New Me, New Diary! Maintenance Begins

I think the idea of legalising foods is a good one. If I can't have something it makes me want it more.

This method certainly allows allows all foods, but you use some common sense as it's kinda good feeling healthy.

I'm going to start experimenting slowly, with just small amounts of treats laying around the kitchen. I think if I bought mountains of chocolate I may go crazy
That's what I did, but if you use BC, then you'll need to fill your house with everything. I don't even want to start going into why I have a problem with this, but as I said before, be aware that BC and this method are in complete conflict with each other.

You can't do a bit of one and a bit of the other. It just doesn't work that way.

Guess it's a case of trying both and seeing which one suits :)

This method certainly allows allows all foods, but you use some common sense as it's kinda good feeling healthy.

The food I enjoy to eat, isn't the food I use to binge on. I happily eat healthy foods, I love fruit and veg, my favourite meals on the whole contain fish or chicken, and I keep my portion sizes quite small. Since starting CD I have tried foods I thought I didn't like, things like feta cheese, cottage cheese and couscous to name a few. Much to my surprise I love them too. I'd rather have a plate of feta and red onion couscous with salad, than fish and chips for example. If I get the desire to binge however it has to be foods that I feel guilty about, like chocolate and crisps, toast dripping in butter and jam. This is the bit that dosen't make sense to me, if I am hungry I go for the healthy option, if I get a desire, I go for the unhealthy option. Don't get me wrong I like the taste of chocolate etc. but I only ever eat it when I binge. My binges are always at night, never have been in the day, I didn't eat choc or crisps during the day pre diet, only at night in secret.

I honestly think I have guilt issues which I deal with or not as the case maybe, with food.

Lol I've read that back and I sound like a crazy woman as it seems very contradictive in places. I'm like a Jekyll and Hyde, by day a lettuce loving lady and by night a carb crunching crank:rolleyes:

I've tried to explain this as honestly and best I can, I hope it makes sense:confused:

That's what I did, but if you use BC, then you'll need to fill your house with everything. I don't even want to start going into why I have a problem with this, but as I said before, be aware that BC and this method are in complete conflict with each other.

As I said to Jan, I don't think I'm ready to fill my house with chocolate and crisps. I am ready and willing to have a small treat every evening, but make sure the treat I buy is big enough to leave in the fridge etc. and will be meant to last me several evenings. That way temptation will be around me, but if I give in to the desires I won't be able to do much damage with regard a weight gain. If however I have a vast amount and I can't keep control, I know from past experiences that I can consume a great deal.

You can't do a bit of one and a bit of the other. It just doesn't work that way.

Guess it's a case of trying both and seeing which one suits :)

I've ordered BC now and am interested in what the book has to say, there may be the odd comment that'll hit a nerve with me. I intend to stay with your methods and see how things go.

I didn't buy the profiteroles tonight, but I did buy 2 blocks of dark hazlenut chocolate instead. Only huge dome of profiteroles left, so chocolate seemed the safer option as it won't go off.

I decided I'd have 4 squares of it whilst watching tv after the kids had gone to bed. I enjoyed it and it tasted good, wanted to go and get some more but didn't:) The urge to have it now has passed and I'm happily awaiting another 4 squares tomorrow evening.

Tracey
x

The food I enjoy to eat, isn't the food I use to binge on.
Yes, it's strange that isn't it. I reckon that unrefined carbs, sugar etc has a more addictive quality.

I think there is possibly a chemical reason for this, but it may be that it's the type of foods we associate with having a good time.

My binges are always at night, never have been in the day, I didn't eat choc or crisps during the day pre diet, only at night in secret.
Remember that the AD is learnt behaviour. When are we most likely to learn it? Whilst we are busy during the day, or when we sit down at night, relaxed and watching television. A hard day means we should be able to reward ourselves.

Interestingly, I've found that regardless of whether I've had a hard day or not, the binging tends to be at night. So I reckon it's the cues I'm getting during that time of day with set off the AD.
I honestly think I have guilt issues which I deal with or not as the case maybe, with food.
And we feel guilty eating inappropriately. Why should we feel guilty? I think it's because we involve others in our own behaviour. We try to do this for other people. Not necessarily to be slim so they are proud of us, but because we worry about how they will view us. This is one of the reasons that you have to sort out who you are doing this for.

