New Starters. Roll on up!!

hi all,

just a quickie to say thank u to u all for your warm welcome, much apreciated. so glad iv joined u :) i did my shop last night so i have everything i need to hand, think i bought too many veg tho, but i have 2 bunnies so im sure they'l enjoy it. 1oz of salad seems alot but 1oz of veg is minimal lol. im a bit confused about what i count and what i dont, despite reading the books. so im gonna pop across to the other thread about what we r eating today and hopefully ul tell me if im doing right or wrong. im still in ketosis so im guessing all is good :) xxxx

thank u abz :) x

any time hon. everyone here is lovely. and it really does work. it's strange at first, ha. but it really does :)

Hmmm, rabbit stew. Yummy

That'll get me a bashing even though it is legal ;)
:eek: :bolt:

my mum used to make an incredible rabbit stroganoff... mmm. totally atkins free on OWL too... although now she won't get so many rabbits... ha.

I love rabbit... haven't had any for yonks!

LOL, we're only winding you up Claire, well the others are. :D

LOL @ laura..

ud get a great stew out of em lol they r sooo porky!! lol ud never think they lived off healthy food lol.

thanks again abz for your support, and u too laura for your supporting comments too.

yes it does seem like a very strange diet, my partner nearly had a fit when he saw me munching a bit of cheese, so then i couldnt help but tell him il be cooking my eggs in butter tmrw lol he thinks im barmy! i have complete faith in this diet, there is alot of logic behind it, and lets face it......iv tried all the others!!!! :) xxxx

Last edited:
can anyone tell me, what is a reasonable weight loss each month with atkins? i know everyone is different and that what will be will be but being the woman that i am, i just had to ask :) from what i see with ppl on here, it looks like about 10lb? im just trying to work out how long it will take for me to lose the 6 stone as i need to re schedual my breast reduction op which i had to cancel in october when i found out i was expecting a week b4! xxxx

I think 10 lbs a month is doable for sure, but many have lost more a month. When you are on induction the 1st phase you tend to lose more. I lost 6 pounds the first week. some lose a 3 lbs a week consistently. like you said everybody is different and its easy for some to lose weight and others not..

You'll do great on this diet. You already have a good attitude :)

Hi all new newbies, old newbies n old oldies :D Gosh, been off the board for only a day and so much going on - great !

I'm still low-carbing, but not counting and staying off the scales - will probably carry on like this for another week and then I'm getting back to Atkins proper.

I've got my friends funeral on saturday - wasn't sure I wanted to go (not good at funerals), but feel I owe it to her, her family and to support my other friends.

Going to look for some flaxmeal and splenda - so I can have a go at making the muffin and I can take that to work for brekky.

Those joining from CD - do try and eat the 3 meals. I have struggled eating and found that my weight loss stalled for a bit. I think, in part, it is(was) psychological (sp?) because I was so used to not eating - that I couldn't get my head around eating so much and losing weight.

Anyway good luck - and see you all on the boards again soon.

thank u. i thought if i have 10lb a month in mind then il be extra excited if i do more and not so disappointed on the months i dont, an average of 10lb would be great. im hoping to book my surgery for a years time so 10lb average would get me there with a few months to spare :) i cant wait til weigh day...im so excited to see how im doing!!! everyone here seems to do great so im very positive il do fine, which is not something id have been so sure of on other conventional diets, thanks again x

people seem to vary in anything from half a stone upwards. it really does depend on what level of carbs you eat. some people are happy eating a higher level in OWL and losing a lb a week and others stay in induction for a while and lose 3lb per week.

whatever you lose, you can eat plenty of lovely things and your weight goes down :) so it's all good, ha.

abz xx

Morning all, I hear what you are all saying, but personally I'd look at losing 1 -2 lbs a week, slow loss is sustainable loss in my opinion.

I agree you have the right mind set though Sarah.

Hey Eddie, I just wanted to say that out of all the diet versions of fizzy drinks, the orange ones have carbs, 1.3g per 330ml if im correct so a few glasss a day could really add up! I really like the diet fanta but try to only have 1 now and again, just wanted to let you know babe.

Hello also to all the new ones that have posted I love reading what you've all been up to and wish you all the very best of luck. xxx

Hi kitten :wavey:

Back