new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Hiya guys, sorry I haven't been around for a few days, have had a drop in what I can do pelvis wise... I'm now bed bound with it and really unable to even sit in a car for very long at all - we needed to see a gp yesterday and no one could come out - I got there, but only just (10 min drive) and could hardly get out of the car.. Upshot of all of that is I'm now on pethidine as well as max dose of codeine and paracetamol.. I've been referred in to the pain team but the nearest appointment they have is the 3rd march - which given the drop I've had over the last month (we were in bruges a month ago and I could still walk for 20-30 minutes, albeit not getting very far in that time but I could do it..) - now just getting to the loo is an acheivement some days.. Phoned the painteam in the hospital but they couldn't do anything to bring the appointment forward - which the girl I spoke to was really frustrated about.. Only the gp can do that and she's written to them now asking for the appointment to be expediated to the next one available (even though that one was the 3rd march on their system.. ;) ) Hopefully she can nudge it forwards though, I need to see someone...

For those of you looking at pillows - oh my gosh, get one... Mine arrived a few days ago and it's absolute heaven, main thing being it stays put - when I was just having a regular pillow between my legs I'd wake up with the pillow scrunched down the bottom of the bed somewhere where as now it stays put.. I didn't pay masses for mine - got this one MATERNITY/PREGNANCY BODY SUPPORT PILLOW/CUSHION & COVER on eBay, also, Maternity Health, Maternity Pregnancy, Baby (end time 07-Feb-08 15:44:35 GMT) and it's been great..

Bean, despite all this, is still seeming very happy - growing well and kicking well (including finding a new game of kicking my coccyx yesterday which didn't help my pelvis at all) so that's all good.. I'm also really losing my appetite, probably no bad thing if I'm not going to be moving at all for the rest of the pregnancy!

Hope everyone else is faring slightly better.. We're now thinking we deserve a very very settled baby after the pregnancy I've had!

x

Reactions: Bea
hi girls...hope you all are feeling more glamorous than me! lol

Definately not more glamorous,feel like a beached whale

Bea, I was going to buy that pillow...but decided to make up my own -- so now at 24 weeks i need 3! one to hug (under my aching boobs!), one under the belly, and one btwn my legs...and I have finally been able to get into a comfy position...and getting rest!

I got a pillow about the same height as me but I only use it sitting on sofa......I cant put anything under bump as it causes awful trapped wind in hernia.

also wanted to share with you girls...I bought a support maternity belt...and its worked wonders! about a month ago, i started getting groin aches along with back fatigue...now that my bump is lifted up (even slightly) I feel so much more active -- in fact going out for my daily walk now!

I have been looking at these I have gone for the full elasticated bump cover to hopefully help with hernia too

btw...we found out baby is a girl...ecstatic!so now there are two girls on the the way -- and I am curious to see who sunflower and bea will bring! hehehe:)

Wow fantastic news ...........have you got names in mind....we are sticking with Hannah Rhiannon as we love the name Hannah and Callum actually suggested it so he feels involved too.

have a great week!

OOOOOO I cant wait to see pics of these little angels as they come along

Thanks Sunflower....just ordered one of those pillow on ebay with a lovely burgundy cover.....bump getting bigger and spending more time sleeping on the sofa. Sorry to hear you are having such as hard time....really hope you get an earlier appointment....its so awful being confined to the house/bed....

Nina...thanks for your opinion on the dress.....love the pink one too but they only have size 16/18...still thinking about it before i make my mind up...only worrry is swollen ankles...short dresses look awful if you have big puffy legs...LOL....

Sonkie...hope the bump belt makes a difference and helps!

Just back from Tesco shopping.......maybe its me but finding it really irrating doing the shopping and come home in such bad humour - switching to on line this week!! Anyone else do that???

oh yes, on line shopping it is - as much as I'm not looking forward to other people choosing produce for you - you know how you like to pick your own jacket spuds etc?! But there's no way I can go to tesco so it's that or starve!!!!!

Had a better day today but am now really sore again after supper... Nevermind, painkillers due in 5 mins and then will be asleep not long after they kick in I think!

Doh! Dont know why I havent done it before....makes so much more sense.....first order is in and due for delivery on friday......

Anyone got maternity clothes on line? need a few things for work....

Did...but only seems to be crappy stuff on there.....surfed last night and found a place called bumpbasics and they have a great sale on...so getting some black trousers and a couple of tops that will last me the next few months..

How you feeling today Sonkie....

Did...but only seems to be crappy stuff on there.....surfed last night and found a place called bumpbasics and they have a great sale on...so getting some black trousers and a couple of tops that will last me the next few months..

How you feeling today Sonkie....

Ooo will take a look on that site....im not bad stomach muscles still niggly but coping with painkillers before I go to bed as I dont wanna take many cos of baby.......though last night Marks cat kept us up all night little *&@$

Sonkie....hope it keeps managable......there is nothing worse than costant pain....it really effects your whole person...my heart goes out to Sunflower too - shes having a real tough time.

As luck with have it after getting my stuff on line last night....i wandered around town which I never do and went into Beneton (which I never do) and they had a 70% off sale on their maternity range...making them about reasonably priced!! Got a black top.....you can never have enough black tops.....

my cats have been driving me crazy this week....in out in out in out.....and also not eating their food...my mum would say its a changes in the weather LOL...

Wow 70 % off, I would have spent way too much .....lol. Well tummy not too bad at the moment though if I do a fair bit of cleaning it gets bad ....lol, great excuse for putting my feet up though.