Of course, as with BC etc, there are no illegal foods. It's not a case of saying 'I musn't have', but rather 'Ive chosen not to have' or 'I've chosen to eat it'. It is always your choice, but you need to know what you are chosing. I have chosen to eat too much even though I will gain weight, rather than I have eaten too much...oh crap!'

I've tried to explain this as honestly and best I can, I hope it makes sense:confused:
It makes loads of sense. Could have written it myself.
I am ready and willing to have a small treat every evening, but make sure the treat I buy is big enough to leave in the fridge etc. and will be meant to last me several evenings. That way temptation will be around me, but if I give in to the desires I won't be able to do much damage with regard a weight gain.
Yeee. You've got it :cool:

I decided I'd have 4 squares of it whilst watching tv after the kids had gone to bed. I enjoyed it and it tasted good, wanted to go and get some more but didn't:) The urge to have it now has passed and I'm happily awaiting another 4 squares tomorrow evening.
Excellent. It's great to have that control. Does it make you feel deprived, or strong? It's there for whenever you choose. Just be aware of what you are chosing;)

Morning peeps,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the ongoing discussion here. For someone like me nearing goal (Only 1st 11lb to go :eek:) I am really grateful to be getting some insight into the challenges I may face when beginning maintenance along with advice and ideas of how to deal with the challenges.

I finally forced myself to clear out my wardrobe last night - I have bagged up (3 bags :eek:) all the clothes that are too big ready to go to charity. I was totally ruthless (no pun intended) and my wardrobe is now only about 1/4 full - I was tempted to keep a couple of my favorite too-big tops "just in case" but they are now packed up with the rest.

I am seeing a friend today that I have not seen since the beginning of June - I am really excited about catching up :D. She loves clothes shopping so I am going to drag her with me to buy more clothes today as I am once more running out of things to wear that fit :cool:. I won't go overboard though as I am aiming to be shrinking out of the 16's by mid-end sept - bit of a scary thought really as I have never been smaller than a 16 before.

Tracey, I hope Kim and Cameron had a good time away. I loved your comment " I'm like a Jekyll and Hyde, by day a lettuce loving lady and by night a carb crunching crank:rolleyes:" are you sure we haven't met as you have described me perfectly!!!!

Oh - and WI this morning and 4lb off this week so I am no officially out of the teens :D.

I hope you have a great day all and the sun shines on us all xx

Interestingly, I've found that regardless of whether I've had a hard day or not, the binging tends to be at night. So I reckon it's the cues I'm getting during that time of day with set off the AD.
And we feel guilty eating inappropriately. Why should we feel guilty? I think it's because we involve others in our own behaviour. We try to do this for other people. Not necessarily to be slim so they are proud of us, but because we worry about how they will view us. This is one of the reasons that you have to sort out who you are doing this for.

I didn't have to have a bad day either.

I read your other thread with regards who we are dieting for, and that's hard to answer. I do know I'm not doing it entirely for myself as my appearance is important to me, mainly because of my own vanity:eek: but also because I want to be attractive to other people also 9is that still my own vanity:confused:). Anyway, I had come to a point in my relationship with my husband that I didn't have any libido at all. Hubby unfortunately thought this was because I didn't find him attractive any more. I hid for a couple of years my real reasons. I would actually cry afterwards as I felt so ugly (always into my pillow when he'd gone to sleep so he didn't know), during the event all I could do was think how my rolls of fat were repulsive and how could he love me whilst I looked that way. I must add he never made me feel this way, he's always been attentive and of course I was overweight when I met him, just a bit more so after having the children. Infuriatingly he would always tell me I looked great.

