New Mummy - Trying to keep on SW track!!

Hi girls

Already thinking about starting sw again. Its easy to over look weight gain when pregnant and not notice but I have no excuse Rosie wasn't in my bum or thighs :)

I weighed myself the day after and lost 13lbs but still have two stone left.....how is that possible?!?!

I started the day with porridge and strawberries but if I stay on plan who knows....going to be hard losing again and having will power, I haven't dieted as such for years as was maintaining...boo!!

Milk has come in too now....I am in utter agony, not breastfeeding and can't remember who long it took to dry up last time but they are huge, hot, sore and swollen :'( also my stomach after birth pains are immense this time around and my foof hurts so all in all I am in agony lol and don't know whether I am being too hard on myself but because weather turned I don't have many summer clothes to wear and my previous pregnancy summer clothes, well not even going to go there as they would never fit me at the moment....depressing! Xx

Hi girls

Already thinking about starting sw again. Its easy to over look weight gain when pregnant and not notice but I have no excuse Rosie wasn't in my bum or thighs :)

I weighed myself the day after and lost 13lbs but still have two stone left.....how is that possible?!?!

I started the day with porridge and strawberries but if I stay on plan who knows....going to be hard losing again and having will power, I haven't dieted as such for years as was maintaining...boo!!

Milk has come in too now....I am in utter agony, not breastfeeding and can't remember who long it took to dry up last time but they are huge, hot, sore and swollen :'( also my stomach after birth pains are immense this time around and my foof hurts so all in all I am in agony lol and don't know whether I am being too hard on myself but because weather turned I don't have many summer clothes to wear and my previous pregnancy summer clothes, well not even going to go there as they would never fit me at the moment....depressing! Xx

I've been recommended to wear tight bras and tight tops apparently that helps dry it up! I've her. Doing it for 2 days now and I'm still leaking but I did feed Poppy for over 2 wks so it may take longer for mine to dry up! Are you holding alot of water too? I know I am my cankles are shockingly huge and quite painful from the water retention! I'm wearing all my maternity clothes still I refuse to buy size 18 clothes so I'm wearing these, I restarted my diet today so hopefully I'll get some weight off before my 6 wk check up in 3 wks :) I completely understand how your feeling my oh doesn't get it! I just feel really fat and miserable ice never ever been this big I know I can lose the first couple if stone fairly quickly it's after that I lose motivation! But the fact that I have sooo many events coming up I can't lose site of the prize Im hoping for 6 stone off by March! Just doing it half a stone at a time because that amount of weight is too daunting for me! Going to go walking daily for at least 30mins too :) keep plodding on Hun you will start to feel better once you see the scales going down :) xx

Hopefully together we can keep each other motivated, perhaps we could do diaries on here so we can have ideas of food etc

I did kinda and very very very loosely stuck to sw yesterday lol :) this is what I had and because we still have non sw foods in I am having these for convenience but will use as my syns and hopefully not too far over haha.

Breakfast

Porridge (heb) and strawberries
Milk (hea)

Lunch
Mushroom 3 egg omelette
Salad of lettuce onion tomato and peppers
Light mayo (syn)

Tea
Aldi spicy chicken wings (syn no idea thou)
New potatoes cooked with onion and garlic in the oven with oil (syn again)
Salad as above
Light mayo (syn)

So no idea on syns but obviously a lot better than what I was eating this time last week which was likely chippie tea or McDonald's etc lol

I'm ready to start tomorrow! I have my 8 week check tomorrow and 8 weeks until my holiday. Really want to get down to 10st 7lb by then which is 17lb so 2lb a week should crack it!! Might have to sneak in a couple of juice days to boost my losses though!

I'm ready to start tomorrow! I have my 8 week check tomorrow and 8 weeks until my holiday. Really want to get down to 10st 7lb by then which is 17lb so 2lb a week should crack it!! Might have to sneak in a couple of juice days to boost my losses though!

