new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Hi Nina

I hope you don't mind me butting in. I am not pregnant but have got two children (the last was born nearly two years ago). My first labour was a belly labour and, although I thought I couldn't do it, I had him on gas and air and pethidine (he is nearly six now). My daughter I had a back labour and I lasted 10 hours with no pain relief whatsoever (was planning a natural birth) then had an epidural. I am a bit of a whip when it comes to pain and you will be surprised what you can do when the thought of your baby coming edges you on. If you need pain relief have it. Good luck - it sounds like your baby will be born soon.

Take care

dont mind at all -- advice is free and we r all friendly here! thanks for the input!

sunflower -- really sorry to hear you are rapidly deteriorating -- they should just give you what you want, and if thats a section, then so be it! its your choice...and you would be giving informed consent!

on my news front -- i have declined my date of may 7th for the section...seeing as i have not developed preeclampsia and so far feel great (all blood work has been normal each week for 2 months!)...I see no reason why I shouldnt have a trial of labor...

i went in today for a second stretch and sweep -- but this mw couldnt do anything productive...have to wait til next week! that's fine by me...just happy to know that baby is engaged and still needs to drop down 1-2 stations and she's in the zone! lol

sonkie...hold out a bit more...baby will be here sooooooooo soon! try and get some rest and relaxation -- and put that household of 'men' to serve you!!! hahaha, i bet easier said than done!

bea -- when do you plan to stop working? and will you try to find out baby's sex during next week's scan?

have a great weekend ladies!

Thanks Nina.. I'm going round in circles with it, even getting out of bed is agonisingly painful this evening, turning over takes more than a couple of minutes - and that's with oramorph on board.. Am waiting to be able to take a top up dose, only another 17 minutes to go (and yes, I'm counting!).. Last dose a couple of hours ago did nothing, hope this one will......

In the meanwhile, the punnet of strawberries I ate an hour ago has resulted in a hiccuping bean - hiccuping away into my pelvis though, so very sore! He's been going for 35 minutes so hopefully they should be up soon, the patches I'm on make him hiccup for up to an hour at a time.. (At least, it's been a lot worse since I've been on the patched and hiccups is one of the side effects.. How long do all your babies hiccup for?!)

Sounds sensible Nina about hanging on, your pet bloods I assume are all good - and they'll monitor you quite closely.. Fingers crossed this time you'll get your labour!!

I think it's only Bea therefore who has a definite date now then isn't it? Wonder who will be the first to go out of all of us! I know I've got a bit of a headstart in terms of dates but this little bean seems rather comfortable still - I've not got any signs of impending labour yet!

Well guys I was in agony last night and this morning, to cut a long story short, my son and a friend were supposed to be sleeping at a friends house, we found out they hadnt turned up so was really worried. I rang friends of theres and asked if they knew what they had planned for last night and it appeared they were going to camp out in the woods around the area locally, well all they had was a blooming sleeping bag each so was angry, worried and stressing about what could possibly happen to them.
Anyway Mark and the other boys mum and sister went looking around the local area all there dens we know of but nothing. But could I just sit at home and wait ........no, of course not so out I went looking too, I walked a fair bit and then just had to come home cos of the pain and needed the loo.
Anyway I wanted to check down a local area called Blunts lane, its dark and loads of trees etc, but could not manage it, so came home.
Finally we made contact with one of the other kids and told them if they dont all get home within the next 10 minutes we will call the police.
They got back at 11.45pm........and got a talking too.

I was so worried as we have had a few kids in the area been approached by blokes trying to get them in the car.......!

Kids eh ....who`d have em !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Blimey sonkie, not good... I suppose it's nothing different to what we did when we were kids - but then it was a bit safer then! (Or maybe so we just thought.. :D)

Hope the pain eases up today..

I'm so good today either, spend most of the night awake just waiting to be able to take the next dose of painkillers.. Only 6 days til my next clinic appointment and, please god, I'll be far enough favourable for them to induce me...

(ps - I know the forum was being upgraded overnight - the font in the box is realy really big - if it comes up that way in the post then I'm sorry, it's not something I've done on purpose!!)

OMG Sonkie...I cant imagine how worried you were......kids....its such a balance between keeping them safe and not wrapped in cotton wool!!! Hope you are getting to put your feet up and are being treated to plenty of R&R so you can re-coup a little.....there a young guy that could do with acting as your personal "go getter" for a few days to make up!!

Not long for all of us now.....wonder how Nina is getting on...things seem to be moving in the right direction last few days...sounds like we will have our first arriving soon....

