NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
POSTED BY HEL8: :)

Sorry ladies, I've not been feeling to good the last few days, but just about managed to do my salads

Date. 11/7/2014.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 5 week 2.
Plan. Red.
Water intake. 2 litres.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. None.
Syns. Mayo, chocolate.
Salad. Chilli chicken, egg, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, spring onion.

image[1] (2).jpg

Date. 12/7/2014.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 6 week 2.
Plan. Green.
Water intake. 2 litres.
Carbs. Mixed beans.
Body magic. 30 mins walking
Syns. Salad dressing, sweets.
Salad. Mixed beans, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion.

image[1].jpg

Well done for a fab day 5 & 6 Helen ! :D Your salads look beautiful hun, very healthy and nutritious. I hope I updated them correctly for you ;). Looking forward for your post for day 7, I'm sure you've done super ! :p

Kay xx

POSTED BY HAPPYNANNA

Sausage Salad Lemon Sole Salad Feta Cheese and Red Pepper Salad

Hi Kay, As you rightly said the site kept freezing. I reduced the picture size and now it is working. sometimes too well at one point I had about 8 sausage salads here! Think I should lose about 10lbs with all the stress (some hope) Thank you for all your help. Anyway night, night and good luck for day 7 xx

:clap::clap::clap: Wowzers ! Three claps to three yummy looking salads ! Well done HN :D We should have fixed this picture problem a long time ago ! :p Could have got some more yummy salad pics out of you ! Well done hun for all the effort. You've all done amazing this week. I hope you all have a fantastic loss tomorrow ! Looking forward to your day 7 pics now :).

Kay xx

Aww Kay, your a super star, thank you so much for fixing my cockup, I'm so excited about tomorrow's weigh in :scale: Ill post my salad up later. Thanks again my hero :D Xx

Well day 7 is here. Can't believe how fast it's gone. And I can't wait to weigh in!!

Just finished a quick ham and cheese salad before starting to get ready for tonight's meal. I'm so focused on sticking to my plan I've set in place for the food :)
I will be good as much as possible !

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Yay ! That's the spirit ! :D Go Jess ! Whoop ! :party0011::party0011: I'm sure you will do well tonight hun, you've been brill all week, and I hope its a fantastic loss for you in the morning ! Got my fingers crossed for everyone. :p

Kay xx

1. Date: Sun 13/07/14
2. Cycle : Turbo Cycle
3. Day of challenge: Week 2 Day 7
4. Plan: 'Natural Human Diet'(Paleo Diet}
5. Water intake: 3 Litres
6. Carbs today: None
7. Body magic/ exercise: 1 hour
8. Total syns/treat cals: N/A
9. Salad: Lunch-- Beef salad,lettuce,cucumber,toms,yellow pepper,nectarine.
View attachment 145984

Salad 2 Dinner -- Home made meatballs,roasted swede,parsnips,carrot on a bed of lettuce and yellow pepper.
View attachment 145985

I will be weighing in at 4.30am tomorrow and will post it around 8am. :)

Hello hun :), well done on a fantastic Day 7 ! Your salads look amazing as always ! I absolutely love the beef salad, nom nom :p. Both the salads look so pretty on the plate and super delicious ! :D I hope you've enjoyed week 2. You've done brill and I really hope tomorrow morning see's you at target ......or I'll have to hide :hide: :giggle:hehe. No pressure on the bunny then ;).

Kay xx

Evening hun x can't believe wk 1 is over already!! Here's my write up for today:

1.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]DATE: 13/7/14
2.CYCLE : Get Fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 7
4. PLAN: Red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 ltrs
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: None
8. TOTAL SYNS: 6
9. SALAD: Quorn pieces, egg, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, celery and radishes[/QUOTE]

Night hun xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Evening hun x can't believe wk 1 is over already!! Here's my write up for today:

1.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]DATE: 13/7/14
2.CYCLE : Get Fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 7
4. PLAN: Red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 ltrs
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: None
8. TOTAL SYNS: 6
9. SALAD: Quorn pieces, egg, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, celery and radishes

Yay ! Well done Ellejay ! :D Fab day 7 hun and week 1 is over ! You've done amazing this week, considering you weren't well as well, you stuck to it :p. I'm sure all your hard work and effort is going to show tomorrow morning on the scales. Good luck hun ! :)

Kay xx

UPDATE - SUN 13/07/2014

THOSE OF YOU WEIGHING TOMORROW FOR YOUR RESULTS, PLEASE READ THIS ;)

What To Expect From Your Results

Just a quick word from me about your weigh in results every Monday. Please be aware that although we are all doing the same challenge, our bodies work differently and results may vary. The last time we did this challenge we had losses varying from 1lb to 5.5lbs in one week. Please do not feel disheartened if you have not lost as much as the next person, remember we are all different. I cannot guarantee how much each person will lose, not even for myself but I do know if you stick with it you will see a loss. If your result is not as much as you were hoping for, please remember that the number on the scale is not the only thing that is important. There are other factors that can affect your losses like TOTM, all these things should also be taken into consideration. Also you may see good inch losses even if you don't achieve a big number on the scale. The other huge benefit of doing this challenge is the goodness you are giving your body with all the fibre, exercise and water, the health benefits are huge. Some people (like myself) take 2 weeks for the loss to show up, our body sometimes is playing catch up with us. I have had weeks in the past where I have been really good on plan but the scales have not moved but the following week it catches up and its a good number. There are some lucky people where the loss shows up in the same week, we are all different.

