new sw xmas cook book

soccermom

I AM A WEMITT x
Has anyone looked at it yet, what do you think of it?

I mean't to look last night, but completely forgot.

I get it next week as a freebie when I buy my countdown so i'm looking forward to see what it has in there.

I had a quick peek after class last night, looked really good to me! I'm getting it next week with my 12-week countdown. Lots of traditional looking recipies with a sw twist! Not bad for a freebie I reckon :) xxx

i had a quick look last night, some really nice things in there.
there was a baileys cheesecake that caught my eye, and from memory it wasn't too highly synned.
will get it closer to christmas, i get stupidly excited about christmas as it is without thinking about food :)

It does look really good, I'm going to get it with a countdown next week too.

I do think sw books are very reasonably priced though, I think it's only £4.95ish?

I had a good look through one of the books last night - lots of good recipes in there - mince pies, christmas pud, christmas cake, stuffing & all the trimmings. Loads of others in there as well as like a game terrine, posh looking fruit jellies, a xmas pud ice cream, chocolate truffles (these looked well yum). From the quick flick through it's definately one of their best recipe books yet (imho) :)
I'm so glad I didn't renew my countdown last night before we were told about the book!

Ooo that sounds good will get it is it available already in meetings? Got mine tomorrow?

Thanks for the replies, definitely looking forward to getting my now then :D

Yes its available so you should be able to get it, i'm just waiting to get mine as a freebie.

As i have only just rejoined sw i'm not familiar with this countdown thingy, i don't remember it when i was last there. Can someone enlighten me please.

a countdown is where you pay up front for your classes, you can get either a 12 week or a 6 week, have a look on the sw website and it will telll you more about it

could i get this book somewhere else? i dont know go class nemore as cant afford it

Me too, would love to get the book. Posssibly not an option, but is there anyone here who attends meetings, that could purchase for others, obviously having received payment first.
Marian x

ive never bought a countdown before but when C told us that the book was free with a countdown of 12 weeks - I thought that I might as well go for it and save £15 in the process - the recipes do look good.

Got hubby to buy the Christmas cook book at club this evening, looks like there are some yummy recipes in there :)

also got a pack of mince pie Hi-fi bars, so will try one later :)

does anyone know if they take card payments for the countdowns? Or do I need to draw the cash out en route?? I've never bought one before but I decided to get one when Di said you get the free book (plus it will make me keep going to class!)

Back