New start with Slimming world from Page 14 !!!!!

Hi Anne,

I have just read through your diary from the beginning and have thoroughly enjoyed it - so thank you for you dedication in keeping it.

I would love to keep a diary but I am really not very good at regular entries etc.

You are doing fabulously so far and I look forward to hearing about WI2.

Morning Anne,

Am just catching up after my AWOL over the last few days studying.

I can totally understand your Friday night panic...and that damn chatterbox making you think about the negatives and doubt yourself. Well done for getting through it! I went around my nieces house and they keep trying to feed me there food. The little-ist is insistent, so I have to pretend and got way too near a bit of gammon last night! We want this, so we will be victorious.

Try not to think about the days back to back into months, but focus on how much you have achieved so far and work on the day by day. They soon add up - after all it seems like no time since your first weigh in.

You can do this and you are! Have a good day (another one!!)

Day 12

Thank you Ruth and Lottie....... Ruth, to be honest, this diary is keeping me on the straight and narrow, it's funny really I never realised just how much time and attention I have spent in the past thinking about and eating food! This gives me something else to do with my hands and keeps my thoughts focused!

Lottie, I am glad you managed to get your studying done... I am so lax at the moment but I just felt I needed to give myself time to concentrate on getting this right... will get into it!

Last night whilst I was stewing , my hubby was chatting to me and said, look think about pizza, what is it after all.... oily dough, various toppings often greasy ! He reminded us that a dominos pizza order will put us back 20 quid for the two of us, we often complain that it is over or under cooked, and that we usually waste a fair portion of it! It's easy to look at something and think of it as something it isn't! the perfect meal, the perfect taste and all that... well after thinking hard about it we thought hmmm yep a cheap takeaway or a quick drink at the pub, a couple of packets of crisps etc are really so unimportant it's laughable!

To think how many times I have succumbed to a mac donalds meal ( I detest mc Donalds food) and broken a diet for it, it's scary.. I think it comes down to the PSS (personal sabbotarge system) rearing it's ugly head and playing with all the insecurities that we all have....

I know the insides and outs of Nutrition... studied it, have the diploma.... I also know a bit about how the mind works due to my training and work as a hypnotherapist...... But in the past have struggled so much to apply the facts to my own situation.... From now on I'm going to concentrate on self honesty and self discipline.....

So this leaves me starting day 12 even more focused than I have been for the last 12 days. I am sure the PSS will attack, but if so I will acknowledge it and put it aside.
I have my eye on a new wardrobe, (the contents anyway) a draw full of new matching lingerie, and have decided that when I get to goal, I am going to look at a new career, probably using my hypno, nutritional knowledge and most possibly cambridge all tied up together..... I have wasted so much of my life wishing this, wishing that, but NO MORE!!!!!

So good luck to everyone for a good day today, whether you are at the beginning or toward the end! Yes it's hard, but if we want it, we will and can do it!!!!!:)

Sound like your hubby talks a lot of sense Anne. Domino's Pizza is (was) a firm favourite in our house too - and yet I always ended up putting mine in the oven to cook it a bit more, and ended up forcing the last couple of slices down as it was too expensive to waste it.

Im sure I will always love Pizza, but I certainly wont be eating a large one to myself ever again! This diet is bloody hard and Im not going to undo all my hard work by stuffing my face but I firmly believe that a little bit of what you fancy does you good. Its just making sure I stick to the little bit that will be the challenge.

Sounds like you have been doing a lot of thinking about your future, and your career. You are such a positive person anyway you would be great at whatever you choose to do.

Have a fab weekend Anne

Sam

Thanks again :)
Well another day draws to a close... and it has been good....
Walked round the summer fete a school whilst my son munched a cheeseburger! NO PROBLEM!

I sat whilst my hubby and son ate their tea! NO PROBLEM!

I think yesterdays trials made me really want this more and more so todays temptations were very bearable....

It has also been a beautiful sunny day here today and the thought of losing the flab and being more comfortable when we get our heat wave LOLOL is a real incentive....

Can't believe I only have one more full day to go before weigh in <mon night> time is flying so fast.....

I am fingers crossed for a 4lb weight loss this week and I will be very happy.....

Had a pair of jeans on this morning a size smaller (20 instead of 22) and I wore them most of the day until late afternoon I was a bit bloated and they became a bit uncomfortable! But I'm almost their.... Just two more sizes until I can wear my warddrobe dress.... I will put some of my old clothes in their so My wardrobe doesn't feel lonely... it has had that dress to itself for I think a year!

