NEW STARTER - JUST ORDERED IT!!

Had a strawberry shake for breakfast this morning - hot. It was interesting, as I was preparing it I was already regretting it but when I actually got to drink it I didn't mind. Might have something to do with me feeling really cold at the time, but I might try a hot banana shake tomorrow.

Picked up my popsicle forms from the post office this morning. They're those squeeze up types. Waiting for my first Dr Pepper popsicle. :)

Also had a look at ice crushers on the internet, not easy to find one that turns ice into slush like you would need for a frappuccino and at the same time doesn't break the bank. Any ideas?

Has anyone else been experimenting with the Exante products??

Had a strawberry shake for breakfast this morning - hot. It was interesting, as I was preparing it I was already regretting it but when I actually got to drink it I didn't mind. Might have something to do with me feeling really cold at the time, but I might try a hot banana shake tomorrow.

Picked up my popsicle forms from the post office this morning. They're those squeeze up types. Waiting for my first Dr Pepper popsicle. :)

Also had a look at ice crushers on the internet, not easy to find one that turns ice into slush like you would need for a frappuccino and at the same time doesn't break the bank. Any ideas?

Has anyone else been experimenting with the Exante products??

Heya - I've tried a hot choc shake made by putting the powder into a pre made mint tea - that was nice. Have done the vanilla shake as a hot coffee latte style which I love, in fact wouldn't bother drinking it cold now

I'd definatley recommend getting hold of blender..I've got an old philips blender which I've used on the shakes to make them thicker & creamier. I just pop the ice in first to slush it up a bit first before adding the powder & water & hey presto it comes out great...plus it at least doubles the volume of the shake & makes it longer to eat cos its so much thicker. I'd have thought somewhere like argos would do a basic blender for £10-£20 - they all do the same...blend food/smoothie or milkshake maker

Love the idea of the popsicle too....x

Hey. Stevieo, I have got a blender and it's useful for shakes, smoothies etc. but it begins to smell as soon as you ask the thing to crush some ice - the motor overheats. So got to be a new one, and the main reason would be to get ice crushed into small enough bits for slushies.
Haven't used the blender for any of the shakes on their own yet, will give it a go, I do like it thick and creamy but so far have compromised on that for more volume ie more water with them to make it last longer.

Hey. Stevieo, I have got a blender and it's useful for shakes, smoothies etc. but it begins to smell as soon as you ask the thing to crush some ice - the motor overheats. So got to be a new one, and the main reason would be to get ice crushed into small enough bits for slushies.
Haven't used the blender for any of the shakes on their own yet, will give it a go, I do like it thick and creamy but so far have compromised on that for more volume ie more water with them to make it last longer.

mine does get the ice slushed right down so maybe a new one will do the trick...I found by using the same volume of water..as per packet...but adding a couple of handfuls of ice & blitzing then the volume was huge...in fact i might add a bit more water next time to see if i can split a packet between me & hubby which'll then mean we could have an "extra" shake later on!! x

Good thinking, Stevieo - about splitting the shake. I wanted to do that yesterday and only had half a pack of hot chocolate shake in the morning. Kept looking at the half-empty pack all day and getting excited about another hot chocolate after 'dinner'. - Went to bed with a rumbling stomach - and realized I'd never had that extra shake. D'oh!

Got the popsicle moulds from ebay. They're made of silicone, figured it'll be easier to push up the ice. Pack of 10 - £6.99, thought it would be worth it for that little money. :)

I've upped the water levels today...so far have done 2.5-3 litres whereas most days I've probably been struggling to achieve 1 litre. Hopefully that'll have a positive effect...it's already had an effect on the number of loo trips I'm making if that's anything to go by??!! lol
Need to keep up exercising too - first bit for best part of a year...& I wonder why I'm 15 odd stone!! lol x

I could wee for Jockland! Good exercise at work though....up and down stairs so many times. Good on ya, lass. You'll be buff by bells in no time!

Arrgh - I'm hurting too at the thought of kettle bells exercises! Go Stevieo!

Wouldn't worry about hubby, maybe you've been eating a bit healthier than he was just before you started the diet, plus men's skin is different in that the fat cells are in a different place, that's why women are more prone to chubbiness. Lucky us. ;)

Clardie - forgot to say: Congratulations to 4lbs off!! Yay!

