New to 5:2

Thanks twinrix :) thanks for your support

Yesterdays fast was perfect. Really pleased with myself now ;)

I absolutely hate cauliflower but I have found away to get it down me. I grated it into my stir fry. Couldn't even taste it. I am not keen on most veg only carrots and green beans. But lately I have started having broccoli and courgette. Peppers and mushrooms - I am getting there.

Looking forward to my breakfast but going for a walk first.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It sounds like you are on a great track there. I might need to follow that.
I usually go by regular food, but count them down to roughly 500 cal. For example I take 100g of pasta, 50g of light creme fraich, 30g onion, 30g ham, mix them together and spice it up. It tastes great and is still around 500 cal.

Hi guys, I'm new in this thread.
Ok so a quick bit about me. I did lipotrim in 2008 and lost 5 stone in 11 weeks. Fantastic at the time but after baby number 2 and a couple of stressful years it all went back on. In the mean time I've yoyo'd with
sw (worked fantastic but couldn't afford the £5 a week or stick to class due to family commitments),
ww (couldn't get to grips with points),
herbalife, exante (both of which boredom set in easily).
I was always losing a stone or two and then gaining again and being an emotional eater, something stressful in life got in my way. (Or so I told myself)
A few people recommended this 5:2 but I didn't know enough. On Sunday night I did loads of research and then Monday I woke up completely unprepared and just thought I'm going for it. So I started there and then on Monday on a fast day. I ate normally yesterday and today I have fasted again. So far I love this diet. I feel like I'm making good choices rather than dieting. The main key for me is that there is no boredom element. If I'm struggling today it's ok cos tomorrow I won't be hungry. I love that! I also love that I can plan it around a social life (rare thing) so for instance I know to fast on days when I know nothing will be happening. I've decided to do it on a 4:3 ratio until mid April to give me an extra boost before my friends wedding. Any tips would be fantastic. Are you getting losses?
Thanks for listening to me, T xx

Hi magicjellybeans
Welcome to this thread, even if I am not the person starting it ;). Yes losses come over time, rapidly at first but then it might slow down. Personally I am on a plateau right now, hoping for the scale to nice to me tomorrow.

Happy enough with my up days. Not over doing anything but I am struggling to eat my tdee - I can't see that being a big problem really. Opinions? ??

Have cut down on carbs especially in the evenings. Loads of veg and fish or quorn chicken or quorn mince.

Happy enough with my up days. Not over doing anything but I am struggling to eat my tdee - I can't see that being a big problem really. Opinions? ?? Have cut down on carbs especially in the evenings. Loads of veg and fish or quorn chicken or quorn mince. Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I did what KB recommended. Look on MFP for your calorie allowance to lose 2lb a week multiply it by 7 to give you a weekly total, take off your 1000 for your 2 fast days & divide remainder by 5 & make that your daily aim. Xx

Twinrix its a great app for keeping track of your food and exercise.

Fast day today and just back from my morning walk. Food for today will be a bovril drink about half four then at half six - quorn chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, courgette and light philadelphia (roasted pepper flavour) mmmm cant wait. Then an apple with peanut butter if I am still hungry.

Once again not positive at all about tomorrow's weigh. Actually I feel worse about it than I did last week. Think I am looking at a gain :mad::banghead:

Twinrix its a great app for keeping track of your food and exercise. Fast day today and just back from my morning walk. Food for today will be a bovril drink about half four then at half six - quorn chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, courgette and light philadelphia (roasted pepper flavour) mmmm cant wait. Then an apple with peanut butter if I am still hungry. Once again not positive at all about tomorrow's weigh. Actually I feel worse about it than I did last week. Think I am looking at a gain :mad::banghead: Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have you had bad UDs honey? You know what you're like, you always panic before weigh day, I think we all do xx

I may eat a bit more at the weekend. But I have been really good all week. Not gone over on cals, mainly been under! ! Not been hitting my tdee I find it very hard to do so. But think maybe I will just have to lower cals more, don't really want to as the constantly worrying about cals wasn't why I chose to do this - I wanted to get away from all that. Anyway determined to not let it get me down just really hope I don't gain. A sts and I would be happy, a loss I will be ecstatic.

Had a good down day, really full surprisingly, maybe too full!! Carbs for today are at 33 so its not from that. Oh well!!!

Wish me luck! !

Back