Good luck and keep us informed at home u got on. I am very loosely following but just had a cider....its this bloody weather and the fact that I haven't had any for 9 months. Perhaps I am being too hard on myself and ambitious as I am only 4 days post birth.

Xx

I think I am ready to start sw and so thinking from monday. I weighed myself before i went to hospital and weighed 15st11 and when i came back 2 days later i weighed 15st6lbs! It could possibly be the crap that I ate to cope with the shambles during my hospital stay so maybe i was minus another 2 or 3lbs. So the time is right because i am just eating rubbish and not really enjoying it so the quicker i get back on plan the quicker i can get back to my pre pregnancy weight and get to that target. My matobolism does slow down after having a baby for a few months so its gonna be a struggle but i will get there. I wont go back to group just yet as i want to try and do it from home and plus baby is a constant feeder and even though she is bottle fed and my husband can feed her i just dont want to leave her yet x

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind if I join in. :) my little girl is a bit older, 15 weeks tomorrow. I just joined slimming world last Monday and have my first weigh in tomorrow. Hoping to have lost! I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I joined because although I lost weight after I gave birth, I was still much bigger than I was, then started gaining! I was very naughty and eating a lot of crap :/ I have just under 2 stone to lose.
I saw one of you had a jaundiced baby, my little one was jaundiced for over 2 months! I hope you can get it sorted quicker than we did. She never really had many problems with it, she just looked yellow. The worst was all the blood tests. :'( she's fine now though. :)

Hi everyone

Haven't been able to stick to sw but i was a bit adventurous to try 3 days post labour haha.

Weighed myself since birth and I have lost 22lbs in 9 days. Great but still got 1 stone 3lbs to get back too my previous pregnancy weight of 10/5lbs

I will start to exercise after about 4 weeks depending on if I am upto it but need to get back into the sw zone but hard as husband off and he's a bad influence and I have also had 1 or 2 bottles of bulmers everyday...its the hot weather and the fact I haven't been able to drink in 9 months :)

Morning ladies. I can't believe my little girl is 9 weeks 1 day already! Time really does fly.

I rejoined the gym yesterday and I felt great afterwards!

I'm waiting for sw to send me my vouchers for group because I joined online and I have changed my mind and want to go to group. I need them by tomorrow because that's the group I want to join, if not my other option is a Wednesday group which is ok because it is closer but the consultant isn't as good.

I'm down 1st 6lb from the day I went into labour but still 2st 3lb from the weight I was the day I found out I was pregnant!

I think I am ready to start sw and so thinking from monday. I weighed myself before i went to hospital and weighed 15st11 and when i came back 2 days later i weighed 15st6lbs! It could possibly be the crap that I ate to cope with the shambles during my hospital stay so maybe i was minus another 2 or 3lbs. So the time is right because i am just eating rubbish and not really enjoying it so the quicker i get back on plan the quicker i can get back to my pre pregnancy weight and get to that target. My matobolism does slow down after having a baby for a few months so its gonna be a struggle but i will get there. I wont go back to group just yet as i want to try and do it from home and plus baby is a constant feeder and even though she is bottle fed and my husband can feed her i just dont want to leave her yet x

I'm back on my diet too I waited 3 wks started it last week but my starting weight it alot heavier than you! I weighed in at 18.1 on Poppy's delivery day I'm but 16.7 but it's my first weigh in tomorrow so I'm expecting a good loss I've been really good measured all my syns and healthy extras so fingers crossed! I've got a good 5-6 stone to shift but I'm panicking that my skin will sag! I'm aware that I'll always have my baby pouch which is absolutely fine, plus I thought I didn't gain many stretch marks but unfortunately I have they are only think thankfully and all under the bump so abit of sunshine on them when in skinnier and I reckon they will look fine! I just feel disgusting :( keep covering myself up when oh is around! But I'm feeling more positive that I know the weight is defo coming down :) x