Since I've lost weight, libido is back in full swing and I've been honest with Scott about how I felt and now feel. He told me he knew I sometimes cried:eek::eek:

So have I done it for Scott:confused:, maybe in the beginning my warped mind told me I was. But he hasn't changed his attitude to me at all, still as attentive as ever. It's made me realise that all the negative thoughts I have with regards to me, make me believe that other people see me that way too, which of course is crap! Now a bit of self esteem and self confidence is appearing in my head, I see things a bit clearer:) Well sometimes:rolleyes:;)

It makes loads of sense. Could have written it myself.

What a compliment:D

Yeee. You've got it :cool:

:):) Got a good teacher!

Excellent. It's great to have that control. Does it make you feel deprived, or strong? It's there for whenever you choose. Just be aware of what you are chosing;)[/quote]

Yes I feel I've gained some control back, and definately feel stronger for that.:character00238:

Morning peeps,

:):):)Morning Ruth

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the ongoing discussion here. For someone like me nearing goal (Only 1st 11lb to go :eek:) I am really grateful to be getting some insight into the challenges I may face when beginning maintenance along with advice and ideas of how to deal with the challenges.

Not long for you now, how wonderful!!!!!!!! I really hope this head stuff helps you Ruth, it's helping me:)

I finally forced myself to clear out my wardrobe last night - I have bagged up (3 bags :eek:) all the clothes that are too big ready to go to charity. I was totally ruthless (no pun intended) and my wardrobe is now only about 1/4 full - I was tempted to keep a couple of my favorite too-big tops "just in case" but they are now packed up with the rest.

It is hard isn't it, getting rid of the old us! I've done that too though (something I never did on any other diet) Before I've never thrown out anything just in case the weight creeps back on. I don't know why this time was different:confused: But it's all gone and for the first time I have a lovely fashionable wardrobe:) Only downside is my daughter Kim keeps pinching my jeans:rolleyes:

I am seeing a friend today that I have not seen since the beginning of June - I am really excited about catching up :D. She loves clothes shopping so I am going to drag her with me to buy more clothes today as I am once more running out of things to wear that fit :cool:. I won't go overboard though as I am aiming to be shrinking out of the 16's by mid-end sept - bit of a scary thought really as I have never been smaller than a 16 before.

I used to hate shopping for clothes, in fact I didn't go much only if I actually needed something. Now it's an exciting experience, rather than a depressing one!

It's a great feeling fitting into clothes that we thought we'd never wear or more to the point look nice in! I found it very emotional though, had a bit of a cry:rolleyes:

Hope you have a great day and find some nice new stuff. Are the sales still on?

Oh - and WI this morning and 4lb off this week so I am no officially out of the teens :D.

You're doing wonderfully, well done Ruth:D:D:D

I hope you have a great day all and the sun shines on us all xx

Have a great day too, weather is lovely here, afternoon at the beach is called for I think:)

Tracey
x

So have I done it for Scott:confused:, maybe in the beginning my warped mind told me I was. But he hasn't changed his attitude to me at all, still as attentive as ever. It's made me realise that all the negative thoughts I have with regards to me, make me believe that other people see me that way too, which of course is crap! Now a bit of self esteem and self confidence is appearing in my head, I see things a bit clearer:) Well sometimes:rolleyes:;)
It's hard to get the head around isn't it, but it's worth the effort. You didn't do it for Scott, but you did do it because of a lack of self esteem, a false reasoning. Because of how you believe Scott must be seeing. So, you certainly weren't doing it for yourself. I think many people do this.

We try to raise our self esteem by making our bodies look good, so that we will get approval from others. Then when we get to goal, we find we look good, but something is still missing. We don't always feel good inside. I think overweight people diet on the hopes that it will make them happy. Shouldn't all slim people be permenantly happy then?

for me, I felt like a fake. Couldn't really believe I had done it, as after all, surely it would bring more rewards than it did do. I do love being slim and all the joys that come with it, but there is more to me than that;) You can get a high from it, but it doesn't keep you going from day to day forever. There has to be a better reason to keep you going long term.

It's not a case of not wanting to look good. Everyone likes to look good after all don't they. Just changing your primary motivation.

Yes, I want to look good, but more importantly, I want to feel good. I want to raise my self-esteem. My real self-esteem, and not rely on others opinions of me. They are always handy in times of a drop in self confidence, but it's getting the balance IYKWIM.