Anyway good night all..... and keep up the good work all you hardfast CD'ers

happy sunday, anne! im so pleased that your hubby gave you reasons to avoid dominos...he's very encouraging, it seems! thats wonderful!

i havent posted in a day, but to save repeating myself, i typed it up in my diary....well, in a nutshell anyways.

i CANNOT wait to hear about your monday night weigh in! i am willing to bet that you have probably exceeded the 4lb goal! i bet you've reached 5 off this week! woot! My weigh in is first thing, monday morning...so of course, i'll update my weekly loss "list" that i have on my signature.

I hope you have a lovely day with the family!

DAY 13

Thanks Dis! And hope you have a good day too.... Good luck for tomorrow AM!

Am still sitting in bed and having a lazy morning.... mooching around this forum and sticking my oar in everywhere... It really helps me being able to post on here, keeps me on the straight and narrow!

I have been thinking again about all the lost time I have spent, mucking around being fat! All the time I have felt miserable and felt like a second class citizen.... I'm sure much of it was about how I felt about myself, but I know for sure that some of it was how people portrayed me...

I am impatient to be thin, but am trying to reign myself in, not to be too impatient... I once had a dream that I lost 1 stone a month.. aadmittedly, it just dropped off without any of this effort but I remember when I woke up thinking if only there was a way to drop a stone a month healthily... well I have found the method and I will not stop till I am happy...

I find it sad to see so many people struggling with this diet, as I am enjoying being in control for the first time ever!!!
If you are reading this and are struggling... then just try to imagine how good you will feel when at goal.... you will feel so amazing....

Anyway.... going to shower and then go feed the ducks with my son... my girls are away until this evening, so the house is sooooo quiet!

Good luck for today everyone.... get cracking! Just imagine the little black dress for the christmas party ( or the male equivalent of course!!!!)
:party0023:

Hi Anne

Just dropping in to see how you are getting on. I know exactly what you mean about being sad for those who are struggling with the diet, I have tried many diets over the years and it is wonderful to have found something finally that actually works and doesnt make me hungry (well most of the time anyway)

Have a great Sunday and good luck for WI tomorrow.

Good morning, what nice weather today, eh? Makes the diet so much easier I think.

Haven't had my shake this morning, but looking forward to another banana one!

I'm really pleased Anne because I lost 2lbs yesterday, which takes my real week total to 10lbs. You are doing so well, I'm looking forward to reading your weigh in. I reckon it'll be 5lbs - you probably know already though (if you've been weighing everyday like me)?

And as day 13 ends I am feeling very contented if not a wee bit aprehensive about tomorrows weigh in... I so want to lose 4lbs to clear the first stone....

I also am still undecided about which products to purchase for next week, i feel liek a change so thought I might have....
10 Shakes: mixture of Strawberry, Vanilla and banana
4 bars for 1 every other day. ( 2 eaqch of cranberry and peanut)
7 hot chocolates / Mint choc mixed.
I am goign to get a mix a mousse and intend to do a shake in the morning.... a bar or mouuse for lunch
And a hot choocie for supper!!

I am going to leave the soups this week as I have been feeling more cravings after a soup than any other shake....

I think this is because I am a savoury person and having a savoury soups sets my savoury tooth goign....

Just a thought!

Anyway a good time was had today..... I am now looking forward to next week and another nice weight loss!

Goodnight to all of you... and have a good day tomorrow!

good evening anne...well, it will be morning when you read this i think..
anyways, did you have a nice time feeding the ducks with your son?

Wahey wahey, tomorrow is our weigh in day! mine is first thing in the morning so i will be posting my total for the week just after and im really looking forward to knowing the total for the week...PLUS i'll be here looking for your results in the afternoon/evening! ((i just know you are going to clear 5lbs!!))

your list of foods looks like a nice variety. if you havet already tried the bars, you'll have to tell me how they are...

i was just saying on sams thread (wannalose8stone) that its just gone midnite and i havent had my last "meal" yet! over the last couple days, my hunger level has dropped dramatically....so bizarre...plus i havent had very much water at all today. which makes me feel disappointed. but i will have to make a super effort tomorrow to get rehydrated!!

good luck with the weigh in (what time do you usually go??))

i hope to see wonderful results for you!!!

Day 14!!!!

Whhhooooo hooooooo..........I can't believe I have managed 14 days.... not because it's been overly difficult, but because I don't usually suceed in many things.....

" When the going gets tough, I get going" BUT not this time.....

