new start, we have let things slip

weight up again and no doubt will differ again by next week. hope your both doing ok xoxo

i am fine have put on a few pounds and am trying to get it down to 3lbs over target by tomorrow evening.

Hi everyone, I am wondering if I can join you ladies please? I am a very bad dieter. I was doing so well last year (2010) and lost 24lbs - now I have had a year of upsets this year (2011), what do I turn to - damn food and no exercise :rolleyes:
Consequently I have piled it all back on and look like a fat pig. I hate myself. And its all been over some bloke who wasn't damn well worth it in the first place.

The good news is I am determined to lose weight again and my depression is now lifted. I would love to join here to inspire and be inspired of course.

I shall be doing a Calorie Controlled diet with plenty of exercise as that is how I lost so much last year.

I feel very ashamed of myself :eek:

Hi Wii Gym Bunny. Of course you can join us. I tend to stick to the gym and a cal controlled diet when well enough to follow things properly. I wont be able to get back in to the gym for approx 2 weeks but im hoping to be focused when i can get back to it. Dont be so hard on yourself re your gain. We only know the struggles too well which is why we are here supporting each other. I look forward to following your posts on here and hope you stick with us. Hugs xoxo
ps guys - am putting weight on and its mums birthday this week so have to treat her. The good news is i have finished treatment, the bad news is most of the symptoms are still there so lets see. Will restart diet early in the new year and gym hopefully in the second week :)

weighed tonight and only 1lb xmas gain, happy not fatbunny reporting.
ps. hello wii gym bunny

Hi Wii Gym Bunny. Of course you can join us. I tend to stick to the gym and a cal controlled diet when well enough to follow things properly. I wont be able to get back in to the gym for approx 2 weeks but im hoping to be focused when i can get back to it. Dont be so hard on yourself re your gain. We only know the struggles too well which is why we are here supporting each other. I look forward to following your posts on here and hope you stick with us. Hugs xoxo
ps guys - am putting weight on and its mums birthday this week so have to treat her. The good news is i have finished treatment, the bad news is most of the symptoms are still there so lets see. Will restart diet early in the new year and gym hopefully in the second week :)
Hi FSO, thanks for the welcome :) I am glad to have found this place as I just know its going to help keep me motivated - now my mind is in the right place too, I am determined to lose this chubb.

I will be sticking with you, you all seem lovely in this thread and I look forward to chatting, sharing and supporting with you all.

Thanks again for the welcome :)

Love Danielle X

Hi all...I am the ultimate restarter...every year I make a vow to lose the weight once and for all but always seem to find myself in the same place every December....this year no more. I really do not want to be here this time next year saying the same thing!!

My biggest pitfall is losing momentum and falling off the wagon. That happens far too easily for me. I am so glad I found this site because I hope it will give me the help I need when I feel like I want to go on a binge.

Hi dublin rose - hope you find the support you need through the forums. Feel free to join us.
Danielle - I feel we are all lovely in the thread too :). Me and FB have had our regular thread going for a few years now and sometimes wipe it clear and start the thread from scratch each year but it seems a lot of people benefit from reading our posts so perhaps its best to keep our old one active. Will see what FB and Diva feel. Diva has been the only other person to keep her word and with us. We get many who come and go so its nice when people stick with us and were more than happy for you to join us. I think it will be good as youre in to the gym and so am I so feel free to post what youre up to in the gym and I can do likewise just for motivation/ inspiration etc. For me the main downfall is the food side as when I am well enough I make the gym at least 5 times a week and dont struggle with this as get in to a routine but have to wait a little longer before can get back in to gym habits. So welcome again and if you are sticking with us then tell us a little bit about yourself so we can understand you and your issues better and hopefully offer you the support you need. FB and Diva has been angels for me this year and kept me going in times of great despair as its been a touch year for me so im looking forward to 2012 - well the second week in 2012 when i hope I can make a new start. FB/ Diva i think i will be 12 stone again very soon and restarting with that weight for the new year. Not great but what will be will be for the last few days of this year. FB well done on only gaining a pound - most impressive indeed xoxo

fso, 12st by the start of the new year surely not. i am working hard to get this lb off for mondays weigh in. back to work so walking every day and did a kettlebell class this evening too so things are looking good.

well done on the kettlebell class and walking and yes my weights going up and have a sneaky feeling will be back up there. Will try not to but lack of exercise isnt helping and just eating. I was still under 12stone this morning but not far from it - lets see what happens. I am sure you will get your pound off - youre determined :)

went to pizza express tonight as i had tesco vouchers that had to be used by 31/12/11, 2 slices of cheese and tomato pizza and an ordinary coffee so not too bad. the others had desserts but not me and my slices were from my younger daughter plate as she could not eat a whole pizza herself so i did not order anything for myself.