Sunflower - really hope you are next....think its so unfair that you have to go through so much pain, take so many painkiller - it would so much fairer if you were at least offered c/section....(I shouldnt be an expert sorry but my heart goes out to).

I have another scan on Thursday.....just to check all on track....have a major baseball belly now so baby putting on the pounds......emotionally for some reason I am very teary.......I am very lucky as I have had a dream pregnancy so need to cop on and put a smile on my face!!

Hugs all round girls...

Oooh, hope your scan goes ok on thurs!!

Yeah, I know what you mean - it's out of my hands though really so just a case of waiting to see what the consultant says on friday (or reg, depending on who I see!) I dont know - I've had a reasonable night of sleep (slept for 1-2 hours at a time and those little extra bits of sleep didn't half make a difference!) and I absolutely crashed out for 2 hours this afternoon too.. Dont get me wrong, the pain is still as bad but it's so much easier to deal with when I've had some sleep behind me! The energy I've got from the sleep will really keep me going for a few days in getting through the pain.. Daftly though, on a day like this I could quite cheerfully wait until I go into labour, funny how you can swing from one extreme to another!

I measured my pain free gap again last night, if I'm on my back and it's definitely 8-9 inches now.. Having gone from 21 to 13 to now 8-9 inches is quite a drop, especially considering I used to be the only person in my yoga class (even including the instructor, oops!) who used to be able to do a complete frog post - which is where you go on your hands and knees and flex your knees out like a frog and go as flat on your tummy as you can, I was the only person who could go completely flat on my tummy so my hips were completely abducted out to the side.. In view of that hubby and I were trying to work out how on earth I could give birth last night and we've realised that lying on my left side is just about ok as long as hubby takes the weight of my knee and ankle, otherwise the pain across my pelvis is too much.. So we will see.. Hopefully they'll be able to examine me on my left side too, at least I'll ask them to!

Hope your pain is easier sonkie and that you're ok nina!

Good to hear from you Sunflower and that you managed to get a little sleep...having some rest really changes your perspective and ability to cope is so much strong....see you are exactly 38 weeks today so fingers crossed for Friday that you will get some good news...not long now...eitherway......

Wonder how Nina is getting on???

Hopefully the no news from Nina is gonna be our first baby.....fingers crossed anyway.
The braxton hicks are getting more frequent now too......!

Yesterday Dan and his mates went to Plymbridge woods where a river from Dartmoor runs through, they were larking about in the river when Dan hurt his foot/toe, anyway he hobbles home and is ordered to have a bath to get rid of all the sand around his toes.
Had a look and it was very swollen at the base of his toe, but the pain went into his foot too so thought an xray was in order....so off he goes with mark. 4 hours later he hobbles through the door, he has broken his foot just below the base of his toe but all they can do is strap it up to his big toe.

He is back to fracture clinic on the 13th !
Hmmmmm Dan is trying to take my mind off things I think.

hey ladies!

as an update...no baby yet! the second stretch and sweep did nothing! but i go in again on wednesday for bloods and bp check and will try and get another one done (by the mw with the extra long fingers!!) i know tmi!

i can't believe that we all have made it this far -->and it was just yesterday when we all started posting on this forum!

question on the dieting front:
when will you start a diet to shed the baby pounds...and how soon after deliver can we get out there and enjoy the 'english summer'
with walking and other activities? and who is planning on exclusively breastfeeding ->> and for how long?

Oooh, hope your scan goes ok on thurs!!

Yeah, I know what you mean - it's out of my hands though really so just a case of waiting to see what the consultant says on friday (or reg, depending on who I see!) I dont know - I've had a reasonable night of sleep (slept for 1-2 hours at a time and those little extra bits of sleep didn't half make a difference!) and I absolutely crashed out for 2 hours this afternoon too.. Dont get me wrong, the pain is still as bad but it's so much easier to deal with when I've had some sleep behind me! The energy I've got from the sleep will really keep me going for a few days in getting through the pain.. Daftly though, on a day like this I could quite cheerfully wait until I go into labour, funny how you can swing from one extreme to another!

I measured my pain free gap again last night, if I'm on my back and it's definitely 8-9 inches now.. Having gone from 21 to 13 to now 8-9 inches is quite a drop, especially considering I used to be the only person in my yoga class (even including the instructor, oops!) who used to be able to do a complete frog post - which is where you go on your hands and knees and flex your knees out like a frog and go as flat on your tummy as you can, I was the only person who could go completely flat on my tummy so my hips were completely abducted out to the side.. In view of that hubby and I were trying to work out how on earth I could give birth last night and we've realised that lying on my left side is just about ok as long as hubby takes the weight of my knee and ankle, otherwise the pain across my pelvis is too much.. So we will see.. Hopefully they'll be able to examine me on my left side too, at least I'll ask them to!