It's hard to get the head around isn't it, but it's worth the effort. You didn't do it for Scott, but you did do it because of a lack of self esteem, a false reasoning. Because of how you believe Scott must be seeing. So, you certainly weren't doing it for yourself. I think many people do this.

I understand what you're saying but If I'm worried about how Scott sees me and I do something about it, then dosen't that mean I've done it for myself:confused: I'll try to explain what I mean. Low self esteem, leading to warped views on self image etc. Worry that as well as looking vile to myself, I look vile to others i.e Scott. This leads to worry that I may lose him, someone better may come along etc. with a body beautiful:rolleyes:. Scott runs off with perfect woman and my life is in tatters! So by losing weight and feeling 'attractive' again, I keep my man and my life remains hunky dory! Self preservation is the motive for losing weight.

That by the way was an example, I know body beautiful woman would probably be terrified of my tattooed, pierced man:D;) and if he ever wanted to roam from home, he wouldn't have a home for long:p

The lack of libido I mentioned earlier, I didn't just want to get that back for his sake, but for my own too. I wanted to feel sexy and good about myself, I didn't feel that being overweight. Scott in no way made me feel unattractive, it was my views of myself that did that.

I think that basically most people act in a way that suits themselves, we do things primarily to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. This is a true example of what I mean. My mum died of cancer many years ago, a couple of years after her death I worked as a volunteer at the local hospice. Someone said to me one day, how lovely it was that I was doing such a kind thing, giving my time for free etc. I felt embarrassed by her remarks, as this was far from the truth. Yes I volunteered, yes I would sit and chat to the patients, even go out for a fag with some:rolleyes: and hopefully I helped in a small way, but by doing that it helped me. I helped others, so I felt worth while, appreciated, a good person, it also helped me deal with my own grief. So helping those poor souls was a bi-product of helping myself. Would I have continued to do it if it didn't help me, or if it made me sad or depressed:confused:

I've waffled on again:eek: Basically what I'm saying is don't most of us do things because it'll make us feel better:confused:

We try to raise our self esteem by making our bodies look good, so that we will get approval from others. Then when we get to goal, we find we look good, but something is still missing. We don't always feel good inside. I think overweight people diet on the hopes that it will make them happy. Shouldn't all slim people be permenantly happy then?

for me, I felt like a fake. Couldn't really believe I had done it, as after all, surely it would bring more rewards than it did do. I do love being slim and all the joys that come with it, but there is more to me than that;) You can get a high from it, but it doesn't keep you going from day to day forever. There has to be a better reason to keep you going long term.

It's not a case of not wanting to look good. Everyone likes to look good after all don't they. Just changing your primary motivation.

Yes, I want to look good, but more importantly, I want to feel good. I want to raise my self-esteem. My real self-esteem, and not rely on others opinions of me. They are always handy in times of a drop in self confidence, but it's getting the balance IYKWIM.

I definately agree with that, we shouldn't base our self esteem on what others think of us, if we did that, then any slight slur against us would have a crushing effect.

Another post from you KD that's got my mind on overload! I love it:D

Tracey
x

This leads to worry that I may lose him, someone better may come along etc. with a body beautiful
rolleyes.gif
. Scott runs off with perfect woman and my life is in tatters! So by losing weight and feeling 'attractive' again, I keep my man and my life remains hunky dory!

Okay, so let me get this right. You do all this, and intend to for the rest of your life because you think Scott prefers you slim. He has never indicated this, it's just what you have invented yourself. In fact, he might even prefer you bigger:confused: Some men do you know;)

My stepfather hated skinny ladies. Said the big ones were more feminine, cuddley, curvy, sexy.

But you think that he might, so it's worth the effort. Okay, so look at it this way. Just imagine that Scott says to you "Lovely Tracey....but what I really want if for you to be 20 stone". Just out of interest, what would you do? Would you do that for him? Would you want to be 20 stone, trouble getting clothes, out of breath, chaffed skin, hot and sweaty, difficulty moving, shorter life span with more chance of diabetes etc. Would you do that?

