, I know you'll do brill ! :)

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back