NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Niamh, good luck for this week hun, I hope you do super :p. Just wanted to add that I kind of let this week go because I have been unwell. I will be back this week on the thread daily, so I need to get back to basics with everyone, which means only one day off in the week according to the guidelines. Is there any chance you can try and do 6 days this week hun ?

Kay xx

Oh I know 3 days off aren't allowed. I'll be off plan on Saturday this week, but apart from that I'll stick to rules

Kay thanks ever so much for doing all the totals etc. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

congrats to all my fellow 'losers!!!'

Happynanna - huge congrats on your new baby grand daughter. Four weeks will fly by and then you will be able to have loads of cuddles.

Good luck to all those participating this week.

Oh I know 3 days off aren't allowed. I'll be off plan on Saturday this week, but apart from that I'll stick to rules

Perfect hun :D, looking forward to all your yummy salad posts this week :p and hope you enjoy your Saturday off ;).

Kay xx

Kay thanks ever so much for doing all the totals etc. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

congrats to all my fellow 'losers!!!'

Happynanna - huge congrats on your new baby grand daughter. Four weeks will fly by and then you will be able to have loads of cuddles.

Good luck to all those participating this week.

Aww thanks hun :), good luck to you too Maisie, hope you do super this week ! :D xx

UPDATED - RESULTS SPREADSHEET FOR THE SALAD CHALLENGE
W/B MON 11/08/2014
:D

Click on Image to Enlarge :p:p

View attachment 150260
Kay xx

Thanks Kay, much appreciate you doing the spreadsheet when I'm sure you should be resting! Hope you are sitting comfortably at least! xx

Thanks Kay, much appreciate you doing the spreadsheet when I'm sure you should be resting! Hope you are sitting comfortably at least! xx

Aww thanks L and for your pm :), your all welcome, I missed not coming on here ;).

Kay xx

Hi

1.DATE: 18th August
2.CYCLE : Get Fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 2, Day 1
4. PLAN: RED
5. WATER: 2 lts
6. CARBS = 0
7. BODY MAGIC: 0
8. Syns: 6
9. Salad = lunch Ham, tomato, cucumber, chinese leaf, pepper, onion, carrots. Mayo = syns

Going home for more salad and a steak. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1408382865258.jpg
    1408382865258.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 30
The only thing I am finding really hard is no hex bs on the red days of the challenge and I am really struggling with this aspect of it.
Other then that I love it and it is really encouraging me to try new foods and combinations

You can have them hun, you just have to syn them on Red. You have 10 syns to play with. I know its tough, the reason its designed this way is so that the low carb days are the Red days and the high carb days are the EE/Green days on which you have to exercise to burn the carbs off. Make sure on your EE/Green days you are getting plenty of carbs so that on your Red days you don't feel deprived ;).

Kay xx

Hi

3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 2, Day 1
5. WATER: 2 lts
6. CARBS = 0
8. Syns: 6
9. Salad = lunch Ham, tomato, cucumber, chinese leaf, pepper, onion, carrots. Mayo = syns

Going home for more salad and a steak. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yay ! :D Well done Suzy ! I am delighted that you are going home to yet another salad ! :p Your ham salad looks delish hun. Well done on the low syns and your water intake. Glad you remembered to take a rest day. What a fab start to the week ! Go Suzy ! :party0011: Good luck for DAY 2 hun, hope you do smashing ! :p

Kay xx

UPDATE - for TUES 19/08/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

So day 1 is done !

3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 1, Day 1
5. WATER: 2 L
6. CARBS = 0
8. Syns: 10
9. Salad = evening meal; 2x boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, spinach, carrot, spring onion, salad cream

Attachments

• 1408392287922.jpg
    1408392287922.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 42
So day 1 is done !

5. WATER: 2 L
6. CARBS = 0
8. Syns: 10
9. Salad = evening meal; 2x boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, spinach, carrot, spring onion, salad cream

Yay ! :D Well done hun smashing DAY 1 ! You hit all your targets ! :p Brilliant ! Your egg salad looks delish ! :) Hope you enjoyed DAY 1, roll on DAY 2, your doing super, keep it up ! :D

Kay xx

5. WATER: 2 L ( am on final glass now!)
6. CARBS = 0
8. Syns: 7 ( half a small boiled potato - picked at without thinking and a very small portion of sugar free crumble)

Salad : lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, pickled onions, pickled beetroot with mint and yogurt dressing. No camera to hand - sorry

It's good to be back and I am amazed at how quickly I got back into the swing of things. Really pleased that I only gained 1/2 lb after two weeks holiday. Must have been all the exercise.

Well done all of you on your losses. If I get a star week it will be a miracle of nature so thankfully won't be joining you.

Fantastic news on the baby front - congratulations

I just read we aren't allowed healthy extras?! Iv tried to find the info but can't, can someone explain pls? If so, I messed up today because I have HEb 2x weetabix and HEa of milk. A bit confused?! X

Hello hun, its ok its only DAY 1 and you are allowed healthy extras, let me explain ;) ...

On the Red days you can have all your HEX A's but from the B list you can only have dried fruit, all your other HEX B's you have to syn, you are allowed up to 10 syns.

On the EE/Green days you can have all your HEX A's and B's plus 10 syns.

Hope this makes sense hun, if not let me know and I will try and explain it again :).

Kay xx

I just read we aren't allowed healthy extras?! Iv tried to find the info but can't, can someone explain pls? If so, I messed up today because I have HEb 2x weetabix and HEa of milk. A bit confused?! X

On red days no healthy extra bs unless you syn them as it is meant to be low carb. You can have your a so the weetabix would be 6 syns out of your 10 syn allowance.

On green/ee days you can have your hex b plus your 10 syns. If you are doing proper green it is 2 x hex b if you are doing ee it is one hex b.
Again you can have your hex a

Hope this helps.

5. WATER: 2 L ( am on final glass now!)
6. CARBS = 0
8. Syns: 7 ( half a small boiled potato - picked at without thinking and a very small portion of sugar free crumble)

Salad : lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, pickled onions, pickled beetroot with mint and yogurt dressing. No camera to hand - sorry

It's good to be back and I am amazed at how quickly I got back into the swing of things. Really pleased that I only gained 1/2 lb after two weeks holiday. Must have been all the exercise.

Well done all of you on your losses. If I get a star week it will be a miracle of nature so thankfully won't be joining you.

Fantastic news on the baby front - congratulations

Well done on a fab DAY 1 DB :D ! It's good to have you back ! :p I'm glad you haven't found it too hard after your holiday and well done for hitting all your targets, :). Your beetroot salad sounds yummy. Hope you enjoyed DAY 1. Good luck for DAY 2, I know you'll do smashing hun. Looking forward to some pics in the week from you :p.

Kay xx

On red days no healthy extra bs unless you syn them as it is meant to be low carb. You can have your a so the weetabix would be 6 syns out of your 10 syn allowance.

On green/ee days you can have your hex b plus your 10 syns. If you are doing proper green it is 2 x hex b if you are doing ee it is one hex b.
Again you can have your hex a

Hope this helps.

Thanks JC :D you all know the plan so well :p xx

Right I'm off to bed, night night, will catch up on remaining posts in the morning. Good luck for DAY 2 ladies :p.

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back