I can honestly say that since about day 4, I have not been hungry AT ALL, sure my tummy rumbles which is quite a novelty as it's never had the chance to do that before, and yes I have food cravings where i want pizza and curry but I want to be slim so much more than I want to eat these foods.... Therfore I find that at times Ketosis works so well, that I have to actually force down the meal shakes as I am just not hungry for them and have no desire to eat!

It's weigh day today!!!! I hope I have cleared the dreaded 4lb.. sill really, it's become an issue for me now, losing 10 the first week I just want to clear the first stone.... which means 4lb off for me tonight fingers crossed
68.jpg

Getting close to moving day... I supposed I should be stressed, but I'm not can't wait to get in the new house, make some new 'slim' memories! I have also decided, that I really do want a dog, I have held back because at the moment I am just too knackered all the time to take it for walks. BUT have decided that I have so much more energy, that it will be a go... once I have moved and settled... A cream or Apricot Labradoodle! Now all I have to do is talk hubby around....

Anyway.... have quite a bit to do this morning, so good luck for today everyone,,,,, don't forget if you are just starting out... IT DOES GET EASIER!!!!

Anne I admire you so much, you are you so well and being so strong on the diet. I am a bit fed up already. Not during the week, just the weekends. And now i've found out i musn't drink on my birthday, its a bit rubbish. But I guess I got myself into this state, I must get myself out.

Good luck for tonight!

Anne I admire you so much, you are you so well and being so strong on the diet. I am a bit fed up already. Not during the week, just the weekends. And now i've found out i musn't drink on my birthday, its a bit rubbish. But I guess I got myself into this state, I must get myself out.

Good luck for tonight!

Hi Willow,
I am really nothing special!!!! I have failed every other diet I have ever been on. I am strong purely because I really want to be slim at this point in my life... maybe more so than any other one thing...

I did a lot I mean A LOT of soul searching the last few weeks and realsied just how much my weight had changed my life.... I realise I can't get back any of the years lost to obesity, but I'll be damned if it gets any more time from me...

I will soon be approahing 40 and just wish that I had done this 20 years ago..... I really believe that every time we fail on a diet it's a conscious decision to fail for whatever reasons and from my hypnotherapy training and practice I realise that many of the reasons might not be in our conscious mind.... My mum told me a long time ago that if I ever had a worry, or a problem, to write it out... all the scenarios, the pros and the cons... because then it helps to look more subjectively ona problem....
I looked at my life and realsied that Although I have 4 wonderful kids, and a wonderful husband, I wasn't happy... when I looked at the reason for my unhappiness, I realised that somewhere or other it all comes back to my weight...

I too have been fed up of the shakes... and it seems a long journey ahead BUT I will give myself the next 5 months to do this, because I want it more than i want a pizza or kebab or meal out or whatever....

A number of years ago i gave up drinking, I have never drunk much anyway, but basically I am a control freak and didn't like the out of control feeling that even being a bit tipsy gave me..... I was amazed not only at how easy it is to have a wonderful time without alcohol, but also just how many others manage to do this....
We think that alcohol gives us confidence? I don't believe it's true, all it does is take away the self control and lowers our inhibitions.... if people are going to be 'looking at me in a certain way' or talking about me behind my back, making comments about my size or whatever then i want to hear it! As for the feeling of being relaxed.... A friend once said, I just wouldn't get on the dance floor as I am so fat and look such a state.... Well to me, she was fat on or off the dance floor.... so I feel if you need to drink to do something your not prepared to do sober, then should you be doing it anyway.... I now enjoy laughing and having a really good time the few times I get out... SO please Willow.... NOT having a drink will not spoil your birthday!!!

You will lose the weight if you want to..... And I can tell from your posts that you do want to!!!!

I'll get off my soapbox now....... this damned diet has given me soooo much to think about!

Good luck!!!

I know the weigh in will go well and can't wait to read the next instalment of your uplifting diary!

I hope i do as well my weigh in is on wednesday at 2.30....not that i am counting or anything lol lol

Another 6llb of yuck gone forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy!!!!!

I have now lost 24llb in total (16lb of that in 2 weeks on CD)

Really really wanted to try mix a mousse this week but the CDC didn't have any again :( never mind.... have got the bars... and have just had a half of the peanut one! gosh they are very filling!

Anway.....
goign back to sitting on cloud nine
:bliss:

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am dancing with joy....you so deserve this!!!!!!! I am looking forward to what happens next ....i know you will do great and stay positive!!!!!

Treat yourself to a nice hot candlelit bath or a manicure/pedicure.... you deserve to be pampered!!!!

Back