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind if I join in. :) my little girl is a bit older, 15 weeks tomorrow. I just joined slimming world last Monday and have my first weigh in tomorrow. Hoping to have lost! I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I joined because although I lost weight after I gave birth, I was still much bigger than I was, then started gaining! I was very naughty and eating a lot of crap :/ I have just under 2 stone to lose.
I saw one of you had a jaundiced baby, my little one was jaundiced for over 2 months! I hope you can get it sorted quicker than we did. She never really had many problems with it, she just looked yellow. The worst was all the blood tests. :'( she's fine now though. :)

Hiya and welcome x
Goodluck for tomorrow i'm sure you've lost x

Hi everyone

Haven't been able to stick to sw but i was a bit adventurous to try 3 days post labour haha.

Weighed myself since birth and I have lost 22lbs in 9 days. Great but still got 1 stone 3lbs to get back too my previous pregnancy weight of 10/5lbs

I will start to exercise after about 4 weeks depending on if I am upto it but need to get back into the sw zone but hard as husband off and he's a bad influence and I have also had 1 or 2 bottles of bulmers everyday...its the hot weather and the fact I haven't been able to drink in 9 months :)

Wow 22lbs is really good for 9 days loss compared to my measly loss lol. I'm sure you will have that last 1st3lbs off once your in the zone and your husband is back at work x

I'm back on my diet too I waited 3 wks started it last week but my starting weight it alot heavier than you! I weighed in at 18.1 on Poppy's delivery day I'm but 16.7 but it's my first weigh in tomorrow so I'm expecting a good loss I've been really good measured all my syns and healthy extras so fingers crossed! I've got a good 5-6 stone to shift but I'm panicking that my skin will sag! I'm aware that I'll always have my baby pouch which is absolutely fine, plus I thought I didn't gain many stretch marks but unfortunately I have they are only think thankfully and all under the bump so abit of sunshine on them when in skinnier and I reckon they will look fine! I just feel disgusting :( keep covering myself up when oh is around! But I'm feeling more positive that I know the weight is defo coming down :) x

Aww hun dont feel disgusting, its those mad hormones whizzing about and you will soon start to feel better once everything settles and you start losing weight but dont push yourself too hard while everything is settling down. With sw as we lose around 1-2lbs a week skin sagging shouldnt be as big a problem as compared to diets where you lose weight really quickly so your skin doesnt have time to catch up with weightloss x
I do want to start tomorrow but i wont push myself because i do feel a bit low and really tired as baby is a day sleeper and night waker so i'm sleeping at 5:30 and than back up around 9! So tomorrow will be a tester for me on whether i can do it or its too soon. Depending on my weight tomorrow i will have over 6 stones to lose so i know i will need to try and get back onto plan soon otherwise that 6st will turn into 7+stones! Also i'm finding my joints are hurting from the weight gain so i really want to get to my pre pregnancy weight as i didnt have any joint pain than so to keep me motivated i wont change my stats and will to get there by christmas hopefully x

Wow 22lbs is really good for 9 days loss compared to my measly loss lol. I'm sure you will have that last 1st3lbs off once your in the zone and your husband is back at work x

Thank you. The last 1st 3lbs must of been the weekly mcdonalds i had during most of my pregnancy lol ;-)

Yes when he's back at work i am not tempted by the copious amount of bacon and sausage he gets out of the freezer and having it as a sandwich with cheese for breakfast and i can also prep the nights tea with him not in the way so can exchange oil for fry lite again and make sure most meals are from scratch and syn free or low syns. He's back next Monday so i an going to aim for then to start sw properly....Rosie will be 2.5 weeks old then.

Today has been ok so far, skipped breakfast as such just had some melba toast quickly as after 6am feed i slept again until 9am so i washed hair, got dressed,fed Rosie and tidyed up before going out to meet nan,aunt and sister at morissons cafe for lunch...would normally have a fish chips and mushy peas but i had a tuna jacket potato instead so proud that i made a better choice there. In terms of calories i think i have had about 1000/1100 so far today and having sw lasagne for tea tonight but with a couple frozen chips and salad. Would normally make sw chips but we have no potatoes as everything in the run up to due date because i was knackered was convenience foods.

