NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having massive cravings for a prawn sandwich!!!! Monday...hurry up lol

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm having massive cravings for a prawn sandwich!!!! Monday...hurry up lol Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Roll up a large lettuce leaf with some prawns and very low fat mayo? Ok, not quite the same but just to keep you going? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I spent 20 minutes trying to invent a way to make superfree bread....it's officially impossible lol! Hence the chicken and egg salad above :(

I had prawns with lettuce yesterday...you're right its not the same :) I think I'll start having nightmares about being chased and taunted by bread by the end of today!

Like I told Kay I am going away today and will be back Saturday.

Have a good time and you can fi us in when you return :). I love seeing your photos, your salads always look so colourful. :)

It's taken me a long time to get used to forums on my phone app!!

I spent 20 minutes trying to invent a way to make superfree bread....it's officially impossible lol! Hence the chicken and egg salad above :( I had prawns with lettuce yesterday...you're right its not the same :) I think I'll start having nightmares about being chased and taunted by bread by the end of today! Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

If it's any consolation I had white tiger bread yesterday and can honestly say I didn't enjoy it, would much rather have had salad to be honest!!

Cloudy I think you're right, once I reintroduce it Monday it'll be a shock!

I'm administration on an SW support page on Facebook, I got a right lashing for saying I was challenging myself to no carbs ( I did then lie and say I've had bread etc for healthy Bs twice just to ensure I promote good SW practices) as people were slagging me off saying I was starving myself and it wasn't truly Slimming World!! Last time I share eating two salads a day blimey!! Probably all idiots who can't even do extra easy right. As soon as someone hears you limiting potatoes and pasta they assume you're starving yourself :p

Itss funny tho, I'm not hungry. If I was I'd have messaged kay long before now saying I can't do this anymore I need my pasta snacksn seriously, what is wrong with choosing free foods that aren't carbs?? I Know SW recommends in success express to have a potato..do they??? I'll be curious to find a bit of text saying the 1/3rd free can be purely meat etc.

Stuck two fingers up to the group basically and smiled my way through it and posted today's salad. And they shall shut up wjen I go to weigh in tomorrow and see a good result :).....fingers crossed!!!

The Salad Challenge really proved to me that you don't *need* carbs to get through the day without being hungry, as long as you eat LOTS of salad plus the protein. I shall definitely be eating a lot more in future and be more adventurous with them.

I did text my SW consultant and told him what I was doing, he just text saying 'make sure u have 1/3rd free!' and that was it! Told him I was having 1/3rd meat etc and he didn't say anything about cutting carbs out being bad, maybe he will mention it to me tomorrow, but perhaps a tiny portion now and again of pasta is good, I'm not sure how often I'll go back to an entire plate because I don't think it works for me to lose weight...challenge has definitely had me thinking :)

Your right about not been hungry!! Yes i had a large ish breakfast but I've still not had my lunch yet. Been doing house work and didn't even realize the time!!! So I best get up again and go make a salad. Shame I've not got much left in. Eggs all gone. Fancy cottage cheese but none left... And it's pouring it down with rain since about 5:30am this morning so I am not going out!! X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I did text my SW consultant and told him what I was doing, he just text saying 'make sure u have 1/3rd free!' and that was it! Told him I was having 1/3rd meat etc and he didn't say anything about cutting carbs out being bad, maybe he will mention it to me tomorrow, but perhaps a tiny portion now and again of pasta is good, I'm not sure how often I'll go back to an entire plate because I don't think it works for me to lose weight...challenge has definitely had me thinking :)

Hi Lauren :), there are 2 cycles on the challenge, THE GET FIT cycle has more carb days and works better for people who need their carbs more. As you have seen from last weeks results, lots of people had fab losses on THE GET FIT cycle. I remember at the beginning of the challenge asking you which you would prefer to do and you said TURBO all the way ! I understand that sometimes unless you don't try something you won't know. Also bear in mind the challenges that you did with me before did not have TURBO, TURBO is a new addition, its designed to be tough and its not for everyone. There is no difference in the losses between the 2 cycles, you can lose good amounts on both. Maybe going forward if you are keen to do the challenge again THE GET FIT will work better for you which allows more carbs :).

Kay xx

Thanks hun, just been saying on my diary that I'm enjoying the challenge & doing it with others! It also gives that extra kick to stay on plan xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Glad your enjoying it hun ;).

Kay xx

Todays lunch :)

That looks gorgeous Lauren, well done hun :D I'm going to add that to the motivation board ! :p xx

Like I told Kay I am going away today and will be back Saturday.
I know my lunches will be salads and I can have salad with my dinners.
I will still be drinking 3 litres and doing some exercising.
I just won't be posting as I will only have my phone with me and I find it's a pain trying to view forums on a phone.

My lunch today was Cheese and crispy bacon,toms,lettuce,cucumber,beetroot and strawberries.

