NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening everyone :), I will be catching up on posts for DAY 1 in the morning. Good luck for DAY 2, here is the update for tomorrow. Night night ;).

Kay xx

UPDATE - for TUES 26/08/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

Evening ladies, here's today's plan.

Date. 25/8/14.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 1.
Plan. Red.
Water. 2lts.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. None.
Syns. 10 - Salad cream, sweets.
Salad. Ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, red pepper.
image.jpg

What happens when you try to post the pics Sue? Are you using a computer/laptop or a phone when you have problems?

Oh dear you had to ask lol I'm on a laptop. I've reduced the size of the pictures, to a size that worked before. I've closed all other tabs.
I click on the insert image icon at top of mm post. Then I press " from computer". Then basic uploader. Then press browse. Select the picture. Press upload files. The upload file icon just "bounces" and does nothing. This has happened before and sometimes I get 6 or 7 pictures of salads come up, but this time nothing. I think I am doomed :D

Evening everyone :), I will be catching up on posts for DAY 1 in the morning. Good luck for DAY 2, here is the update for tomorrow. Night night ;).

Kay xx

UPDATE - for TUES 26/08/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal must be carb free and a Salad Maincourse. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to eat 2 Salads in the day. One should be a Side Salad and one a Maincourse Salad. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

Oh. Crap.. I've got everything ready for a red day. I will have to do two red together. I'll still do the body majic tomorrow. But my salad is made already and my fake syn free lassagne defrosing. :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Definitely in the groove today. 30 mins kettlebells done and food in for red day on turbo. Now where is that water jug.......l

Like the sound of fake lasagne - can you enlighten us?

Definitely in the groove today. 30 mins kettlebells done and food in for red day on turbo. Now where is that water jug.......l

Hi. Daisybell.

My lassagne is tweaked from the hairy bikers book.
Bolognese tinned tomatoes minced beef, pork and loads of finely diced veg layered with white sauce ( blended cottage cheese, egg and seasoning) then blanched leeks cut lengthways for the pasta sheets. Topped with HEA of cheese. Then baked.
Syn free and packed with speed foods.
Will post a pic later. Xx

Hi. Daisybell.

My lassagne is tweaked from the hairy bikers book.
Bolognese tinned tomatoes minced beef, pork and loads of finely diced veg layered with white sauce ( blended cottage cheese, egg and seasoning) then blanched leeks cut lengthways for the pasta sheets. Topped with HEA of cheese. Then baked.
Syn free and packed with speed foods.
Will post a pic later. Xx

I keep seeing this around and really want to try it. Might try and convince OH to have some next week. Haven't had lasagne for ages.

1 litre of water done already.

I keep seeing this around and really want to try it. Might try and convince OH to have some next week. Haven't had lasagne for ages.

1 litre of water done already.

I made it a few weeks ago for some freinds and they preferred it to pasta lassagne. Just make sure the Bolognese mix has cooled and the leeks are well blanched before layering everything up. X

Well done on the water so far. :)

Well done to all those who completed the challenge this week and good luck to those about to start!

Your such a fab supporter Sammy :D thanks hun xx

Hi Kay, Looking forward to this weeks challenge

1.DATE: 25/08/14
2.CYCLE : Turbo
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Week 6 Day 1
4. PLAN: RED
5. WATER: 3Ltrs.
6. CARBS: None
7. BODY MAGIC: 1 hour exercise bike. Too foggy and wet outside today.
8. Syns: 1.5 mayonnaise
9. Salad 1 Egg mayo, cress, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber
Salad 2 Beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion

Sorry no pics. I'm still unable to post them. Have picture of Chloe ready as well :cry:Will have to ask xTinkerbellyx for help. Perhaps she has a mallet handy ha ha

...I've been meaning to ask, who is Tinkerbelly ? :p

...also Sue if you try refreshing the page hun your pics might load, it normally works for me. Can't wait to see pics of baby Chloe on my diary :D.

Fab DAY 1 hun ! :) Well done for hitting all your targets ! Both your salads sound delish. Good luck with DAY 2, looking forward to your post later ;).

Kay xx

Evening ladies, here's today's plan.

