NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kay

I go to the gym as and when I can due to my health and yesterday was a good day !!

I am not going today but like last week I am doing

Red
Red
Green
Green
Red
Green
Red as that fits in best with what I am doing this week including Wednesday night omelette at my mums !

Ok hun I can see there are only 2 days which you have changed differently to the plan, but if for health reasons that works better for you, then that's fine ;). Also try where possible to do the exercise on the ee/green days, if not, no worries as long as you are getting the exercise in, in the week :).

Kay xx

1. DATE: 19th August
2. CYCLE : Get fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 3 Day 2
4. PLAN: green Day
5. WATER INTAKE: 2l(still 2 glasses to drink)
6. CARBS TODAY: new potatoes
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 45 mins walking and umpteen trips up two flights of stairs
8. TOTAL SYNS: 10 Sausage and mayo
9. SALAD: Hard boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery and sweetcorn

View attachment 150479

Hey DB :p PERFECT DAY 2 hun ! Well done on the water and exercise ! Your doing super :). Your egg salad looks scrumptious ! Hope you enjoyed it :p. Good luck for DAY 3, I know you'll do brill ;).

Kay xx

1. DATE: 19[SUP]th[/SUP] August
2.CYCLE : Get fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 2 Day 3
4. PLAN: Red Day
5. WATER INTAKE: very little as it is SW weigh in day
6. CARBS TODAY: fruit and syns
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: none as I wasn't up to it
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 10
9. SALAD: leftover courgette pasta with cauliflower sauce hex a and roast veg a whole little lettuce and tomatoes. I went back for another 5 tomatoes

Syns
All in chocolate due to TOTM

Total 10

Wow JC, I'm loving all the green goodness on your plate :p. Well done hun on a fab DAY 2. Hope your enjoying the challenge in week 2 :). I look forward to your post later tonight ;).

Kay xx

Hi

1.DATE: 19th August
2.CYCLE : Get Fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 2, Day 2
4. PLAN: EE
5. WATER: 2 lts
6. CARBS = 4 new potatoes
7. BODY MAGIC: 0
8. Syns: 6
9. Salad = lunch Quorn, tomato, cucumber, chinese leaf, pepper, onion, carrots. Mayo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Suzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy :D ! Well done hun on a super DAY 2 ! You've hit all your targets but I'm missing your lovely salad pics ;). Good luck for DAY 3, I know you'll do fab !

Kay xx

Tuesday update :D

1.DATE: 19th August
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 3, Day 2
4. PLAN: Green
5. WATER: 2L NAS squash, 750ml sparkling water, normal coffees
6. CARBS: I had Quorn mini kievs for dinner, so just whatever coating is on them
7. BODY MAGIC: Legs aren't great this week, so actually resting up more than usual!
8. Syns: 5
9. Salad = chopped up Quorn hotdogs (1 syn), chopped peppers, apples, onion, rocket. Laughing cow light from Hex A

Hey Niamh :p well done on a fab DAY 2. You've hit all your targets. Sorry you were unable to do your body magic, hope your legs are feeling better now and your able to catch up on some body magic later in the week ;). Your quorn hotdogs and salad sound so yummy :p. Hope your enjoying the challenge. Good luck for DAY 3 hun :).

Kay xx

Good luck for DAY 3 everyone, hope you all do smashing ! Looking forward to your posts later ! :D

Kay xx

UPDATE - Wed 20/08/2014 :)

Please can the following members update their posts for the challenge this week :-

- CHUBBYWITCH - DAY 1, DAY 2
- CLOVER89 - DAY 2

Thanks Kay ;) xx

Ok hun I can see there are only 2 days which you have changed differently to the plan, but if for health reasons that works better for you, then that's fine ;). Also try where possible to do the exercise on the ee/green days, if not, no worries as long as you are getting the exercise in, in the week :).

Kay xx

I am hoping to exercise tonight and tomorrow and then that is me done for the week bar the odd walk here and there.

Kay I keep meaning to ask is this an official SW plan like success express ? Or is it something you came up with ? I wasn't sure uf you had spoken to SW head office or your consultant about it

Does a fruit salad count Kay? Fancy something sweet for lunch and have a load of fruit I could cut up.

Would a small yogurt tipped over it be cheating?

I am hoping to exercise tonight and tomorrow and then that is me done for the week bar the odd walk here and there.

Kay I keep meaning to ask is this an official SW plan like success express ? Or is it something you came up with ? I wasn't sure uf you had spoken to SW head office or your consultant about it

JC I have always followed SW and have lost 5.5 stones on my journey so far. So SW is what I work with. However this challenge is not limited to anyone just following SW, it can also work for others who are not on the SW plan. In terms of my background I have explained that in the guidelines and how I came up with challenge idea, it is covered in section 10. The moderators on mins have also checked it through and I have made special efforts to make sure it meets all healthy requirements.

