NEW REGIME: 11 ON / 2 OFF

Mr Creosote

I have started Lipotrim diet / Food replacement diet for the umpteenth time. The most I have ever done was 14 days and lost 19lbs.

However, for me, it was no easier on Day 14 than it was on Day 1 (probably worse), despite being in Ketosis. My mood was in my boots and I was snapping at everyone.

So I have decided to do 11 days on VLCD then 2 off ( eating only low carb foods...mixed grill type affair, no toast ). Then a further 11 days on and 2 off until I get the desired loss. I need to lose 6 stone.

Psychologically I can face 11 days. Does this make sense to anyone?.

makes sence to me mate.... not nthe way TFR is supposed to be done but hey if it works for you then all Kudos!! keep us posted how you get on and good luck...

I thought on my first time on LT, its all or nothing, and in someways i still believe it.. but, 11days on and 2 days off is better than no days on. Sometimes we have to make the diet suit us if we don't suit the diet. for me thou..... i'd end up eating 2 weeks worth in the 2days!

I had a similar pattern! I could do 9 days and on the 10th day, I would fall of the wagon.. I restarted thrice on LT and twice on CD, but every time between 9th and 12th day I would quit. Finally I made a custom plan, on the 10th day, for the last meal on that day I would eat what I want. For the 1st few breaks I took I just pigged, but there was only so much I could eat. I was very strict with my plan that it had to be the last meal and I should go back 100% on the diet from the next day and no excuses at all. It was a little tempting when I started the next day, but I would tell myself the next 9th day break would come arnd soon and would start thinking of what I would like to eat. I planned the breaks to have my favourite foods. This has been going on for 2 months now but soon after a month, my persistence on staying on the diet showed in the scales and I got wow looks from others. Now I plan my 9th day breaks carefully with food like cottage cheese and chicken so that I stay in ketosis and dont get bloated & show up as fake weight on scales, in turn de-motivating me. I have even skipped the break this last time and am going strong.

What Im trying to say is some people like me just cant be 100% in VLCD for the entire period. Take that break when your body urges, but make sure its only one meal and you are straight back on the plan the very next day. But let me warn you that it will be harder once you are out of ketosis and the headaches from withdrawal will be there again.

Jst my experience although it is not exactly the plan and many will disagree with it. It just works for me. It is not the blips that matter but staying focussed in the long term that will yield results.

Stay focussed, be sensible, listen to your body but dont binge or pig out without control on your actions.

I hope it helps and all the best with your weight loss.

Last edited:
I have started Lipotrim diet / Food replacement diet for the umpteenth time. The most I have ever done was 14 days and lost 19lbs.

However, for me, it was no easier on Day 14 than it was on Day 1 (probably worse), despite being in Ketosis. My mood was in my boots and I was snapping at everyone.

So I have decided to do 11 days on VLCD then 2 off ( eating only low carb foods...mixed grill type affair, no toast ). Then a further 11 days on and 2 off until I get the desired loss. I need to lose 6 stone.

Psychologically I can face 11 days. Does this make sense to anyone?.

This might sound harsh but I can see no way of this working and it will lead to failure. If you can't get your mindset into eating healthily for more than 10 days then it doesn't bode well long term. Before you know it you'll be putting your body under massive sress by falling in and out of Ketosis and you'll make exceptions at 7 days in etc. These diets are designed to be adhered to 100%, if you can't give them that commitment then you are probably best trying something else.

Back