NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's another lovely meal Patty, what's in it ? :p

Kay xx

Spinach, chard, red lettuce, lamb's lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, beetroot, orange and red tomatoes and baby pepper with bns (done with Frylight in the airfryer) and a Bird's Eye Inspirations chargrilled fish (lemon, rosemary and thyme version).

Spinach, chard, red lettuce, lamb's lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, beetroot, orange and red tomatoes and baby pepper with bns (done with Frylight in the airfryer) and a Bird's Eye Inspirations chargrilled fish (lemon, rosemary and thyme version).

Thanks so much for sharing Patty, I want to try the Birds eye inspirations range, they look super yummy and that salad looks super delish to go with it ;).

Kay xx

1.DATE: 11th july
2.CYCLE : green
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: week 2 day 5
4. PLAN: get fit
5. WATER INTAKE: 3ltr
6. CARBS TODAY: Had a few chips (will class them as my syns)
7. BODY MAGIC: rest
8. TOTAL SYNS: All syns used on last min meal out :O
9. SALAD: Pork, lettuce, tomatoes, cellery, peppers, cucumber,baby corn Also had a steak, salad and a few chips at the pub. As taken out for dinner. Such a limited menu but good.:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Not long to go now peeps. Keep going. Enjoy your weekends. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

1.DATE: 11th july
2.CYCLE : green
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: week 2 day 5
4. PLAN: get fit
5. WATER INTAKE: 3ltr
6. CARBS TODAY: Had a few chips (will class them as my syns)
7. BODY MAGIC: rest
8. TOTAL SYNS: All syns used on last min meal out :O
9. SALAD: Pork, lettuce, tomatoes, cellery, peppers, cucumber,baby corn Also had a steak, salad and a few chips at the pub. As taken out for dinner. Such a limited menu but good.:)

Yay ! :p Well done Suzy for sticking to plan even whilst being out. Your doing amazingly well . Your water intake is fab too ! Keep it up. I know its the weekend but just 2 more days to the finishing line ! I know you'll see this through :D. Good luck for day 6 and tomorrow eat plenty of salad, try and get lots of fibre in you these last 2 days. I know you'll have a smashing loss on Monday Suzy, just keep going hun ! :)

Kay xx

Not long to go now peeps. Keep going. Enjoy your weekends. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the good wishes bubble :p, we all appreciate it, hope your doing well too lovely :):) .

Kay xx

Night night from me ladies. Those of you posting late tonight, please can you makesure you have read todays updates on the thread, and goodluck for DAY 6 everyone ! :D

Kay xx

Good luck tomorrow; I know weekends can be challenging! X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Morning everyone x day 6 already!! I'm really looking forward to Monday! :D let's hv a great green day. Anyone else use quorn? Would love some new ideas?? :D xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning everyone x day 6 already!! I'm really looking forward to Monday! :D let's hv a great green day. Anyone else use quorn? Would love some new ideas?? :D xLx

Hi Ellejay.
I use quorn quite a lot. Most of my meals are tweaked from the quorn website.
My fave has to be carbonara from the SW webite instead of the meat I use the quorn bacon (check the syns as they are not all free).
The steak strips are free and make great stir frys.
The red onion burgers are good too. With the quorn bacon and cheese in a bun.
Sainsbury's have most of the range now. :D
Hope this helps inspire you x

Hi Ellejay.
I use quorn quite a lot. Most of my meals are tweaked from the quorn website.
My fave has to be carbonara from the SW webite instead of the meat I use the quorn bacon (check the syns as they are not all free).
The steak strips are free and make great stir frys.
The red onion burgers are good too. With the quorn bacon and cheese in a bun.
Sainsbury's have most of the range now. :D
Hope this helps inspire you x

Thanks hun, I tend to forget about their "beef" products, tend to stick to the "chicken", but will definitely be mixing it up this week :eek: thanks xLx

Thanks hun, I tend to forget about their "beef" products, tend to stick to the "chicken", but will definitely be mixing it up this week :eek: thanks xLx

You're welcome. X♥
I've planned a quorn pasta bake for monday. Not made it before so I'll keep you posted. :)
Enjoy mixing it up. Xx:)

Salad Challenge W/B Mon 14th July 2014 :greenapple:

If you would like to join The Salad Challenge next week, please copy paste this post and add your name to the list below :-

- CHUBBYWITCH
- DAISEYBELL18
- ELLEJAY1984
- JENNIECAKES
- JESS<3
- KAY003
- MARIAVON

Here is how everyone did on last weeks challenge :D

Salad Challenge Results June 2014.png
Kay xx

Last edited:

I use it but usually just for chilli con carne - not as interesting as Suzy's ideas! I frylight the quorn with onion and red pepper when it's brown add tinned tomatoes, passatad and tomato puree, then add kidney beans simmer it for about 20 mins to allow flavours to mingle - serve with rice - simple but scrummy I think!

Well Day 6 nearly over - just one more day to go - let's go for it girls!!

DATE: 12/7/14
2.CYCLE : Turbo
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 6
4. PLAN: Greeb
5. WATER INTAKE: 3L
6. CARBS TODAY: none
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 2 hours cutting shrubs in the garden
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 1 syn - sweet chilli sauce
9a. SALAD 1: veg curry, side salad, salad leaves, cherry toms, cucumber
9b. SALAD 2: lamb steak (HEB) salad leaves, grated carrot, celery, uncooked peas, mint leaves, sweet chilli sauce

Date: 12 July 2014
Cycle: Get Fit
Day of challenge: Week 2, Day 6
Plan: Red (An extra Red day because I'm off the challenge tomorrow
Water intake: 2.5l
Carbs: Low; 3 Finn Crisps (Synned)
Body magic: Housework which has included taking things to the tip, necessitating many trip up and down stairs to load the car (we have a 2nd floor flat)
Syns: 6 (so far)
Salad: Salmon, mixed lettuce leaves, beetroot, celery, tomatoes, baby peppers, cucumber and radish.
Dinner may count as a warm salad: bed of iceberg lettuce, Frylighted onions, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes, sliced (free) Quorn sausage, chicken breast and an egg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 34
1. Date: Fri 11/07/14
2. Cycle : Turbo Cycle
3. Day of challenge: Week 2 Day 5
4. Plan: 'Natural Human Diet'(Paleo Diet}
5. Water intake: 3 Litres
6. Carbs today: None
7. Body magic/ exercise: 1 hour
8. Total syns/treat cals: N/A
9. Salad: Lunch-- Ham salad,lettuce,toms,cucumber,grapes,raspberries,salad cream.
View attachment 145890

Salad 2 Dinner -- Rogan Josh with salad.(no pic as it was in a restaurant and I don't do pics when I'm with guests.)No rice or anything else that was on the table. :)

1. Date: Sat 12/07/14
2. Cycle : Turbo Cycle
3. Day of challenge: Week 2 Day 5
4. Plan: 'Natural Human Diet'(Paleo Diet}
5. Water intake: 3 Litres
6. Carbs today: None
7. Body magic/ exercise: 1 hour
8. Total syns/treat cals: N/A
9. Salad: Lunch-- Oxtail tongue salad,lettuce,toms,cucumber,apricots and salad cream.
View attachment 145891

Salad 2 Dinner -- Beefburgers,roasted carrot,onion,peppers.parsnips and lettuce.
View attachment 145892

Well done hun, you've done an amazing day 5 and 6 :p, your salads look delish as always. You've done fab on staying on plan even though you were out. Brill on water and exercise too. I can't believe how quick this week has gone, its day 7 tomorrow already. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do smashing ! :D

Kay xx

Well Day 6 nearly over - just one more day to go - let's go for it girls!!

DATE: 12/7/14
2.CYCLE : Turbo
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 6
4. PLAN: Greeb
5. WATER INTAKE: 3L
6. CARBS TODAY: none
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 2 hours cutting shrubs in the garden
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 1 syn - sweet chilli sauce
9a. SALAD 1: veg curry, side salad, salad leaves, cherry toms, cucumber
9b. SALAD 2: lamb steak (HEB) salad leaves, grated carrot, celery, uncooked peas, mint leaves, sweet chilli sauce

Well done Linda, a fab day 6 ! :p You've done brill on the exercise and water too for TURBO. I'm loving the sound of your steak salad. Just one day left now, exciting ! Good luck for day 7. I'm sure you'll do fab hun ;).

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back