So moral of the story is, please don't use the number to measure your Success on the challenge, there are so many other positives that you will come away with, which you must applaud and celebrate for yourself :clap: . I want everyone to be happy on results day :p (which is Mondays on this challenge ), if I see any doom and gloom faces :(, you'll get a flying kick from the bunny :asskick: ! You've all been warned ! :D:D:D

Kay xx

Best of luck with your weigh ins tomorrow everyone. I shall certainly be looking in to applaud you all, for sure you are all going to have great results. :) Kay, more work for you collating and updating but I know you'll get a huge kick out of seeing those results too, thanks again for 'inventing' the Salad Challenge. I'll be doing it again soon, that's for sure. x

Salad Challenge W/B Mon 14th July 2014 :greenapple:

This is the final list for The Salad Challenge W/B Mon 14th July. If you would like to join, you will have to start the following Monday on the 21st July ;).

THE GET FIT CYCLE

- CHUBBYWITCH
- DAISEYBELL18
- ELLEJAY1984
- JENNIECAKES
- JESS<3
- MINNIEMOUSE23

THE TURBO CYCLE

- KAY003
- MARIAVON

Kay xx

Last edited:
Well girls - we've nearly done it - looking forward to my WI (for a change!). Good luck to those of u carrying on for Week 2 or starting the challenge 2moro. I was really hungry today - so just tried to have free food as snacks x

1. Date: Sun 13/07/14
2. Cycle : Turbo Cycle
3. Day of challenge: Week 2 - Day 7
4. Plan: Red
5. Water intake: 3 L
6. Carbs today: see syns
7. Body magic/ exercise: Rest day
8. Total syns: 3 as below in bold text
9a. lamb steak, salad leaves, radish, celery, cherry toms, mint, sweet chilli sauce 2 syns light mayo mixed with rice vinegar - ff yog with dried apricots (HEB)
Tea: warm chicken with salad as above with warm carrots & cabbage 1 syn sweet chilli sauce mixed with rice vinegar, ff yog and raspberries
Snack: ff yog with huge banana (read that they help with water retention - don't want that b4 WI!!)

ss milk in 1 tea and 2 coffees (part HEA)

UPDATE - SUN 13/07/2014

All of you who are weighing tomorrow morning, please can you confirm back to me if I have your details correct for the results spreadsheet tomorrow. Thank you.

Kay xx

NAME / NUMBER OF DAYS ON CHALLENGE

Ellielw - 5
Ellejay - 7
HappyNanna - 7
Hel8 - 7
Jess<3 - 6
NotSoFattyPatty - 6
StillslimmingSuzy - 7
Cavegirl - 7
Laurenypop - 5
Upndown - 7

Last edited:
Hi Kay,

I did try to send you a message but said you had exceeded your inbox;

I did have a question and just want to make sure I have understood, I have to have a salad for one main meal eg lunch or dinner. If it's a red day which I don't usually do as I follow EE I am not aloud any carbs does this include the meal that is not a salad?

UPDATE - SUN 13/07/2014

All of you who are weighing tomorrow morning, please can you confirm back to me if I have your details correct for the results spreadsheet tomorrow. Thank you.

Kay xx

NAME / NUMBER OF DAYS ON CHALLENGE

Ellielw - 4
Ellejay - 7
HappyNanna - 7
Hel8 - 7
Jess<3 - 6
NotSoFattyPatty - 6
StillslimmingSuzy - 7
Cavegirl - 7
Laurenypop - 5
Upndown - 7

Hi Kay - posting this as ur poor old In Box is full!!

Hope u've enjoyed ur day & eating some of the food u'd bought for u and ur sis! U've only got 3 hours to polish it off b4 ur next challenge lol!!

Yes I made it on 7 days this week - thanks again for ur support and hard work xx

Hi Kay,

I did try to send you a message but said you had exceeded your inbox;

I did have a question and just want to make sure I have understood, I have to have a salad for one main meal eg lunch or dinner. If it's a red day which I don't usually do as I follow EE I am not aloud any carbs does this include the meal that is not a salad?

Hi hun :), you will start on The Get Fit Cycle. So you will have one salad a day as a maincourse (not a side to go with your mains) and it should be carb free. Your other meal can have a small amount of carbs, but because this is a low carb challenge, you won't be piling your plate with lots of rice or pasta, just a moderate portion. On Red days you can have all lean meats (skinless), fish and poultry but no carbs ie bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, noodles. Also on Red days you have to syn your hexB's the A's you can have. Hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

UPDATE - SUN 13/07/2014

Reporting your results tomorrow :)

Please can you all make sure you have posted your loss and achievements by 11am tomorrow. I did send a pm to you all about this, but this is just a quick reminder, because I will need time to collate all the data and do the spreadsheet. If anyone reports their loss in the evening then I will not be able to add their loss to the spreadsheet till the evening :rolleyes: so please bare this in mind . Thanks everyone. :)

Kay xx

PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS IF YOU ARE STARTING THE SALAD CHALLENGE TOMORROW :D

UPDATE
- for MON 14/07/2014 - DAY 1 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed today. You should have one Salad as your Maincourse. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 salads in the day. One should be a side salad and one a Maincourse salad. Today is an exercise day, 1 hour minimum. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

UPDATE - SUN 13/07/2014

THE RESULTS SPREADSHEET FOR TOMORROW

ACHIEVEMENTS AFTER THE CHALLENGE :p

In the results spreadsheet which I will post up tomorrow with the group loss, there is a section on `Achievements after The Salad Challenge ' . When you report your losses to me tomorrow morning, please be aware we are not just celebrating the loss but also if you have entered a new stone bracket or if the loss has made you achieve a new stone award. Please make sure you mention this in the morning with your figure, this is very important :).

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back