I think that basically most people act in a way that suits themselves, we do things primarily to make ourselves feel better about ourselves.

Very true. But losing weight so that others approve isn't enough.

Yes I volunteered, yes I would sit and chat to the patients, even go out for a fag with some
rolleyes.gif
and hopefully I helped in a small way, but by doing that it helped me. I helped others, so I felt worth while, appreciated, a good person,

Ahhh, that is slightly different. Did it make you feel good because you made people happy, or did it make you feel good because people approved of what you were doing?

If you enjoyed the job for it's own sake and the joy you got out of cheering people up and helping them, then you can keep it going indefinitely. On the other hand, if you had to do this day in day out for every waking moment just so people go home and tell their spouses what a wonderful person you are, how long could you keep that up for?

I've waffled on again
redface.gif
Basically what I'm saying is don't most of us do things because it'll make us feel better:confused:

So it depends on why it's making you feel good.

Okay, so let me get this right. You do all this, and intend to for the rest of your life because you think Scott prefers you slim. He has never indicated this, it's just what you have invented yourself. In fact, he might even prefer you bigger:confused: Some men do you know;)

I know he preferred my chest pre diet;) Has to put up with chicken fillets falling out all over him now!

My stepfather hated skinny ladies. Said the big ones were more feminine, cuddley, curvy, sexy.

But you think that he might, so it's worth the effort. Okay, so look at it this way. Just imagine that Scott says to you "Lovely Tracey....but what I really want if for you to be 20 stone". Just out of interest, what would you do? Would you do that for him? Would you want to be 20 stone, trouble getting clothes, out of breath, chaffed skin, hot and sweaty, difficulty moving, shorter life span with more chance of diabetes etc. Would you do that?

No I wouldn't do that! I probably haven't worded this as I should have. I got the impression in one of your posts (I'm going to go back and read them again now) that you stated that I had lost weight for other people i.e. Scott, rather than for myself, because I had said that I couldn't understand how he could want me as I was. I tried to say that this was my warped view of things and not as they actually were. So I've tried to say that I don't feel I've done it for him, I feel I've done it for me.

Very true. But losing weight so that others approve isn't enough.

I totally agree, for the dieting to work and to then stay slim, is something we have to do for us, I do feel I've done it for me, but I also like the fact that I get nice comments from friends and family etc. too. In fact, I have had the odd remark to the contrary. I told a friend of mine that I'd put on a couple of pound after my last holiday and she told me that it probably was a good thing as I was getting too skinny:eek: I know I'm not skinny and although her comment threw me a bit, it didn't make me think I should perhap put on a bit more. Main comments now are 'oh you look great, but don't lose anymore' Lol I'm not trying to:p

Ahhh, that is slightly different. Did it make you feel good because you made people happy, or did it make you feel good because people approved of what you were doing?

If you enjoyed the job for it's own sake and the joy you got out of cheering people up and helping them, then you can keep it going indefinitely. On the other hand, if you had to do this day in day out for every waking moment just so people go home and tell their spouses what a wonderful person you are, how long could you keep that up for?

So it depends on why it's making you feel good.

I feel good slim, I can run up the stairs and not get out of breath, I have far more energy and am doing a lot more with my children. Even down to the simplest of things, like taking them swimming and long bike rides. I don't go to sleep only to be woken by heartburn. I don't feel hot and sweaty all the time. I'm proud of myself for getting to goal and staying there. There are so many things that are great about being slim:) I feel liberated.

By the way experiment still going strong, great night again tonight, so positivity still being reinforced:) Last binge was last Sunday:cool:

Tracey
x

I know he preferred my chest pre diet;) Has to put up with chicken fillets falling out all over him now!

:D Know what you mean :D
I tried to say that this was my warped view of things and not as they actually were. So I've tried to say that I don't feel I've done it for him, I feel I've done it for me.

I did get that, but just wanted to be sure;) As long as you remember it was your twisted thinking. As I said before, it is good to look good and get compliments, just mustn't be your main motivation as it won't keep you going.

