New to Cambridge - start tomorrow

fairydust81

Hi all

Just happened to come across this forum and thought I'd say hi. I met my consultant today and have all my shakes and soups ready to go and I'm actually really looking forward to getting going. I'm currently 12 stone 3 and gained almost 3 stone after having a hysterectomy done 3 years ago, I'm 30 years old and due to go on holiday in 5 weeks, desperate to lose weight for the holiday but also to feel better about myself, I'm at the stage where all my clothes are too tight and i feel incredibly uncomfortable every day.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing my journey with you all

Welcome :) hope you get on well with the diet, stick through the tough first few days then it will get easier :) I'm on week two and due to get weighed in an hour! Eeek!

Good Luck. For me personally the last 16 weeks have been the best in my life :)

Hi fairydust81,

how has your first day gone? Im on my second week and lost 6.5lbs in week one doing SS+. My starting weight is the same as yours. Once you get over the first few days, I actually find the plan quite manageable. The difficulties come in when your mind tells you you fancy junk food etc- the good thing is that I already know how to differentiate between hunger and emotional eating and so have not let it bother me!

At my weigh in yesterday I was a little dissapointed with my loss as these forums made me think I could easily lose 10lbs- my CDC told me that because I don't have masses to lose then I can realistically expect to lose 3lbs a week. Still sounds great and is way more that what i was losing on a calorie counting diet!

X

Hi fairydust81,

how has your first day gone? Im on my second week and lost 6.5lbs in week one doing SS+. My starting weight is the same as yours. Once you get over the first few days, I actually find the plan quite manageable. The difficulties come in when your mind tells you you fancy junk food etc- the good thing is that I already know how to differentiate between hunger and emotional eating and so have not let it bother me!

At my weigh in yesterday I was a little dissapointed with my loss as these forums made me think I could easily lose 10lbs- my CDC told me that because I don't have masses to lose then I can realistically expect to lose 3lbs a week. Still sounds great and is way more that what i was losing on a calorie counting diet!

X

Hi Mulberry

First day has been fine, I had a fruits of the forest shake at around 9am followed by an oriental chilli soup at lunchtime (meanwhile my colleagues were eating chips and curry and it smelt gorgeous) and I've had a mango shake tonight, also drank 2.5 litres of water, a black coffee and a couple of black teas. Have felt the hunger pains tonight but am eating sugar free gum which is helping. I've also had a mild headache for which I had a couple of paracetamol. All in all not a bad day at all, no where near as bad as I thought I would feel.

Nice to meet someone else at the same weight with the same sort of goal, well done on your weight loss so far, I was hoping for a large loss at my first WI next week however I know realistically a few pounds will be just fine for my size. My goal is to drop a stone for my holiday in 5 weeks so here's hoping :)

Please remember NO food talk allowed in the 100% section

Thread moved to main forum

first day

Hi all

Just happened to come across this forum and thought I'd say hi. I met my consultant today and have all my shakes and soups ready to go and I'm actually really looking forward to getting going. I'm currently 12 stone 3 and gained almost 3 stone after having a hysterectomy done 3 years ago, I'm 30 years old and due to go on holiday in 5 weeks, desperate to lose weight for the holiday but also to feel better about myself, I'm at the stage where all my clothes are too tight and i feel incredibly uncomfortable every day.

Hello Fairydust,
I woke up this morning unable to fit into my work clothes! Went to counsellor straight away n started today! Its nearly midnight and I am buzzing with excitment as well as expectations! It will b great to keep in touch on our progress (i think we need it!!) I'm 5'9" and 15st...shocking seeing it written down like that..!!!! Good luck for your first shake tomorrow n get in touch cxx

so guys officially second day on CD and my stomach is rumbling..its really embarrasing as its getting really noisy..!!!;( I did body pump class today and felt quite exhausted..
I am on 4 sachets a day..its 1pm and I only have one left to go..eeek its hatr but will manage..si guess early bed for me tonight to stop myself thinking of food!
Anyone used those ketostix..?!

Smiles x

hello everyone, i started the CD last night and have just finished my first day, it's been ok, managed not to give into temptation but i do feel hungry, so far i like the cappuccino shake best, but have lots more flavours to try out. Im experiencing a bit of heartburn, does anybody else have trouble with this and is there a product which i can use to calm it down without breaing my diet?

smevs:
I know what u mean I am staaarving...!!! but wont give up hence why i drunk about 10cups of nettle tea to "fill myself up";)

Hey,

Pinksmartie - my CDC said that I was to stop cardiovascular exercise until I was further into the plan/maintenance stage. I not an expert but it made sense, maybe your exhaustion and burning more calories than you're eating will make you hungrier than normal? Not sure?

Smevs - hey and welcome! I've not experienced heartburn but I know that in the first few days when you're going carb cold turkey you brain/body does some weird things. Hopefully it will pass! I've never tried cappuccino but can thoroughly recommend all shakes bar chocolate orange- tasted too chemically for me!