Thank-you Thank-you, Trickshot :D

Great ice-lolly idea. I remember mixing up a soup pack and putting in the oven to make wee crisps. They were kinda yuk though, so scrapped that one!
Hols just booked for the end of May. Incentive to keep at it! Back to the gym tomorrow and going to try a stint on my treadmill today :whacky068:

Have a lovely Sun, folks. Whiteout up here.....was meant to be taking Mum & Grannie out. Still, it means I won't cry when they have cake now :)

Oh girls.... :booboo: last night....was doing well, had my 'normal' food during day & tons of water like I said. Hadn't had the dinner as was waiting for hubby to come home as he was working all day. He was mega buoyed up by his massive weight loss & starving hungry by 9pm when he drove home & he picked up a chinese takeaway!!!!!! Albeit it was at least a half size version of what we normally have.

I tried sooooooo hard to ignore it on the plate but ended up having 4 little salt & pepper spare ribs, 2 chicken sweet & sour balls, 3 little salt & pepper chicken bites & about 10 prawn crackers - no booze though so didn't break down completely!! but feel a bit guilty this morning......

On the plus side (trying to find one)....I definitely don't feel like I've fallen off the wagon in so much as I'm craving normal food today just because I actually ate something last night so a black coffee & a large glass of water down the hatch this morning already

have a lovely Mothers Day whatever you're doing....a few flurries of snow down here too Clardie but nothing like what you guys get! xx

Good morning, Stevieo. :)

My stomach's been rumbling and complaining big time for the last 3 days. Don't know what that is about, probably my stomach shrinking, haha. But I was watching a program last night and this guy in germany had some fries and a curry-bratwurst thingie, and it looked soooo yummy I couldn't have resisted if someone had put one of those things right in front of me. Lucky nobody did and all I had to do was mop up the drool...

Good to know you're not completely throwing all the efforts so far away, and you're not beating yourself up over it. Just carry on with the TS as you normally would, I'm sure you'll still have lost weight by next Wednesday. So you're right, don't make the booboo a bigger thing than it is. Plus, it was food you really like and enjoyed, much better than having had something to eat that you normally wouldn't fancy. If that make sense. :bighug:

Have a good Sunday!!

Off to see my friend in Huddersfield in a short while, I hear they had a bit of snow there too.

Oh girls.... :booboo: last night....was doing well, had my 'normal' food during day & tons of water like I said. Hadn't had the dinner as was waiting for hubby to come home as he was working all day. He was mega buoyed up by his massive weight loss & starving hungry by 9pm when he drove home & he picked up a chinese takeaway!!!!!! Albeit it was at least a half size version of what we normally have.

I tried sooooooo hard to ignore it on the plate but ended up having 4 little salt & pepper spare ribs, 2 chicken sweet & sour balls, 3 little salt & pepper chicken bites & about 10 prawn crackers - no booze though so didn't break down completely!! but feel a bit guilty this morning......

On the plus side (trying to find one)....I definitely don't feel like I've fallen off the wagon in so much as I'm craving normal food today just because I actually ate something last night so a black coffee & a large glass of water down the hatch this morning already

have a lovely Mothers Day whatever you're doing....a few flurries of snow down here too Clardie but nothing like what you guys get! xx

Don't fret...it's only a wee blip. I have a near wobble on a daily basis! Could've been alot worse...and your guilt trip will spur you on I bet. Back on the horsey, Timotei lady! :hug99:

Hey, Stevieo,
how did your day go? Did you have your husband do all sorts of jobs you didn't want to do for tempting you with the takeout last night? ;) Hope all is well.

Hi Girls...hope you're both ok. Decided on an impromptu trip to my Mum's yesterday (100 miles away!) as hubby was working again. Was good though & took my own "grub" with me but boy was it hard to avoid food when it's in other peoples houses. Ended up having a poached egg for brekkie (no bread)....god knows what my results will be on Weds after the ribs & chicken balls too! :eek:

Still no booze & racking up the water intake - have been averaging 3 litres a day since I started properly monitoring it on Saturday & just a 2 or 3 black coffees during the day

Oh...ended up having to buy some more shakes too as we'd finished ours...got them cheaper on Ebay - think I paid £44 for 50 choc ones as opposed to the £64 on the website. Need to get some more vanilla ones too - although still gots loads of bars, soups & pasta to get through!!!

TTFN xx

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!! I was bidding for those chocolate shakes too!! If I had known I could've stopped bidding earlier so you wouldn't have had to pay that much. That's so funny. :)

Busy day at work, and it was the first day since I started TS that I was in the office. Most people took a trip to a takeout place nearby, and the smells in the office were soooo tempting. Ad as if that wasn't bad enough, they took a staggered approach to this so I was surrounded by lovely food smell for about 3 hours! Arrrrrgh!