If you have any other questions about the challenge, please feel free to post them on here or pm me, I have been running them for over a year now and am happy that its working to help others towards their weightloss goals :).

Kay xx

Does a fruit salad count Kay? Fancy something sweet for lunch and have a load of fruit I could cut up.

Would a small yogurt tipped over it be cheating?

hehe cheeky Niamh :p. If you were doing the Turbo Cycle then I would say fruit salad is ok for your 2nd salad of the day, but for GET FIT, it needs to be a main salad since you only have one in the day. By all means you can still go ahead and eat your fruit and yogurt, but you will still need to have some leafy greens in the day, to add to your fibre intake. Hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

If you don't ask, you don't get, eh Kay? ;)

No worries, I'll make sure to get my leafy green salad into me at lunch, and have the fruit later today after my dinner.

JC I have always followed SW and have lost 5.5 stones on my journey so far. So SW is what I work with. However this challenge is not limited to anyone just following SW, it can also work for others who are not on the SW plan. In terms of my background I have explained that in the guidelines and how I came up with challenge idea, it is covered in section 10. The moderators on mins have also checked it through and I have made special efforts to make sure it meets all healthy requirements.

If you have any other questions about the challenge, please feel free to post them on here or pm me, I have been running them for over a year now and am happy that its working to help others towards their weightloss goals :).

Kay xx

Thanks for the explanation I was just curious. I have been with SW now for 3 years and I am still learning stuff and this challenge has really made me think about what I eat and has got be back on track. But if the weather stays this cold I will be swapping salad for soup !!

You are really dedicated and it shows

Wednesday update

1.DATE: 20th August
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 3, Day 3
4. PLAN: Red
5. WATER: 2L
6. CARBS: 0
7. BODY MAGIC: Loads of walking. Not planned exercise but might as well get the credit for it!
8. Syns: 10
9. Salad = cream cheese, (Hexa) lettuce, tomato, celery and peach. Sorry no photo today.

Thanks for the explanation I was just curious. I have been with SW now for 3 years and I am still learning stuff and this challenge has really made me think about what I eat and has got be back on track. But if the weather stays this cold I will be swapping salad for soup !! You are really dedicated and it shows

This challenge has also put me back on track, Jaffacake. Eating salad is quite difficult to foul up and it does take ages to chomp through, meaning I don't feel hungry later. The big thing for me is the fluid intake. Normally I never drink more than 500ml a day. Not a recent thing as I was like it as a child. This forces me to drink up even though I feel as though I'm drowning!

This challenge has also put me back on track, Jaffacake. Eating salad is quite difficult to foul up and it does take ages to chomp through, meaning I don't feel hungry later. The big thing for me is the fluid intake. Normally I never drink more than 500ml a day. Not a recent thing as I was like it as a child. This forces me to drink up even though I feel as though I'm drowning!

I really hope you don't feel like your drowning hun :eek::p, please make sure you space out your water intake during the day (as set out in the guidelines), that's very important for health reasons ;).

Kay xx

Thanks for the explanation I was just curious. I have been with SW now for 3 years and I am still learning stuff and this challenge has really made me think about what I eat and has got be back on track. But if the weather stays this cold I will be swapping salad for soup !!

You are really dedicated and it shows

Yes indeed :p I run a soup challenge too which will be starting in October :D. The Salad Challenge runs from April to September and The Soup Challenge is for the winter months from October to March. I am currently pimping that one up, it will start in October and will have some similarities to this one but its not just about swopping salad for soup, there will be a lot more to it than that ;).

Kay xx

I really hope you don't feel like your drowning hun :eek::p, please make sure you space out your water intake during the day (as set out in the guidelines), that's very important for health reasons ;). Kay xx

Don't worry! I do space it out but I still can't get used to the feeling of water sloshing around inside me. Next week on turbo will be the real challenge!

That was something that surprised me when I did the challenge first time around. I thought I'd be hungry but I just wasn't, not at all. After chomping through all the greenery (and red, yellow and orangery lol) I'd not even need an afternoon snack - most unlike me!
I've kept up with the drinking at least 2litres too, even after the challenge finished for me, as the benefits are just so good and you DO get used to it, honestly.
I had a sandwich for lunch yesterday and I'd had a roll for lunch the day before... but I actually missed my salads so today I had this.

quorn.jpg

Quorn peppered steak and yes... salad! Really enjoyed it too. :D

Don't worry! I do space it out but I still can't get used to the feeling of water sloshing around inside me. Next week on turbo will be the real challenge!

Phew ! You got the bunny worried DB, I was on high alert, ready to dive in, put my life jacket on for ya ! :D hehe xx

images.jpg images1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back