Good luck to you both, hope you check in with your progress!

I'm off for a long weekend away... Will power has been packed and I hope it stays with me!! Lol!

Xx

Hey everyone

How are you all getting on?

PinkSmartie - not fitting into my work clothes was also something that spurred me on, also I met up with a friend who had been doing SS+ and had lsot 25lbs and looks amazing. How on earth did you manage to do a bodypump class lol, I'm exhausted (on 3 sachets per day) and have stopped doing my 5 mile runs and hula hoops for at least the first 2 weeks
Smevs - I was suffering with heartburn on my first day (yesterday) but just drank sparkling water and it seemed to help

Day 2 was ok although I had a very small blip, I feel very disappointed now but have got over it and ready to start day 3. Today I had a choc mint shake to start but as soon as I took a sip a huge wave of nausea took over me (Id not long finished a black tea), my friend was looking at me and noticed I had started to turn white, I just made it to the toilet and threw up (awful, I have a phobia of throwing up).....not much came up (as my stomach is so empty) and I felt fine afterwards. Managed 3 litres of water today (2 litres of that were sparkling, I find drinking sparkling water a lot easier than still). So for lunch I had the spicy tomato soup which i have to say I really didn't like, I thought it was very powdery and not as nice as the chilli soup. Then had the maple and pecan porridge tonight, found it very strange as it tasted nice but had a very strange baby food like texture, managed to eat it all though.

Have felt absolutely starved tonight and was naughty and had some milk in my tea (for some reason just had a real urge for some milk)....looking forward to seeing what day 3 brings tomorrow - I haven't been to the toilet for a few days and wondered if this was normal......

Hi all

Welcome Fairy Dust. I'm on day 10 of SS+ and still feel hungry at times but this forum keeps me on the straight and narrow! I lost 9lbs in week 1. I'm sure you can lose a stone in time for your holiday. Best of luck x

Good evening FD,
well done on today, i have to say i have been starving today n had temptations..its amazing how many food adverts I notice since I cant have normal food..they are blimin everywhere!!!!
but managed ..just about..
Good luck n roll on day 3!;)

Love P.S

Welcome Fairy Dust. I'm on day 10 of SS+ and still feel hungry at times but this forum keeps me on the straight and narrow! I lost 9lbs in week 1. I'm sure you can lose a stone in time for your holiday. Best of luck x

Hey Casablanca

Thanks for your message, I have everything crossed and I am very determined to lose it. Am missing doing my hula hooping but daren't do anything at the moment with my body going through such drastic changes lol. Hoping the hunger pangs settle down, at least a little or I can learn to ignore them, horrible

Good evening FD,
well done on today, i have to say i have been starving today n had temptations..its amazing how many food adverts I notice since I cant have normal food..they are blimin everywhere!!!!
but managed ..just about..
Good luck n roll on day 3!;)

Love P.S

Yes I've also noticed there are a lot of food adverts everywhere I go, and I've also noticed that food smells a lot stronger when i can't have it, I have to walk past the restaurant at the hospital I work in quite a lot and the breakfasts smell even nice now, but I just make sure that I don't carry my purse around so i can't give in to temptation. I just have to keep thinking to myself, only 5 weeks and I'll be sat on a hot beach in hopefully my size 12 bikinis :)

Roll on day 3 indeed....hope it's as good as the first two (although I have heard that day 3 and 4 are the worse and once they've passed it gets easier).....

Hey FD,
how did your day 3 go? I have to say I was ok, Maybe because I kept busy whole day. I bought ketostix and yesterday I was in low level of ketosis.However today it has not been so easy.I felt quite tired and exhausted! I'm not starving anymore but really tempted..my next door neighborough is having bbq and it smells delicious..its tortue!!!!

smiles

Hey FD,
how did your day 3 go? I have to say I was ok, Maybe because I kept busy whole day. I bought ketostix and yesterday I was in low level of ketosis.However today it has not been so easy.I felt quite tired and exhausted! I'm not starving anymore but really tempted..my next door neighborough is having bbq and it smells delicious..its tortue!!!!

smiles

Day 4 today for me and it's been a rubbish day, was going well until I took my daughter to the chippy and disappointingly I succumbed and had a third of a portion of chips and gravy, I feel sooo bad now but am flushing my system with copious amounts of water. I have ordered some ketostix but I'm pretty sure I hadn't hit ketosis. Roll on a better day tomorrow :-(

hi all! fairy try not to punish yourself your doing the right thing by flushing :)) im on day 5 and beginning to get inot the swing of things but really cant stop thinking bout food argh :(

oh no!!! but I know how you feel it has been so so hard..!! All my mates are going out tonight and I'm at home with sparkling water..i think once we start seeing results then that will kick us forward.. How much weigh would you like to loose?!

Back