Tried out the pasta carbonara for the first time tonight. Read somewhere that it tends to explode in the microwave so I put it on the stove. It felt like normal cooking, and the sheer act of me standing by the hob, stirring food made me want proper food. Especially since my idea of adding a bit of extra water and it thickening a bit if on the stove for longer totally backfired, it was like soup with a few noodles in it. - I long for a home-made bagel burger and salad and was close to ending this diet and moving onto one that's worked in the past - no food all day then a meal in the evening. Fooooooooood.
Have decided to make a quick step onto the scales before i go to bed tonight, I know my stomach won't be empty but I do wonder if a tiny buit of weight loss will motivate me enough to keep going with TS.

How are you getting on Clardie and Stevieo, and everyone else??

Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about the poached egg. It wasn't even fried. It's all about context - just think of all the food you've resisted whilst at your mom's. I think for that you've done remarkably well. And I'm sure if it had been me, I would've gone to town on everything in the house after that egg. ;)

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!! I was bidding for those chocolate shakes too!! If I had known I could've stopped bidding earlier so you wouldn't have had to pay that much. That's so funny. :)

Busy day at work, and it was the first day since I started TS that I was in the office. Most people took a trip to a takeout place nearby, and the smells in the office were soooo tempting. Ad as if that wasn't bad enough, they took a staggered approach to this so I was surrounded by lovely food smell for about 3 hours! Arrrrrgh!

Tried out the pasta carbonara for the first time tonight. Read somewhere that it tends to explode in the microwave so I put it on the stove. It felt like normal cooking, and the sheer act of me standing by the hob, stirring food made me want proper food. Especially since my idea of adding a bit of extra water and it thickening a bit if on the stove for longer totally backfired, it was like soup with a few noodles in it. - I long for a home-made bagel burger and salad and was close to ending this diet and moving onto one that's worked in the past - no food all day then a meal in the evening. Fooooooooood.
Have decided to make a quick step onto the scales before i go to bed tonight, I know my stomach won't be empty but I do wonder if a tiny buit of weight loss will motivate me enough to keep going with TS.

How are you getting on Clardie and Stevieo, and everyone else??

LOL..that is funny...I'll let you know when I'm bidding next time!!

God that's awful when you have to put up with everyone elses lunch choices...luckily I don't work in an office environment anymore otherwise I'd have failed on about day 2 cos everyone was always bringing in cakes & biscuits to share & I've got the willpower of a goldfish so would always say "yes"

I don't mind he pasta (just as well looking at the number of packets in the cupboard) but you do have to experiment a bit with the cooking of it plus...it's the tiniest of all the portion sizes too - really measly. I had one the other day & ate it out of the smallest bowl I could find & actually used my 6 yr old step daughters fork so make it all seem in proportion!!

I'm not actually feeling hungry inbetween "meals" but like you I do yearn a bit for actually eating something...doesn't even have to be anything naughty, just something...plus there seems to be a million & one cooking progs on the tv at the min - both me & hubby drooled over someone making beef wellington earlier tonight AND it had dauphinoise potatoes with it. hubby then reminded me of the last roast dinner I made - chicken with home made bread sauce!! lol xx

re the pasta....I do it by adding slightly less water than the packet says until it's simmering & then add a bit more as & when you need it. I do it on the hob too. The other tip is to put the boiling water on it & let it soak for a few mins before you start cooking which I think softens the pasta bits ....but it still a silly little portion!!

& weigh yourself in the morning Trickshot....cos whatever you've lost (& you will have done)...it'll be more in the morning after you've been to the loo!!!
whatever happens...you aint giving up!!! x

Hey, Stevieo,
good to hear from you. I shall try your tip with the pasta, will keep you posted on my cooking adventures. You are right. Once I saw how little it was I added water to make the flavor go a bit longer. It was still a lot lot less than chomping on a cereal bar which I can take my time with as it doesn't go cold. Glad I only bought 10 pasta packs.
Bidding on some porridge on ebay, hope you're not. ;)
I've drunk a lot tonight so will empty my bladder and weigh myself then, don't think I can wait 'til the morning. Plus, if the weight loss isn't all that much I can tell myself it would've been much less if I had weighed myself in the morning! (Yes, I'm the queen of 'how to fool yourself').

Back