Good luck for day 5(Friday) and I will catch up with you all evening of day 6(Saturday). :)

Hi hun :), I really hope you have a fab time away, will miss you on here ;), looking forward to you coming back, and I know you will try and make the right food choices whilst out there :p, will miss your pretty salad pics on here . Have a lovely time ! Oh and your salad looks amazing ! Adding it to the motivation board :D.

Kay xx

I just miss my bread for healthy extra, perhaps I will do that one next week to introduce normal routines as you recommend after doing this :)

I'm not missing it as in climbing the walls, I'm quite happy challenging myself especially as it's only one day to my official weigh in and three full days left with you :)

I'm administration on an SW support page on Facebook, I got a right lashing for saying I was challenging myself to no carbs ( I did then lie and say I've had bread etc for healthy Bs twice just to ensure I promote good SW practices) as people were slagging me off saying I was starving myself and it wasn't truly Slimming World!! Last time I share eating two salads a day blimey!! Probably all idiots who can't even do extra easy right. As soon as someone hears you limiting potatoes and pasta they assume you're starving yourself :p

Itss funny tho, I'm not hungry. If I was I'd have messaged kay long before now saying I can't do this anymore I need my pasta snacksn seriously, what is wrong with choosing free foods that aren't carbs?? I Know SW recommends in success express to have a potato..do they??? I'll be curious to find a bit of text saying the 1/3rd free can be purely meat etc.

Stuck two fingers up to the group basically and smiled my way through it and posted today's salad. And they shall shut up wjen I go to weigh in tomorrow and see a good result :).....fingers crossed!!!

Hi Lauren, I feel its important to address all the points you have raised in the above post so I can further support and help you, and because I want you to do well and so that you get a full understanding of what this challenge is about and going forward you will not have any further doubts or misconceptions or misguidance about the challenge.

In the guidelines I have mentioned that once you come off the challenge it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to maintain your weightloss. This challenge does alternate carbs on different days so its a LOW CARB challenge Lauren, NOT A ZERO CARB CHALLENGE. So when you go back to normal eating, because you would have been having carbs on the challenge, it will not be a shock to the system as you say above. I will back this up with facts for you and others. I have come off the challenge and did not do week 2. I have resumed normal healthy eating and have maintained my loss and have been eating carbs in moderation since I got back. Of course with any plan, not just this challenge, if someone wants to demolish a whole pack of biccys, pizza, burgers and a bread loaf, then it doesn't matter what plan they follow they will gain.

I got a right lashing for saying I was challenging myself to no carbs ( I did then lie and say I've had bread etc for healthy Bs twice just to ensure I promote good SW practices)

As I have mentioned above, this is not a NO CARB challenge, I'm not sure where you have understood this from ? its a LOW CARB challenge. Also to say you had to lie to promote good slimming world practices, I'm not sure what you mean there ? My SW Consultant is aware of my challenge and there is nothing non-sw about it. Let me break this down for you Lauren with facts :-

In the challenge we do the all the points listed below :-

1) Alternate red and green/ee days in the week - tick SW friendly

2) On Green/EE days you can have both your healthy extras - tick SW friendly

3) On RED Days you can have your hexa's but hexb's you have to syn - tick SW friendly

If you are doing a SW Red day and you have used up all your healthy extras then you would normally have to syn anymore if you wanted to use them. I have applied the same rule here, however because this is a low carb challenge, the requirement is to syn hexb's on Red days because you are getting plenty of carbs on your green/ee days.

4) Reduced Syns - tick SW friendly

There are a number of people on the SW plan that reduce their syns on a particular week, it is not compulsory to use all your 15 syns.

5) Water - tick not just SW any healthy eating plan ,water is good for you.

6) Exercise/ Body Magic - tick not just SW any healthy eating plan , exercise is good for you.

people were slagging me off saying I was starving myself and it wasn't truly Slimming World!!

Based on my list above, everything is compatible with SW, the only thing I have changed is to Syn hexb's on Red Days. So I'm not quite sure why you would be starving yourself ? Also you mention about eating 2 salads a day, but that's not all your eating is it ? your plate is packed with protein, chicken fish vegetables beans pulses whatever else you fancy with it. And one salad is only a side. Don't they promote that in SW to eat your superfree with all your meals ?

Probably all idiots who can't even do extra easy right. As soon as someone hears you limiting potatoes and pasta they assume you're starving yourself :p

Again I am not sure where you are getting this all from Lauren ? Potatoes and pasta and Rice are all allowed on the green/ee days and on Red you can syn them, isn't that the same as the SW plan ?

I hope going forward if you have that many concerns over the challenge, its probably best to pm me and I will rectify all your doubts, I'm sure you can appreciate such a post can be misguiding to new people who may want to join this challenge.

I hope you will take the above in positive light :), because that is the way it is ment to be. I know before you mentioned to me that I did not allow you to express your thoughts and feelings, well you have certainly done so in this post and I really appreciate it and thank you Lauren because it has given me an opportunity to rectify any doubts and help others to fully understand what this challenge is about ;).

Kay xx

So excited to start this next week. And of course see everyones losses this week.

Hi Jen :p, looking forward to you joining next week too hun ! :D

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back