Date. 25/8/14.
Cycle. Get fit.
Day of challenge. Day 1.
Plan. Red.
Water. 2lts.
Carbs. None.
Body magic. None.
Syns. 10 - Salad cream, sweets.
Salad. Ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, red pepper.
View attachment 151273

Yay ! She's back ! :D Loving the salad pic Helen :p it looks super yummy. So good to have you back on the challenge with us :). I hope your gonna do the Soup one too in October ;). Well done on hitting all your targets on DAY 1. I want some of that ham salad, hehe :p. Good luck for DAY 2 hun, looking forward to your post later.

Kay xx

Oh dear you had to ask lol I'm on a laptop. I've reduced the size of the pictures, to a size that worked before. I've closed all other tabs.
I click on the insert image icon at top of mm post. Then I press " from computer". Then basic uploader. Then press browse. Select the picture. Press upload files. The upload file icon just "bounces" and does nothing. This has happened before and sometimes I get 6 or 7 pictures of salads come up, but this time nothing. I think I am doomed :D

lol :D your not doomed and neither is the camera being thrown out to sea ! :p This is what I figures happens on mins with pics and it took me a while to figure this out ...I use mins from my laptop too, say if you have just posted something on mins, anything could be any post, then straight after you type another post, the one with your pics, notice when you try and upload after posting something before, it wont let you, the only way around it is to refresh your page then try again and it should work.

The difference is, say if you've just logged into mins and your first post is with pics, it will work, but if its not your first post and you replied to something else and then want to continue posting with pics, because its not your first post it wont let you unless you refresh the page, then it treats it like a brand new post.

Wow I hope that all made sense ! :D hehe So the moral of the story is everytime you want to post pics, make sure just before starting you refresh your page and it should work. If you refresh the page and start replying to other posts and then get back to your pics it will not work, make sure you upload your pics straight after you refresh you page. Hope this helps :).

Kay xx

Oh. Crap.. I've got everything ready for a red day. I will have to do two red together. I'll still do the body majic tomorrow. But my salad is made already and my fake syn free lassagne defrosing. :-(

lol :D Suzy you are well and truly a TURBO candidate this week :p hehe. Want to give it a go ? or if you want to stay on GET FIT that's fine too hun, have today as Red and tomorrow as Green, as long as the ratio of days in the week are the same it should be fine, just let me know what you decide ;).

Kay xx

Woohoo ! :D Well done on the exercise and water hun, you sound well and truly in the zone ! its infectious ! :p Keep up the good energy. Hope your enjoying your salads :), looking forward to your posts later !

Kay xx

I made it a few weeks ago for some freinds and they preferred it to pasta lassagne. Just make sure the Bolognese mix has cooled and the leeks are well blanched before layering everything up. X

Well done on the water so far. :)

Suzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy ! :D We want pics later please :drool: the bunny loves lasagne ! :p xx

Hmmm I think I've caught up now :p, have a lovely day everyone and good luck for DAY 2, I'm looking forward to your posts later ;).

Kay xx

lol :D Suzy you are well and truly a TURBO candidate this week :p hehe. Want to give it a go ? or if you want to stay on GET FIT that's fine too hun, have today as Red and tomorrow as Green, as long as the ratio of days in the week are the same it should be fine, just let me know what you decide ;).

Kay xx

O.k Kay
Turbo fits in with me for this week.
Will have to go back to get fit next week as am doing overtime. Xx

Hi

As prommised my syn free on red lasagne.

Bolognese mix, layered with white sauce (blended cottage cheese with an egg) blanched leeks ( cut length ways - to make sheets). Topped with HE A of cheese and baked. :)

Attachments

• 1409071212133.jpg
    1409071212133.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
Hi. Daisybell. My lassagne is tweaked from the hairy bikers book. Bolognese tinned tomatoes minced beef, pork and loads of finely diced veg layered with white sauce ( blended cottage cheese, egg and seasoning) then blanched leeks cut lengthways for the pasta sheets. Topped with HEA of cheese. Then baked. Syn free and packed with speed foods. Will post a pic later. Xx Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks. Love the idea of leeks instead of lasagne. Ingenious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back