Hope your pain is easier sonkie and that you're ok nina!

hey sunflower! i have been reading up on ACUPRESSURE POINTS to use for induction of labor but more importantly pain management --> heard anything on this?

how are the contractions coming along?? mine have seemed to fizzle out...although last night during my walk with DH-- my tummy was all tense and my lower back felt like it was being attacked! went out to buy ben and jerry's icecream...so that was enuf motivating for me to continue on for an hour!

with your meds --> do they allow you to walk around more easily (ie less pain)? how insistent are you on having a vaginal birth?

chin up dear, not much longer now!

hey ladies!

as an update...no baby yet! the second stretch and sweep did nothing! but i go in again on wednesday for bloods and bp check and will try and get another one done (by the mw with the extra long fingers!!) i know tmi!

i can't believe that we all have made it this far -->and it was just yesterday when we all started posting on this forum!

question on the dieting front:
when will you start a diet to shed the baby pounds...and how soon after deliver can we get out there and enjoy the 'english summer'
with walking and other activities? and who is planning on exclusively breastfeeding ->> and for how long?

Best of luck tomorrow....will you go for the c-section on 7th if nothing is happening? or just wait and see...you definately sound like our first is on the way....

On the diet side....you are recommended to wait 3 months before dieting to allow your body recover and regain all the vits and mins our little munchins are drained out of us! I plan to go back to my ladies gym in August (c-section permitting) - its just a half hour work out with light weights and when I had my son I really didnt leave the house or him for months and it wasnt healthy! Hubby will be off work in August too so there is no excuses. All going well.....I'd like to be back on the LT diet before Christmas...depends on breast feeding etc.....

Hopefully the no news from Nina is gonna be our first baby.....fingers crossed anyway.
The braxton hicks are getting more frequent now too......!

Yesterday Dan and his mates went to Plymbridge woods where a river from Dartmoor runs through, they were larking about in the river when Dan hurt his foot/toe, anyway he hobbles home and is ordered to have a bath to get rid of all the sand around his toes.
Had a look and it was very swollen at the base of his toe, but the pain went into his foot too so thought an xray was in order....so off he goes with mark. 4 hours later he hobbles through the door, he has broken his foot just below the base of his toe but all they can do is strap it up to his big toe.

He is back to fracture clinic on the 13th !
Hmmmmm Dan is trying to take my mind off things I think.

Hi Sonkie....you are really having an "eventful" few days....hows you holding up pain-wise? Hope you are managing to get some decent sleep......

bea - thank you.. your 3 month thing sounds sensible too!

sonkie - gosh, fractures in feet are painful, hope it settles down soon.. also hope youre not in too much pain..

nina - planning on just being sensible once bean is born and cutting out the rubbish.. For me a lot of it will be dictated by my spd but I want to get out there as soon as possible!! hubby and i are very pro attatched parenting and we have a variety of slings so bean will be carried from day 1. with the feeding, plan is exclusive for 6 months (at 6 months your milk changes again and you start producing an enzyme to help the baby break down food. the cells in the gut also close in a little - it is being researched now as to whether intoducing food prior to these gut changes taking place is accounting for the sharp rise in food intolerances/allergies in children. we want to do baby led weaning from 6 months and aim to stop breast feeding at 12 moonths. gosh, that makes me souns such an earthy mummy! with respect to delievery, i stilll want a avginal birth if poss.. sadly i can barely walk at all now - bed to loo is my limit so mobilising in labour is out.. I'm still getting runs of BHs though!