I know I'm not skinny and although her comment threw me a bit, it didn't make me think I should perhap put on a bit more. Main comments now are 'oh you look great, but don't lose anymore' Lol I'm not trying to:p

Teehee. You just can't please them all can you :D
I feel good slim, I can run up the stairs and not get out of breath, I have far more energy and am doing a lot more with my children. Even down to the simplest of things, like taking them swimming and long bike rides. I don't go to sleep only to be woken by heartburn. I don't feel hot and sweaty all the time. I'm proud of myself for getting to goal and staying there. There are so many things that are great about being slim:) I feel liberated.

And that's what you need to focus on. You are with you all the time. How you feel will stay with you. You can't argue with feeling well, but you can always be disatisfied with how you look and others are always contrary. Too thin, too fat, blah blah.

By the way experiment still going strong, great night again tonight, so positivity still being reinforced:) Last binge was last Sunday:cool:

That's fantastic! There will probably be times when it doesn't go so well, but don't let that throw you.

I had a little victory of my own today. Went to a cafe with DH, and chose not to have carrot cake. I love carrot cake and will always have it when we go out 'as a treat'. Just didn't seem so special this time. Didn't miss it either:confused: There was no struggle there, nor any feeling of 'being good'. Just decided that it didn't mean anything special to me. Never thought that would ever happen :)

:D Know what you mean :D

I did get that, but just wanted to be sure;) As long as you remember it was your twisted thinking. As I said before, it is good to look good and get compliments, just mustn't be your main motivation as it won't keep you going.

Lol you've been testing me;)

And that's what you need to focus on. You are with you all the time. How you feel will stay with you. You can't argue with feeling well, but you can always be disatisfied with how you look and others are always contrary. Too thin, too fat, blah blah.
[/color]

I want to feel comfortable with who I am. Working on my eating issues means much more than just being slim. Obviouly for physical health reaons it was important, but it's the psychological issues I want to work on, you never know I may find my inner peace eventually:)

That's fantastic! There will probably be times when it doesn't go so well, but don't let that throw you.

Life is grand at the moment:) and so easy to concentrate on my eating and feeling in control with it. I want to see how I'll react if a personal problem arises, something that would normally lead me to binge. Will I still be able to keep control of the desires:confused:

I had a little victory of my own today. Went to a cafe with DH, and chose not to have carrot cake. I love carrot cake and will always have it when we go out 'as a treat'. Just didn't seem so special this time. Didn't miss it either:confused: There was no struggle there, nor any feeling of 'being good'. Just decided that it didn't mean anything special to me. Never thought that would ever happen :)

That's a great achievement:):) Did you analyse how you felt at the time, or did it just come naturally and you thought about it afterwards?

Tracey
x

Lol you've been testing me
wink.gif

Yep :D
Life is grand at the moment
smile.gif
and so easy to concentrate on my eating and feeling in control with it. I want to see how I'll react if a personal problem arises, something that would normally lead me to binge. Will I still be able to keep control of the desires:confused:[/COLOR]

It's your choice. It's always your choice. But, you have to remember to actively chose. It's easy to just let it happen and eat, pushing everything else aside. You need to try as much as possible to question it. Do you need it, will it make you feel better...it's the AD talking, do I want to strengthen that? Sometimes it's hard to go through that process, and it's easier to just go and get the grub.

Just decided that it didn't mean anything special to me. Never thought that would ever happen
smile.gif

Did you analyse how you felt at the time, or did it just come naturally and you thought about it afterwards?

I did think about it at the time. I don't much during the day at home now as nothing seems to set off that desire, and when it does, it fades so quick.

So this time, since it was a 'trigger' occasion and one I've not wanted to challenge, I made myself want to have it. I stared at it, imagined eating it. Thought of how nice the texture was and the yummy sweet topping. Then decided that how ever much I tried, I just wanted a coffee.:confused: :D

Another small step forward:clap:

Yep :D

I did think about it at the time. I don't much during the day at home now as nothing seems to set off that desire, and when it does, it fades so quick.