Slinky please dont feel down about your post pregnancy body around your husband. I am sure your husband wouldn't be looking at the bits that are making you feel self conscious right now....you have just grew and laboured a daughter that you both made, i bet he's so full of love for you right now. Having a child is such an amazing thing. The weight will fall off when u get into the sw zone and with exercise i am sure u will look and feel amazing.

Xx

Thank you. The last 1st 3lbs must of been the weekly mcdonalds i had during most of my pregnancy lol ;-)

Yes when he's back at work i am not tempted by the copious amount of bacon and sausage he gets out of the freezer and having it as a sandwich with cheese for breakfast and i can also prep the nights tea with him not in the way so can exchange oil for fry lite again and make sure most meals are from scratch and syn free or low syns. He's back next Monday so i an going to aim for then to start sw properly....Rosie will be 2.5 weeks old then.

Today has been ok so far, skipped breakfast as such just had some melba toast quickly as after 6am feed i slept again until 9am so i washed hair, got dressed,fed Rosie and tidyed up before going out to meet nan,aunt and sister at morissons cafe for lunch...would normally have a fish chips and mushy peas but i had a tuna jacket potato instead so proud that i made a better choice there. In terms of calories i think i have had about 1000/1100 so far today and having sw lasagne for tea tonight but with a couple frozen chips and salad. Would normally make sw chips but we have no potatoes as everything in the run up to due date because i was knackered was convenience foods.

Slinky please dont feel down about your post pregnancy body around your husband. I am sure your husband wouldn't be looking at the bits that are making you feel self conscious right now....you have just grew and laboured a daughter that you both made, i bet he's so full of love for you right now. Having a child is such an amazing thing. The weight will fall off when u get into the sw zone and with exercise i am sure u will look and feel amazing.

Xx
My hubby is driving me crazy, he has become like a mother hen and thinks he knows best especially when it comes to the children! He will be back at work next week but is going in tomorrow for a couple of hours so i can have a break lol. YOu have done well today Laura, if it was me i would have headed straight for the fish and chips at morrisons especially after having a baby as my willpower is at its weakest x
Today started of really good but towards the evening it was so hard but i didnt stray off plan even though i wanted to. When i eat junk i get full so quick and cant eat much of it but when i eat healthy i am so hungry so will have to find foods that fill me up i think. Had a nice long nap while hubby took over so feel better today compared to the last few days as baby is just like her older sister and a constant feeder who likes to be up at night time! Still have no name for her but will need to hurry as she has a registration appointment on wednesday. We do have a few names but just need to decide on a final one.
x

My hubby is driving me crazy, he has become like a mother hen and thinks he knows best especially when it comes to the children! He will be back at work next week but is going in tomorrow for a couple of hours so i can have a break lol. YOu have done well today Laura, if it was me i would have headed straight for the fish and chips at morrisons especially after having a baby as my willpower is at its weakest x
Today started of really good but towards the evening it was so hard but i didnt stray off plan even though i wanted to. When i eat junk i get full so quick and cant eat much of it but when i eat healthy i am so hungry so will have to find foods that fill me up i think. Had a nice long nap while hubby took over so feel better today compared to the last few days as baby is just like her older sister and a constant feeder who likes to be up at night time! Still have no name for her but will need to hurry as she has a registration appointment on wednesday. We do have a few names but just need to decide on a final one.
x

Thank you....and my nan and aunt sat and had fish and chips too lol so super will power there, additional things I had was a small glass of rose with my tea and a freddo frog after.

Lol at your husband, mine has been doing odd local day jobs on the days my daughter is at nursery so I get peace too :) but he's not officially back at work at his job full time until Monday.

Itching to get back to exercise too....feeling pretty great at the moment as surface stitches I had haven't been a problem and think they have dissolved now anyway, stomach/uterus back down and milk dried up so I am good to go. Was going to see how I felt at 4 weeks post birth and start easy like biking or zumba.