well, for my bigger update.. sunday had reduced fetal movemtnts. didnt get to sleep until gone 5 and that was only for 30 min.. hubby got back from work, went to bed after natter and I got back into bed in our room.. ws sending someone a text when elt somethin tickle my arm and looked own to see a spider. now i am properly phobic screamed and really jumped, hubby came running in to find me howling in fear and pain.. went into bed with him and managed to doze for a couple of hours.. woke up at 1 and was aware i hadnt felt movements for 13 hours so said to hubby as much as i know he teases me, could he grab my doppler.. tried to listen in, after 5 min still couldnt find fetal heart. by this point i was getting nervous and proddin my bump - nothing, not even the gerroff movements i normally get.. by the time i got to 10 min hubby was on the phone to mw who, unfortunately, was away so couldnt visit but she phoned a mw who lives in our village. we were now up to 15 min with no fetal heart, no movements, nothing.. i was prodding my bump so hard too.. we were convinced that was it, this was baby number 4 gone and that bean had died.. ambulance arrived, as did mw. mw managed to (eventually) find fh (ive never been so relieved) but bean still wasnt moving for her so in we came to hospital.. long and shirt of itis the movements are still down but they dont know why. scan showed placenta working well (wonderful) and bean is above 95th centile and alrady easily over 9lb (ow). we also have a jocelyn on board with big tuckedup feet! (although not so tucked up when they kick!) loads of hair too!! (explains my heartburn and her hiccups!!) ive had a sweep - bishops score 1 so no induction yet.. they're keeping me in now for the rest of the pg in view of movements and spd with a plan for regular sweeps and induction as soon as favourable.. so if you're up for a clinic appointment sonkie and have a spare 5 mins, pop in!!

Jocelyn is a little moe active tonight but not massively so, we're just so glad she is ok.. my pelvis is dreadful after ambulance trip/spider but i couldnt care less, im trying not to take oramorph in case that is whats made her so sleepy but i cant turn over even without it so bit of a rock and a hard place.. at least they can monitor her here - am on the monitor at least twice a day..

sorry about lack of capitals and typos, its only a little handheld keyboard with tiny butons - which need pressing quite hard, not good for carpal tunnel!

What a roller coaster!! You are at least in the right place.....hopefully not long now....9llbs for first baby wow!! My little fella was 8llbs 4oz and 11 days over and people were saying WOW to me.....I am smiling at your baby gaga ticker which states 7llbs!! (suppose thats the average!!).....baby has obviously been enjoying life while you are trying to manage the spd!!

Really hope things get moving soon for you........the race is on for yourself and Nina now!!

I am off this am to get my scan.....hubby on nights really hope he can make it....

Take care and delighted you can keep posting...

ahh, enjoy the scan! it was so special seeing her again - right down to seeing all the hair and especially the huge feet that have been kicking me! youre right - shes had nothing to do but grow!! (as has mummy, oops!) he reckoned on her being nearly 11lb at birth but ive looked adter a fair few women who have had that said to them only to deliver an 8lber, they can be out by 20% easily! (cheerful delusion going on now i think!)

managed to get 2.5hrs sleep, was put baack on monitor about midnight but the mw was very thorough in her palpation - especially in checking how engaged the head was.. wow, that was agony.. on the brightt side though it really woke jocelyn up - we had the best trace yet! lovely and reactive.. was really sweet though, when I came off I turned over to try and get comfy and a minute later she turned over too (literally,swung back from one side to other!), had a stretch, another little wriggle and then didnt feel a peep from her for 2 hours!!

take care - looking foward to hearing how he scan goes!

xx

ps, sorry again for lack of capitals etc etc

Hey Helen another girl.....how cool is this......where abouts are you...which ward...?????
We are at maternity unit on sunday for a look around tour so may pop in to see you if you`re up for it, then Dan has fracture clinic on tuesday morning, back for a scan and see dr on the thursday. Wow I am living at hospital next week...lol.

OMG 9lbs already.......lets hope things get moving soon.
OOOOO whats your surname too I cant go in asking for Helen sunflower bride hee hee !

Well im not sure if you know but my youngest has ADHD, well I was invited to attend a parents discussion group so thought I would go see if I can get some tips to help him.
Well it was 2 hours long and is on for 10 weeks but I had to leave at 8.30 am to get there for 10am it finished just after 12 and didnt get home until 2pm.......omg I was shattered. We were stuck in a room with floor to ceiling windows, it was hot and stuffy and my feet were huge by the end.
Yes.....I was in agony by bedtime so didnt sleep too well.....so was awake at 3am tried to get back to sleep but got up at 4.30 ....... I think I will get more sleep when baby is here...and I cant wait.

its bad isnt it sonkie when we are realistically going to get more sleep post birth than before! :D

will pm you info you asked for!

Hi all....just back from my scan and seeing the consultant....all doing great.....baby is head down but still able to suck its toes which it did continiously during the scan.....really sweet.....wonder if its a girl too as its has the biggest rose bud lips....they reckon just under 5llbs so with 6 weeks to my c-section is sould be approx 8llbs give or take....note your comments about being 20% off.....not too concerned about the size with it coming out the sunroof so to speak!!!

Its all happening on Mums to be....this week....

aww, thats sooooooooo cute!! ive seen babies suck their thumbs on scan but not toes, bless her(him?!)..

glad scan went well - and weight good too!

Back