new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

I know!!! I'm sat here constantly watching to se if we get any news ....:D:D:D

Morning peeps....wonder how Nina has got on.......hope all is well.

We have our maternity unit tour today, so looking forward to see what facilities they have and compare them to where I had the boys......lol.

Hoping to see Helen after the tour providing pelvis is fine......wow its hurting to sit down at the moment on the left side ......ouch....!
So I am sat on my heatpack to see if it helps.

Cant believe I only have 4 weeks left .....it has flown by and we are all excited to meet Hannah and see what she looks like, I reckon she gonna have loads of dark hair......just like Daniel and Callum did !!!

hiya guys..

Nina,wow, thats great news!!! Hope evrything is progressing well and you have a gorgeous little bean in your arms!

thans for all the well wishes guys (esp mini, thats kind since youre not a regulr poster so to speak on the thread!) - and sonkie for updating! Not having sich a good time, yesterday afternoon pelvis really started dropping again (shame after a good night!) and last night was awful - maybe got an hour to an hour and a half all added together.. managed to finally doze off about 1pm for an hour which helped but still very sore.. the midwives are giving me sweeps on alternate days, the mw today could almost get her finger through my cervix! so while theres no change to my bishops score my cervix has made a tiny tiny bit of progress in the right direction so Im really pleased with that! jocelyn wasnt impressed about having her head prodded though and kept trying to wriggle further and further up in to my ribs! sweep was -much- more painful today (because she could get further through cervix) but i was more than happy for her to be as vigorous as possible, if it helps get me into labour thats all good! she did at least get some show today (yay!) which i havent had yet! jocelyn still very sleepy so needing regular monitoring but its most likely because im taking more oramorph, in a way i know i can be monitored more so i have more confidence to take it, apreciated after how much pain ive been in at home..

re the corrie line - ive not watched it at all.. glad i havent, not finding the fetal heart last week for 15 min (and thats me being a mw ffs) was the worst thing ever so it just isnt something i think any of us need to see really!

sonkie popped her head round the door while typing this!! hope youre not too sore later sonkie, all the walking on that tour will take it out of you a bit ay?

im struggling to get on the internet much with being so tired and in pain, if anything starts happening I will let sonkie know!

tak care all..

xx

Hiya ....well Helen I couldnt walk past your room on the tour without saying hi.......omg that place is sooooo damn warm I thought I was gonna pass out a few times.......I must say when I got I home I crashed straight out on sofa and actually managed an hour and a half sleep !!!!!
Still cant sit on bum though it is so uncomfortable........naver mind hopefully Hannah will be coming sooner rather than later.

Hi Ladies,

Any news on Nina & bump?

hee hee -you should have taken refuge in here for a bit, the fan in my room is on max speed, 24 hrs a day! what did you think of the unit? hope youre not too sore now..

and, as helen above, hope everything going well nina!

Any update on Nina guys? :):):)

Hope all is well with Nina

Sorry not to have popped in for a while - I think I've been just coming to terms with things... The fact that I am actually expecting (now 15weeks today) and the fact that the diet has to be on hold.

Mentally, I'm doing ok. Belly is definately starting to expand ! I find I've got to watch I don't over-do it, otherwise I get very light headed. Other than that - I've not got any symptoms really, so can't complain.

Love to all x

well ive just spent this morning (in between dozing) reading the whole thread from start to finish, what a journey its been!! has been nice to read it back through actually!

i had another rotten night but kept on taking the oramorph and, eventually, it kicked in about half four and I slept for an hour and then another 40 minutes.. ive also had another two 1 hhour blocks of deep sleep this morning which has been wonderful!

have been seen by the sho this morning (rather than consultant) who said i'll be seen by the reg in the morning, she will do the sweep herself to see if they can induce me tomorrow! im still getting period pains from the sweep yesterday and ive started to pass some show too (nice and blood flecked too, all encouraging!)(sorry for tmi for all the non pg ladies reading, i hadnt realised how many of you read the thread out of intrest - aww, thank you!) so -hopefully- its aa good sign and things are starting to move! even if im not favourable tomorrow it might not be many more days, fingers crossed!

one thing i was joking with hubby about - before i was pg, i was mainly vegan but would eat fish if out for ease (vegan through diet/health choice rather than ethics!) but within weeks i wanted meat and dairy (ironically no fish!).. ive been shocked at my diet in pregnancy, ive wanted sugar and junk. i love veg but ive, for the first time in my life, had to make an effort.. ive also hated raw foods where as i loved them before! however, in the last 3 days ive eaten nothing but salad and wouldhave had it for breakfast if i could! maybe my body is gearing up for the end of this pregnancy?! i do hope so!

OOOOOO Helen good luck for tomorrow......hope you are not melting in that room of yours, I forgot how warm they have maternity........though I am sweating my bits off its sooooo hot again. Must dig out my fan from the attic.....!
Do you know the domestics name on Argyle ward Im sure my ex`s niece and her auntie work on there, though it may be the other ward....there names are kelly and sally both surnames Symons.....

I have my fingers crossed for you for tomo.......x

Hi all!! What an eventful few days....

As Nina hasnt been on I expect she;s in hopital....cant wait to hear about her news.....

Sunflower.....no long now by the sounds of things....hopefully you will be in labour soon.....thats amazing about your change in eating habits....apparently you loose weight just before you give birth too?

Sonkie....its great you were able to see Sunflower.....no longer for you either......