I am constantly hungry when dieting whereas I don't think I best or think about food much when I am not dieting.

We are registering Rosie Friday then going out for dinner to celebrate. We had three names we liked but let Molly choose out of those names for her sister, got her involved too.

Today's eats are : (not following sw exactly but watching what I eat until I start back on monday....hopefully)

Breakfast : two wholemeal toast, about 20g butter max and thin spread of jam

Dinner : ham salad with couscous

Tea : leftover lasagne, chips and salad

Thank you....and my nan and aunt sat and had fish and chips too lol so super will power there, additional things I had was a small glass of rose with my tea and a freddo frog after.

Lol at your husband, mine has been doing odd local day jobs on the days my daughter is at nursery so I get peace too :) but he's not officially back at work at his job full time until Monday.

Itching to get back to exercise too....feeling pretty great at the moment as surface stitches I had haven't been a problem and think they have dissolved now anyway, stomach/uterus back down and milk dried up so I am good to go. Was going to see how I felt at 4 weeks post birth and start easy like biking or zumba.

I am constantly hungry when dieting whereas I don't think I best or think about food much when I am not dieting.

We are registering Rosie Friday then going out for dinner to celebrate. We had three names we liked but let Molly choose out of those names for her sister, got her involved too.

I wish i was just as enthusiastic about exercise lol. A trip to the shopping centre wiped me out today! Also was on plan but it all went downhill as soon as i got to the shopping centre as even though i had eaten just before i left the house i was starving and so hot so ended up with a mcflurry:D. It went downhill after the mcflurry and i feel so sick now so tomorrow if i want to stray off plan i will remember how i feel now. Like you we're running low on things because i also shopped for convenient things when i was pregnant because i was knackered so after a full shop on thursday or friday i will have no excuse to dip into anything naughty x

Today's eats are : (not following sw exactly but watching what I eat until I start back on monday....hopefully)

Breakfast : two wholemeal toast, about 20g butter max and thin spread of jam

Dinner : ham salad with couscous

Tea : leftover lasagne, chips and salad

It may not be sw but your still doing so well x

Aww hun dont feel disgusting, its those mad hormones whizzing about and you will soon start to feel better once everything settles and you start losing weight but dont push yourself too hard while everything is settling down. With sw as we lose around 1-2lbs a week skin sagging shouldnt be as big a problem as compared to diets where you lose weight really quickly so your skin doesnt have time to catch up with weightloss x
I do want to start tomorrow but i wont push myself because i do feel a bit low and really tired as baby is a day sleeper and night waker so i'm sleeping at 5:30 and than back up around 9! So tomorrow will be a tester for me on whether i can do it or its too soon. Depending on my weight tomorrow i will have over 6 stones to lose so i know i will need to try and get back onto plan soon otherwise that 6st will turn into 7+stones! Also i'm finding my joints are hurting from the weight gain so i really want to get to my pre pregnancy weight as i didnt have any joint pain than so to keep me motivated i wont change my stats and will to get there by christmas hopefully x

I'm the same Hun my joints ache like crazy plus I've noticed a few burst blood vessels In my legs from the excess weight! I want around 6 stone ish off too ideally by Xmas or the majority of it by then! Been following SW last week I got back on it and list 10lbs in my first week but I was and still am full of water :/ so about a pound will be fat I reckon!! But like you I darnt lose it too fast I was half and half whether to do a vlcd again I'm not going to yet but think once I get down to a stone or 2 to go then I might but at the mo I'm just enjoying eating loads if fruit and veg! I'm eating and drinking better than I've done in years plus walking so I feel great! Poppy is doing fab too she's over 8lb now :) she's going longer between her night feeds so I'm getting some sleep thank god :) it's amazing how a couple if hours kip really spurs you on! Ha! Poppy is a night person too though she's got a growing spurt on, sleeps, eats and poops during the day then at about 7pm boom it's wakey wakey time for a few hours! How did your first day go back on plan? X

Back