So this time, since it was a 'trigger' occasion and one I've not wanted to challenge, I made myself want to have it. I stared at it, imagined eating it. Thought of how nice the texture was and the yummy sweet topping. Then decided that how ever much I tried, I just wanted a coffee.:confused: :D

Another small step forward:clap:

Sounds like a huge leap to me!!!!! That's excellent:):)

Tracey
x

Finally I am a CDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

So excited:D:D:D:D:D I got 94% in one paper and 92% in the other:)

Happy, Happy, Happy

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Just need some clients now:)

Tracey
x

Hurray Tracey :clap::party0049:

Congratulations and well done :D I think you will make a superb cdc.

My "Beyond Chocolate" has arrived today along with a couple of other books in the same vein - I am going to have a read of them all and see what I think will work best for me. I have really relished the debate on this thread between you and KD - it has given me a lot of food for thought (no pun intended!!!!!) which I will be bearing in mind while reading the other books. I will be interested to hear what your feelings are on BC too.

I know what you mean about losing weight leaving you feeling liberated - I have felt so different for the last few weeks and have not been able to find the right word to describe it and you have found it for me ;).

I have even taken the plunge and become a body shop at home consultant (2nd training session tonight with 3 parties booked - need to get another 3 in before the end of sept though - fingers crossed) - I have been approached to do this several times and declined each time as I did not feel confident about being the main focus of a whole room of other people. Now I am just really excited about it!!!!!!!

I would have love to become a cdc but you need to be able to commit to seeing people week in and out and I just can't do that right now - whereas body shop I can fit in with my schedule and do as little or as much as I want. I would love to be a cdc some day though:).

Hope you are well xx

Oh Tracey, that is fantastic news, it is about time!! You should be very proud of yourself.. I'm proud of your achievements! U have a few clients lined up haven't u???Well Done hunny...xLove

About flipping time, too! Many congratulations, Tracey. I wish you every success, and I'm sure those clients will be elbowing each other off your garden path!
x

Thanks for your support Lesly, it's much appreciated:)

Hurray Tracey :clap::party0049:

Congratulations and well done :D I think you will make a superb cdc.

Thanks Ruth:)

My "Beyond Chocolate" has arrived today along with a couple of other books in the same vein - I am going to have a read of them all and see what I think will work best for me. I have really relished the debate on this thread between you and KD - it has given me a lot of food for thought (no pun intended!!!!!) which I will be bearing in mind while reading the other books. I will be interested to hear what your feelings are on BC too.

Mine has still not arrived yet. KD's method is working just fine, and although I'll read the books, I'm sticking to her rules. Since coming off CD, this is the fiirst time I feel I've got some control again, so if it aint broke, don't fix it;) Madame Dotty has her books too, we'll have to have a get together to discuss what we all think.

I know what you mean about losing weight leaving you feeling liberated - I have felt so different for the last few weeks and have not been able to find the right word to describe it and you have found it for me ;).

I have even taken the plunge and become a body shop at home consultant (2nd training session tonight with 3 parties booked - need to get another 3 in before the end of sept though - fingers crossed) - I have been approached to do this several times and declined each time as I did not feel confident about being the main focus of a whole room of other people. Now I am just really excited about it!!!!!!!

That's great:):) Party planning is great fun! I'm sure you'll get your other bookings. Do the company offer hostess benefits? I used to do party plan and I'd promote the offers at the start of the party, and also say how much more the hostess would get if I took more party bookings that night! Make them feel guilty that their friend may miss out if they didn't book a party. It usually tends to work;)

It's lovely that you are gaining more self confidence.

Oh how did the shopping trip go, did you buy anything nice?

Tracey
x

Oh Tracey, that is fantastic news, it is about time!! You should be very proud of yourself.. I'm proud of your achievements! U have a few clients lined up haven't u???Well Done hunny...xLove

Thanks Nikki:):):)

Yes I've got a couple of people who've told me they would like to start. Tried ringing them this evening and noone in, sods law! I'm going to advertise on the cambridge website too. Plus once I get my starter kit, I'll print off fliers etc.

Probably a silly question, but how are you feeling?

Tracey
x

Back