Roll on 18th June....I cant wait to meet my little bundle!!

sonkie - dont recognise the names but then i dont know the names of all the girls up here so thats not to say they dont! hope you were able to get your fan ok, id be lost without mine!

bea - well i never, id not heard that one! sure its not just when your waters go? :D ;)

had a nice afternoon, a friend i used to work with on nicu came in to see me, was lovely to catch up! hubby came in about 5 (with salad!!) and we sat munching on chicken with loads of raw spinach, cucumber, toms etc etc etc and then watched some tv before he headed home.. was just very "normal", ive missed doing that sort of thing over the last week!

not long had another sweep (number 4!), mw unable to get finger through cervix still (but she said she couldnt quite reach as head still high and her fingers short!) but what she could get to was soft and 0.5cm dilated! so its progressinf! i know its only a little littlle progress and not enough to change my bishops score but its all moving in the right direction so thats more than good enough for me!

did anyone watch the programme on teen mums? what a lovely school, i wish there were more like them.. i cried when she gave birth to her little girl - hormones reallyy are going mad now - but then that could be hubby and i tomorrow!!

just had some oramorph, hoping for a better night than last night.. jocelyn is very busy though so need her to go to sleep first - but its lovely feeling her move after last week so dont mind a jot!

night night

x

Hiya....yes I know its only 4.40 am......I cant sleep hips and pelvis not too comfy......and a bit fed up tooas Mark promised to have stopped smoking by end of april but he is still smoking ....the smell really repulses me too. Anyway he has just been up for a ciggie and came back to bed stinking so I got up in a huff......so here I am.

Sonkie......sorry to hear you are a rough time...seems to be getting worse as time goes on eh? I know what you mean about smoking....my hubby also smokes and was supposed to give up at end of Marhc and having not managed to give up after we had our son....he still hasnt in fact I swear he's smoking more...LOL! He only smokes outside and I cant smell it to be honest but its grating on me at the moment also!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. Waiting for the good news so am checking your forum all the time. I gave up smoking when I was three months pregnant with my little darling girl who is going to be two in a few months. My partner also gave up with me and we are both still non-smokers or should I say ex-smokers as we are the worst - lol.

Good luck everyone.

sonkie - sorry to hear about the smoking thing, not helped by pregnancy nose either ay? hows your pelvis today? hope its easier.. also your hernia - is that causing you any trouble the nearer you get?

bea, yep, shes far too comfy in there.. how are you getting on? hope everythings ok!

we should have all given our mobile number to someone, would have stopped us all wondering about nina! sonkie and I have each others - bea, im happy to grab yours and then i can post updates if you like, the 18th june must be coming round for you ay?

well the reg didnt examine me at all this morning after lookin forward to something being done, even though my bishops score is now 5.5 (assesses how favourable your cervix is to an induction working.. scored out of 13. over 7 they induce you by just breaking your watrs. under 5 you need hormone pessaries to get your cervix open enouh to break the waters. 0-1 means you dont bother..) but she just said i wasnt near enough yet and theyd examine me at the end of the week.. i dont understand.. ive done inductions on women who are less favourable than me, i dont understand why theyre leaving me.. im in so much pain from all the sweeps yet theyre not progressing me enough - and no one is giving me a cut off point.. as i said to them this morning, what if im not favourable until 10 days after my due date? would i just be left that long? im exhausted - from the pain, the lack of sleep - but nothing seems to be being done.. i really wish theyd do something now.. th consultant isnt in until thurs, more likely friday though so i doubt anything will happen til then. its as frustrating for hubby as it is for me, more so for him as his father had a stroke a few weeks ago so hes supporting him too as well as looking after thedog and the house - and trying to work full time and set the business up too.. i cant even do annything here to help him, i could at least make a meal at home or make sure he had a clean uniform for work, i know its little things but it did make a difference and i just feel so useless stuck here when theyre not doing anything.. it might be partly my fault for grabbbing on to things (like that the sho said the reg would assess me today re inducing me today) and hoping - but when ive been in so much pain for over 30 weeks its understandable..

but still, i'll have to run out of tears eventually today and tomorrow is a new day so will see what that brings, would be wonderful if it were labour - fingers crossed ay?

Hiya Helen.....pelvis not too bad was back at derriford today with Dan at A&E clinic, he been taped up again and gotta start walking round without the crutches at home......he is back next monday afternoon.

Hernia (touch wood) has been fine so far..........!
I have the parents of children with ADHD support group again tomorrow so im sure I will be in for a bad night tomorrow as I have to leave at 8.30 to get to Mount Gould for 10am........then last week I got in at 2pm.....so in this heat my feet will be huge by that time.

I have ANC on thursday for the last scan and to see the consultant so hope to get a good pic again.....if she keeps still.

Why the hell are they making you suffer its not as if baby will be termed as prem.......its not on and it seemed very very quiet on sunday when we came in for the tour so not as if they are snowed under.....in fact I didnt hear one baby crying or anyone in labour making a noise.

Ok who wants a giggle at my expense...?

Myself and Dan were just about to get off the bus from hospital when Dans great auntie got on the bus so I said hi to her........as I get off the bus I always say thanks to the driver.....well I turned , looked him in the eye and said "hiya" as I was getting off, all the people in the queue just burst out laughing. So I quickly looked back at him and said I did mean to say thank you......he just smiled and said " I thought so " omg how stupid did I feel ......but it made Dan laugh.

Back