New start, new route

Miss_c1985

Hi ya

My names Claire and I have started the diet today! I have been on many diets I was at one stage 17 stone and lost 5 stone on WW unfortunately life got in the way for me and I piled on around 3 stone and ever since I have been a yo yo diet and have a complete obsession with food I use food as a comfort for me and I have heard some great things about Dukan and hoping this helps me :)

Book is my new bible

Will be using this site for support as I am going to need it

Thanks for listening!

Hi Clare. Good luck with Dukan. I lost about 1.5 stone during the first half of last year with ww but I could never really get it back together after my summer holidays. I thought the Pro Points plan was great but in the end I cracked lol and have gradually put 2/3 of the weight I lost back on.

I started Dukan a couple of weeks ago and am 7.5lb down already. I like that the rules are straight forward. You can eat anything and as much as you want when you want as long as it is one of those 100 foods (72 on attack). There is none of that negotiating with yourself like there is on ww where you make deal to have x then you won't have y instead. For me it makes food choices much calmer. I've not especially craved anything and I have found I am eating for fuel and not out to fill boredom. I suppose say a slice of chicken mid afternoon does not have the same gratification as biscuits but it does stop my tummy rumbling so I don't go back for more just for the sake of eating. Maybe it will be the same for you if you have a problem with comfort eating. I hope so :)

Hi Miss C and Pudnpie

I was the same! WW worked great for me to start with (losing 3 stones) but in the end, the rules were too loose - I need strict rules to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Good luck, Miss C - hope Dukan works for you.

Pudnpie, sounds like you're already well in the zone!

P x :D

Hey all I'm the same lost 2.5 stone on ww but stalled for over a year!!! Never put it back on but just couldn't budge anymore, as you say rules were too loose!!!

I need strictness which is helping I either eat on the list or not at all nine of this haggling hmmmmmm snickers or dinner lol

Good luck you will love the Dukan ways and the new you xxx

Thank you so much for your great replies I am really looking forward to this new plan and really hope this helps me! I have really let myself down and I need to get my butt into gear :)

I am ready for action!

Great to see many people getting on with the plan x

I need strictness which is helping I either eat on the list or not at all nine of this haggling hmmmmmm snickers or dinner lol
With me it was wine or dinner ......!! It think the official term is wineorexic!! :8855:

P x

Morning Claire how are you doing? I was a clerk at ww love the vpeople but the diet was no good for me, hated counting point and would ' forget' what I didn't want to remember...love the rules on Dukan it does stop that obsessive cravings don't know how but it does( I should say it does for me, some still crave) best of luck x

Hi Miss C.
I too am a former wwatcher. Have done it more times than I care to remember. Anyhow, I was doing it on and off for most of last year. Would do great for a few months then would binge like crazy. I found the new propoints great, flexibility was great. However having always been a carb addict I went on to finally admit to myself that ww was not and never will be the way I keep weight off after losing it. I found myself eating so many carbs, because I could as it was within my points allowance. Carbs (all those except found in veg) really don't suit me. Once I start on them I just can't leave them alone. Triggers something in my brain. I would have 10/15 points worth of porridge somedays, no wonder my poor tum was out like a football. I also found I got completely obsessed with counting of points. Now, don't get me wrong, I know we were supposed to count them in order to keep a check on it and lose the weight but I found that I was completely and utterly obsessed with food and points from the moment I opened my eyes in the morning till the time I fell asleep. Not good for ones headspace. Anyhow, after much rambling on, I LOVE the Dukan plan, I love the fact we don't have to count anything, weigh anything or for me get obsessed and panicked in anyway if I've "gone over points". I also love the fact that it has curbed my binge mentality hugely, something ww could never do for me. For God sake I even went for counseling having self diagnosed binge eating disorder. Bad, processed carbs for me were the enemy. Dukan eliminates them which is why I love it so much. Best of luck to you on your Dukan journey. I've still a stone or so to lose, get a little peeved at times that I'm not there yet but can't honestly say I've never felt better in my entire life. Long live Dukan.. xx

So pleased to hear great responses about the Dukan diet! I have successfully completed 5 days of attack and have managed to lose 7ibs!!

Tomorrow I start the cruise stage and I can't wait :)

I hope everyone is doing well on their journey

X

half a stone.....what a great loss......enjoy your pv day tomorrow mmmmmmm mine too veg preped ready lol x

Great to see ye doing so well on The Dukan, miss_c and Madison. You will be so into it in a few weeks that you will wonder where it has been all your life! Keep up the good work and enthusiasm.

Back