new to CD - My diary

Don't you just love people like that!!!! That's why I've not told many people, not sure how I'm going to deal with their negativity .... I have Dr's approval and she is very keen on me doing this so it shouldn't matter, but I know people will dissaprove. x

After an extremely busy weekend I had my weigh in and lost 3lbs! I was hoping for 4lbs but as I had a couple of drinks on sunday I am happy with that! 16lb in just under 3 weeks suits me fine! :)

Hiya!

I started Cambridge SS today and now at this moment drinking my first, of many glasses of water! Makes a change to my usual breakfast which was a massive fry up or a big pile
of pasta. Carbs were a massive weakness for me!

Reading all of your posts is great motivation, it's great to know you aren't on your own ESP when you are doing SS as there are no meals involved at all.

I'm off to get some ice now for my first shake - recommended by the members of this site to thicken it up! I'm not actually hungry which is odd, I wonder how many times I've eaten when I've actually just been thirsty?! Scary..

Hi KurlyK8

Welcome and good luck with your journey. I am honestly finding this easier than I thought and as I am on SS+ I ma not finding it to restrictive on my social life (which is excellent) I can out for dinner with my bf and friends and i wont lie i have had a couple of drinks (Vodka) and it doesnt appear to have had much effect although it wasnt much and also im aware you need to be careful with alcohol.

Anyway let me know how you are getting on x

Hiya!

That sounds good eh if you can still go out and have a couple of drinks!

I've just finished day one on SS and it wasn't that bad at all. I'm a bit hungry but i would be obviously cos i've cut my calorie intake from over 3000 to 438!

I can't wait for tomorrow - gonna try and up my water. I'm day dreaming about food tho.. I was dribbling over Jamie bloody Oliver's food programme earlier lol they should be banned!

Its easy enough once u get used to it. The hardest thing is other ppl trying to make u eat!
Day 3/4 was meant to be hard but I felt ok and get as much water down u as u can it really helps x

Hello!

Yeah trying to drink at least 4 litres a day but it's hard when you arent used to it. Well I better start as from what I've read on here, it can make a massive difference to weight loss!

Hope you are doing well x

Hi KurlyK8, I agree with Jamie Oliver etc. being banned but if they did that there'd be nothing on the telly! LOL

How have you been getting on? I'm also doing SS and I think I should be drinking more water. Got the orange powder this week which is rather lovely!

Everyone one on here is doing so well, keep going,

Bye for now x

Well......yesterday I went to thorpe park. I took 2 Tetra's with me and was going to have a grilled chicken salad from burger king. When we got there they didnt sell the salads they only sell burgers. Over to pizza hut buffet i cant just buy salad I have to pay £9 for lettuce! What a joke so said i wouldnt eat there......tried to order a drink and guess what ...£9! so guess what I ate NOTHING!

I had two teaspoons of my boyfriends chilli and went to bed cold and hungry! What a joke! Now I feel bad for eating the chilli i should of made a soup or something but was so cold and tired i couldnt be bothered. Was bad with my water as well as it was so cold i couldnt face any drinks apart from tea!

What a nightmare hon, but i bet you walked loads and loads i hope your back on track now ? Just the little bit of chilli shouldn't have made a difference but you need to make sure you get all your vitamins :)

xx

yeah hope not will see later!

Im really trying to force down my food today I feel so sick the porridge was making me heave and cant face my soup yet, im having a coke Zero to try and get rid of the nausea.
I think I may try some of the bars and pre made shakes this week as a bit of a change i feel so sick of the porridge and soup and I dont like the shakes at work without the blender.

Has anyone else had days like this. Im not even hungry at all

Hi again, I've totally gone off the soups and porridges and only have bars and shakes and the tetras which are a real godsend when I am out. I'm struggling to drink all my water though, I now have the orange which helps but I probably only drink about 2.5 maybe 3ltrs a day whereas some of you are doing 4. Doesn't seem to effect my weight loss as I've lost 2 stone but I do wonder if it's doing anything to my insides. My CDC says I drink enough, perhaps I should just increase it a little bit?

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day out as well. I am out in London in a few weeks with a friend and am taking tetras and water with me (think I'll need a suitcase on wheels not a nice little bag!!!) We are hoping to go to Nandos and I pray they have the chicken salad or else she will feel guilty about eating in front of me and I'll not have my stuff and I'll get a headache and feel sick etc. etc. I must plan ahead!!!

Take care, xx

Nando's will be fine, there are loads of places in London to eat so I am sure you wont have a problem at all.

Ive just bought some bars and Tetras and feel back on track I had such a terrible headache as i just couldnt stomach anymore porridge and soup. You should drink extra water with the tetras but as long as you are having at least 2.5 litres that seems fine to me, do you have Tea and coffee as that helps with the water intake too. I tried teh orange powder, you could of had mine - i hated it ha ha!

I lost 4lbs on monday as well so am so happy going at this rate - will hope for 4 next week too! x

Help for this evening!

I am off out for a dinner tonight and although I know I can have fish and salad for mains I feel due to the special occassion I would like a small starter - is shellfish ok as long as it isnt fried or cooked in bad things like butter! I was thinking of steamed mussels or the seafood salad. I would rather have garlic bread and pizza but hey.....not gonna happen! Im only going to have to CD products today due to the fact I know I will be eating more than normal!

don't know about mussels. Prawns are fine, though.

I know prawns are ok but im sick of them I may just treat myself I have 18lbs to go in 6 weeks so i am sure one bowl of mussels wont kill me!

Yes enjoy your night out, what are you celebrating?

Me, I'm going to have a bubbly bath with my book .... lovely LOL x

Back