New & Need Help & Advice Please!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hiya,

I am wanting so bad to loose loads of weight, I cannot afford to Lighter Life and cambridge seem like a good option for me how ever some told me that you can order it off the net from america? Is this true?

We are very very financially strapped so could not afford an extra £35 each week really but was wondering does anyone know if it would be cheaper from usa or if anyone has any ideas that would be GREAT.

Thanks

Desperate-Fat-Wife

The USA cambridge diet is a different diet to the one over here.

I know £35 seems a lot, but remember you don't need to buy any extra food or drink (except the occasional cuppa).

It doesn't really add up much more.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hiya,

I am wanting so bad to loose loads of weight, I cannot afford to Lighter Life and cambridge seem like a good option for me how ever some told me that you can order it off the net from america? Is this true?

We are very very financially strapped so could not afford an extra £35 each week really but was wondering does anyone know if it would be cheaper from usa or if anyone has any ideas that would be GREAT.

Thanks

Desperate-Fat-Wife

Hi hun,

I'm really not sure if Cambridge would be cheaper from the US or even uses the same medical guidelines as we do in the UK?

I'm sure one of our Cambridge Diet Counsellors will be along very soon to give you as much information as you need to make a choice about diets and cost.

Sorry I can't give you actual facts....I just wanted you to know that we are all here.

Lacey:)

Hiya, I dont know if its cheaper, but would imagine with postage that it doesnt work out much cheaper to be honest...and I think the US program is different to the UK program so you would need to be careful of that...

Why not see if you can find CDC in your area and go speak to them? If you are doing one of the higher calorie plans then I dont think you need as many packs per day so that would cut down the cost a bit...I think most people pay around £33 per week, based on 3 meals per day

I know that i dont have to buy extra food but I have a family that i still have to shop for so would still have to shop for food for them and really cannot afford both...i know the end result would be worth it but financially i just couldn't

See, I knew someone would be here to give you informed advice:D

Hope that helps you make a decision Desperate...x

Hi desperate, hun i know how u feel about being in a tight financial situation, i myself am a single parent and not able to work due to my health problems but i am starting cd on monday.
You could do the 12 or 1500 plan which will work out cheaper.
Cd in America is not the same as Cd here and u would not be able to get it sent to u from the usa i have researched that myself.
Maybe u could check out the Cd website and see the different plans and see which one would be best for u.

Www.cambridgedieters.com

The 1200 plan is only 2 packs a day and normal food and u will still have good weight losses.
Hope i have been able to offer u some advice.
I am sure there will be some other peeps along soon who can offer u some advice.
Take care and looking forward to chatting 2 u x

I know that i dont have to buy extra food but I have a family that i still have to shop for so would still have to shop for food for them and really cannot afford both...i know the end result would be worth it but financially i just couldn't

Would it help if you added up and got a rough idea of what you spend each week on food that you eat yourself?

I know that's what I did and then saw that I could afford Cambridge for myself.

Lacey:)

I really want to pay for it with a credit card i know its just getting in to debt but it seriously is the only way i can afford to do it..... i have tried slimming world and all the other diets and they just dont work...I did Cambridge many moons ago and it workd brill for me.... my local CDC does not accept Credit card so I am up a canal with out a paddle....

Your diet food would be instead of your food, so your grocery bill would be smaller. Remember that it's not 'extra' but instead. Of course, it depends on how much you spend on food for yourself anyway.

I wouldn't think the 1200 cals would be much use to you (sorry Roch). I would think the extras you need would at least add up to the £1.50 you would spend on that 3rd shake.

Although I cant condone debt (v bad experience) I do understand where you are coming from....maybe you could take the cash from your account and make up watever difference there is on the card when you go shopping?

Dont even think about withdrawing cash from your credit card....the interest & charges on cash withdrawals are too high

I'm sure we'll all find a way between us to help you do this:)

Your diet food would be instead of your food, so your grocery bill would be smaller. Remember that it's not 'extra' but instead. Of course, it depends on how much you spend on food for yourself anyway.

I wouldn't think the 1200 cals would be much use to you (sorry Roch). I would think the extras you need would at least add up to the £1.50 you would spend on that 3rd shake.

I hear you Karion I really do but i only spend about £40 a fortnight as it is on food....I am not a single parent but we have a very low wage in this house and we are struggling with that as I am in college so can only work part time.

I have a Credit card that is 0% until next year so was going to use that as next year I will be qualified and will have more money coming in to pay off the credit card.

To be honest I know you are saying about it being expensive. I'm a single mum too and don't have much money at all. But this diet has certainly saved me money because what packs I buy that really is it. I always used to snack on whatevr was in the house and end up having to buy more for the kids then eat it again myself so it was a vicious circle. Now I just don't pick at things it's fantastic and saves a fortune on shopping for food.

Would that make any difference to how you could think of condoning the expense for the diet?

hmm sorry we must have been posting at the same time. £40 per fortnight really isn't much for food is it?

Is there absolutely nothing you can cut down on instead?

I hear you Karion I really do but i only spend about £40 a fortnight as it is on food....I am not a single parent but we have a very low wage in this house and we are struggling with that as I am in college so can only work part time.

I do understand. That's about how much I pay for food a fortnight, so it does cost more.

As kati says, I was surprised how much I saved on those little extras that nobody really knew about. The extra packet of crisps that I picked up in the shop when getting the petrol;) etc.

Anyway. Hope you find a way around it.

I have a Credit card that is 0% until next year so was going to use that as next year I will be qualified and will have more money coming in to pay off the credit card.

I may be on my own with this thought but I would say that if you are confident that finances will improve next year and that your 0% credit card can allow you to do the diet you want and make the repayments, then if it was me, I would do it.

I totally understand about v.low income and studying as I came out of a 4 year Social Work Degree in May this year. It's only now, 5 months after starting a job, that I can feel things easing.

The other side of the coin is, if you can't bear the worry of the credit card payments...don't do it by that method.:)

Lacey...xxx

Hi D-F-W
i have been reading about your dilema, i understand what you are saying about the cost, i felt the same as you when i first thought about doing it.
although we are not a low income family we are far from being flush, but i am lucky in that being a nurse i am able to do extra shifts & so do 1 extra night a month & that almost covers my month supply.
i really hope you find some way to be able to do what you need to do
good luck whatever you decide

I started selling books on Amazon and what I get from that more than covers my supply. If you have any old books lying around then you could try that! Sorry if that isnt very helpful but It works for me and Im a poor student with no Job.

Back