Well Callum got to feel his baby sister move last night he was stunned ....just wait until its stronger....hee hee.
Hannah has started responding when Mark talks to her too, its so sweet, we had one funny moment last night....Mark was talking to his cat telling her she is daddy`s girl, Hannah obviously disagreeing gave one almighty kick in response ....pmsl.

Sonkie, Bean did that to hubby too - he's responding too when he puts his face to my bump and talks to it.. Only he blew a little raspberry on my bump a couple of days ago, followed by a larger raspberry - at which point Bean kicked him in the face really hard!!!! Not quite the response he was expecting!

Still in bed, am now finding it hard to be on the laptop for more than 10 minutes so hubby has moved the digibox upstairs so that I've got more channels to watch.. I'm also doing some birth samplers, one for us (a Noah's ark one), one for a friend who had a baby a month ago (Winnie the Pooh) and one for a very close friend (who was my bridesmaid) who is due in about 4 weeks!

The painkillers are still not really keeping on top of the pain but I haven't used to pethidine again yet, came close night before last but really want to hang fire if I can..

Hope everyone else ok!

x

I can so understand you wanting to avoid what medication you can.....I am also holding back on the co-codamol, I am just about coping during the day its the initial standing up...though I have found gentle hip rocking :eek: quite easing.......I am positive its my stomach muscles complaining, they had enough trouble with the hernia.....lol.
I can now tell Hannah is hiding behind the hernia.....as my hernia is through the stomach wall there must be a bit extra room for her seeing a lot of my bowel is out the way.

I just find it hard to be as active as I wanted to be.......

Active??!! I'm no where near active now, am in bed for 22 hours a day!!! Yeah, I know what you mean about the painkillers but the co-codamol I can[t hold back on - Im taking 60mg codeine four times a day..

Sorry you're struggling with the hernia, its pants when it's so painful all the time isn't it?

Oh guys I feel so bad for you....hope the next few weeks pass quickly and know it will be so worth it in the end....but appreciate it must be such tough going....really admire how up beat you both are. Hugs!!!

Can wait till my hubby and son can feel the kicks on the outside too...I am getting stronger ones by the day so it should be long now.....

I know that Hannah will be worth all the agro.......just wish I could stand up ....though I am no way near as bad as Sunflower is......though right now being in bed would be cool......being awake all night trying to get comfy then the cat waking me up I could throw her out the window......lol.

I dont know about you guys but since being pregnant I have been more windy....both ends TMI ....lol. Well this last week I havent been able to unless I stand up and wiggle ....so I guess Hannah is playing with my bowel.......lol.

Sunflower what will happen about the birth ....surely having your legs apart will be agony, but then recovery after a c-section is longer.....!!!!
I suppose an epidural may help there ...????

Do you think you will make it to full term....?

I dont know about you guys but since being pregnant I have been more windy....both ends TMI ....lol. Well this last week I havent been able to unless I stand up and wiggle ....so I guess Hannah is playing with my bowel.......lol.

:eek::eek: me too....major windy...and much more of the bum versions TMI!!!! Even the midwife doing the scan commented on the level of "bowel gas"..... thought it was the change in diet but think its junior playing around with my insides!!!:rolleyes:

Must admit I'm burping a lot more than usual - usually with heartburn... Not the other end though thankfully!!

Thanks Bea.. I'm not too bad - there are times when I'm anything other than upbeat when the pain is too bad, it's frustrating when you feel you're battling the system too - I've had a referral for the pain team but I can't even book that appointment for the 3rd March now so waiting for my GPs letter to get through to them - but it now turns out that she should have asked for transport when she booked it so I wont be able to get transport to get there and, if I can't lie flat, I dont know how I'll get there.. At least, I suppose, if I'm in agony of agony through travelling then they'll see how bad it gets - if that can be any consolation... Even when I got to the Doctors the other day the receptionist took one look at me and I was laying in a consulting room immediately rather than sitting to wait for a doctor and I guess I'll be worse by the time I get to see the pain team.. Ah well..

Spoke to my physio earlier who was, as ever, utterly lovely.. She was saying about the use of TENS - I'm right in thinking not to use it before 34 weeks, you can use it from 32 weeks but in history of early miscarriages (I've had 3) they dont recommend it.. If bean turned up after 34 weeks I wouldn't mind but before then, well I wouldn't want to tempt anything.....

Sonkie - it's awful being awake so much at night isn't it?? Especially with needing to pee goodness knows how many times! Some times I can get back to sleep quite quickly, others I'll be awake for 4 or 5 hours before painkillers kick in enough.. Hence I'm sleeping more during the day as a result..

With respect to the birth, I'll labour on my side hopefully rather than on my back - with an epidural which will help cover the spd pain.. It's a much kinder position to deliver in too as I lift my leg up towards my chin rather than opening my legs much.. Yeah, if I can get away without a section I'd be so happy - to recover from both would be more tough.. Whether I'll go full term I dont know, they wont induce me early (nor would I ask as inductions carry their own risks) as it's a problem with me rather than Bean, if it were affecting him then fair enough but it's not! Fingers crossed I wont go too overdue though ay?? If it gets really really really bad then they may consider giving me an eletive section at 39 weeks but I'd really prefer to labour if I can.. Wait and see what Bean has in store for me I guess!

:eek::eek: me too....major windy...and much more of the bum versions TMI!!!! Even the midwife doing the scan commented on the level of "bowel gas"..... thought it was the change in diet but think its junior playing around with my insides!!!:rolleyes:

Pmsl.....glad im not the only one

Back