Happy New Year to you all. Hope 2012 is the year for all of us. FB Not 12 stone but almost. 11stone 10lbs!!! My New Years start weight. I think some of it will come off quickly but had a feeling I would put on a bit. Just a few more days and I can return to the gym> I am still off sick for another week so i will try and use that time to get back in to some sort of routine - be it only 20 minutes in the gym to start with- - its better than nothing. My issue has been the food though more than anything else. Im going to try and be better with quantities today as that really is where its going wrong. All the best xoxo

Last edited:
Well foodwise I didnt do too great yesterday but I did manage to get in to the gym but ended up paying a personal trainer to train me as I think I would have left after 15 mins. It kept me there for a full hour so I was pleased. He didnt push me but I worked harder than I would have done if had trained alone. A friend also persuaded me to go to the cinema with her to get me out and we didnt have any cinema food apart from drinks. This is a major achievement as I love cinema food. My tummy hurt really bad last night so I cried and felt fed up as desperate for this last treatment to have worked and finally cured me but im not feeling too positive. Wont know for another 6 weeks if the infection has been killed this time. I return to work in a week hopefully too as need a routine and i guess a life back. I have no option but to be good with food today as tummy is sore and tender to touch so hopefully will help me be good today and not indulge as I have been doing for a few days. Hope youre all okay xoxo

Happy New Year everyone, and a big hello to the new ladies here !!! Off we go again into another new year, eh ??? I regained 3 lbs....no surprise there, as I drank like a fish and had a very merry time !! Hehe !!!

Aims are to get down to 210 before the end of January and then push on down from there !!! Back on the healthy low cal grub, no alcohol ( big cheer from my liver !! ) and back on a walking programme, starting tomorrow !!! Starting slowly for two weeks with only 20 miles per week as a target, after my big old fun walk !!! Hehe !!!

Diva x

Hi all, I am also a restarter! Read back to some of my 2010 posts and realised I have seriously fallen off the wagon! Oh well, back now! Good luck to all! :D

Hi all. the enthusiasm and motivation on the threads can be felt. Hope we can stick to it and look to each other for our continued support. Diva I am impressed with just 3lbs as long as you enjoyed the festive season :) Well done on completing your fun walk also. I managed to be good foodwise yesterday - probably cos i had no option. Hoping for another sensible day today too and think it will probably happen to avoid causing my tummy more pain. I return to work next week so will aim to get back in the gym closer towards the weekend. We can so do this!! xoxo

managed a swim and a short session in the gym last night and felt better for it. Hope I can reach 11stone 7lbs by the 10th January. Hope youre all well xoxo

Last edited:
managed a swim and a short session in the gym last night and felt better for it. Hope I can reach 11stone 7lbs by the 10th December. Hope youre all well xoxo
i take it u mean january? well done on the swim and gym session,5 miles walked and a kettlebell class today for me.

Well done FSO and Fatbunny !!! I'm up to 14 miles walked....only another 6 to squeeze in this week !!! I'm beginning to feel the exercise buzzy euphoric feeling again.....let's hope it gets as addictive as chocolate is for me !!!! Woop woop !!!!

Diva x

yes i meant january - oops. Well done on the kettlebell class. Diva well done on the walking and yes i hope its as addictive as chocolate for you. I managed a good day foodwise with no exercise today. Feeling quite sad this evening but unsure why and also need to wait and speak to someone at the uni tomorrow to see if they will let me commence my phd that i was due to start this week but as I am off sick still until next week and unsure whether im fixed they have concerns over me starting i think. So now feeling low cos of that too but I guess hopefully will know something by tomorrow. xoxo

Back