NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE - for THURS 21/07/2014 - DAY 4 OF CHALLENGE :p

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 4

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 4

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today you need to do 1 hour of exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns maximum.

That was something that surprised me when I did the challenge first time around. I thought I'd be hungry but I just wasn't, not at all. After chomping through all the greenery (and red, yellow and orangery lol) I'd not even need an afternoon snack - most unlike me!
I've kept up with the drinking at least 2litres too, even after the challenge finished for me, as the benefits are just so good and you DO get used to it, honestly.
I had a sandwich for lunch yesterday and I'd had a roll for lunch the day before... but I actually missed my salads so today I had this.

View attachment 150618

Quorn peppered steak and yes... salad! Really enjoyed it too. :D

Thanks for sharing with everyone L, your salad looks super delish and I'm glad your still taking the good elements from the challenge forward even though your not on it this week, your truly inspiring ! Well done hun ! :p

Kay xx

UPDATE - Wed 20/08/14 :D

THE SOUP CHALLENGE - OCT to MAR

untitled.jpg

Hi everyone :wavey:,

Just a quick update from me. I will be running 2 challenges every year for 6 months. The Salad Challenge will run from April to Sept in the summer months and The Soup Challenge will run from October to March, in the winter months.

I am currently updating The Soup Challenge thread (the old one I have asked the mods to close down). The new one will go live from W/B Mon 29th September. The last week for The Salad Challenge will be 22nd September 2014. Only one more month of salad munching folks ! :D I look forward to you all joining me on The Soup Challenge in a months time ;).

Kay xx

Evening everyone :), I will catch up on your posts for DAY 3 tomorrow morning, I'm having an early night. Hope you all had a good day. Good luck for DAY 4, speak to you all tomorrow ;).

Kay xx

Hi Kay, Count me in for the soup challenge as well It looks Souper sorry :4633:that was awful xx

...no your joke was SUE-per !!! hehe :D xx

1. DATE: 20[SUP]th[/SUP] August
2.CYCLE : Get fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 2 Day 4
4. PLAN: Green Day
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5 litres
6. CARBS TODAY: fruit and syns hex bs and boiled potatoes
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30mins in gym
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 10
9. SALAD: whole mini lettuce tomatoes mushrooms onions gherkins cucumber quorn fillets ryvita hex b lactofree cheese hex a

Syns
Sweets 4
Chocolate 6

Total 10

Attachments

• 1408567204275.jpg
    1408567204275.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 25
1. DATE: 20th Aug
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 3 Day 3
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 litres NAS squash, 1 litre sparkling water
6. CARBS TODAY: none
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: none
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 3.5
9. SALAD: egg salad- egg, peppers, apple, mixed leaves, laughing cow from hex a

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

Hi.
Sorry I'm late. :(

I think I should record today as a holiday.

I was fine until I got home to my mum deciding as it was her birthday we were having a family meal. So she picked a pub with nothing healthy on the menu.

I had steak with grilled mushrooms and tomatoes with chips. (No starter or pudding ) left half the chips.

Oh and there was no cake as mum doesn't like it and is allergic to nuts. Drove so I had diet coke to minimise the damage. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Kay, think I'm going to give the salad challenge a go next week. I need more red days in my life and the challenges really help me incorporate them (plus it gives me an excuse to make a meatza!) I'm also really looking forward to the soup challenge again in October and I'm excited to see what changes you've made to it!

Hi Kay, think I'm going to give the salad challenge a go next week. I need more red days in my life and the challenges really help me incorporate them (plus it gives me an excuse to make a meatza!) I'm also really looking forward to the soup challenge again in October and I'm excited to see what changes you've made to it!

Yay ! :D I was just about to post up the list of names for next week, I'm starting next week too :p. Looking forward to doing the challenge together, woohoo ! :p Also everyone gets one day off in the week, if you have any planned days out, just let me know nearer the time and I will make adjustments accordingly for you. Yep I think in October when the clocks go back we will have perfect soup weather ! :D

Kay xx

1. DATE: 20[SUP]th[/SUP] August
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 2 Day 4
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5 litres
6. CARBS TODAY: fruit and syns hex bs and boiled potatoes
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 30mins in gym
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 10
9. SALAD: whole mini lettuce tomatoes mushrooms onions gherkins cucumber quorn fillets ryvita hex b lactofree cheese hex a

Syns
Sweets 4
Chocolate 6

Total 10

Well done JC :p fab DAY 4 hun ! We are now halfway through the week, woohoo ! :D Well done on hitting all your targets ! Your salad looks delicious, hope you enjoyed it too :). Good luck for DAY 5 hun, your doing fab in week 2, I know you'll do super on Monday ! :p

Kay xx

1. DATE: 20th Aug
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 3 Day 3
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 litres NAS squash, 1 litre sparkling water
6. CARBS TODAY: none
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: none
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 3.5
9. SALAD: egg salad- egg, peppers, apple, mixed leaves, laughing cow from hex a

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

Yay ! :D Well done Niamh, I see the fruit salad is now an egg salad :p woohoo ! Egg salad is one of my favs, nom nom. You've done brill on your daily targets and the low syns and water intake is fab :), I can tell you really want that loss this week ! :D Good luck for DAY 5 looking forward to your post later ;).

Kay xx

I had a fantastic result at my official SW weigh in yesterday.
Details are in my diary which is in my signature.

I encourage anyone needing a shake up inspiration or a kick up the backside try it for a week and see how you get on.

Aww thanks hun :), you have done fabulously so far on the challenge JC and have worked really hard. I hope you have a smashing loss on Monday too ! :D

Kay xx

Hi.
Sorry I'm late. :(

I think I should record today as a holiday.

I was fine until I got home to my mum deciding as it was her birthday we were having a family meal. So she picked a pub with nothing healthy on the menu.

I had steak with grilled mushrooms and tomatoes with chips. (No starter or pudding ) left half the chips.

Oh and there was no cake as mum doesn't like it and is allergic to nuts. Drove so I had diet coke to minimise the damage. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello lovely :), I managed to catch up on your diary. Mums birthday should indeed be celebrated ! :p Sound like you all had some yummy food and a fab time ! Well done for resisting those chippys Suzy ! :D I have put you down as day off. Good luck with DAY 5, hope you do smashing ! ;)

Kay xx

Think I am being a bit dim, but is today not Day 4?

Erm...yes :eek: sorry peeps its too early in the morning for me :rolleyes: :D, well done Niamh ! at least someones awake :giggle: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back